“Great value for a family, note there's a pool and steam room”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 3 May 2012

In mid April my family of four (husband and 14 yr old plus 11 yr old) stayed here. This was our third stay over 7 years. Again we were impressed with the warm feeling and comfort we experience each time. Depending on what your priorities are we find this place to be so much better value than the high priced B&B's around that are also servicing Gatwick Airport.
Given it seems to be primarily a business and conference hotel it caters very well for families too. We got a GREAT rate by pre-purchasing a few weeks prior with the hotel directly. We had one room that had a king bed and a double bed, a very large room called family room.
Breakfast was included and so is the access to pool and steam room, quite wonderful after long haul flights. (Casual guests pay 10 pounds each to enter)
Full buffet brekky includes all the usuals and proper coffee. While we did pay extra (10 pounds per day for parking) still very much worth it.
The CPG is now our home from home when visiting family in the area.
Congrats to all the staff there. My sister stayed too and got a very good single room rate as well.

Room Tip: If you are a family check on line rate then check with hotel to ask specifically for family room. Co...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank haqsta
Write a ReviewReviews (2,161)

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed before and after our holiday. We booked the park and fly before and were impressed that the car stayed on the hotel car park. When we arrived the hotel reception staff booked us in efficiently and sorted bus tickets for the transfer the next day, and advised the availavibility of taxis for our return. The rooms were of a good size and it and the bathroom were very clean. The air conditioning units could have been a bit more efficient as the rooms remained very warm throughout the night. The bar meals that we had were good, although I thought they were pricey for what they were. The choice of food at breakfast was excellent and varied.

Stayed: April 2012
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to put your comments onto Trip Advisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the service both efficient and your stay offered value for money.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to a flight. The service we received was very good and we were not charged the parking fee which was a nice surprise.

Whilst the room was clean it was quite small. We stayed in the Premier Inn just down the road a few months before and the rooms there were larger and of a better standard.

Whilst we didn't have time to use it the pool looked very nice. As you would expect from an airport hotel the food and drink were overpriced but the service was good.

Check was quick and simple.

As we got a very good rate for our nights stay it was good value for money. If I had paid anything close to the rack rate I would have been disappointed.

We would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us , I am sorry that you found the room to be small ,we do have several different room types if you decide to stay with us in the future you may like to book one of our Club Rooms which are very luxurious and are larger.

It is always advisable to look around for good offers I do hope you manage to find a deal in the future which will enable you to return to the hotel.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here as part of a park and fly package through APH. The room was a good size and clean. As with other Crowne Plaza/IHG hotels I have stayed at, it is a nice modern decor in the rooms. Only a short drive from the airport this hotel made a good base without all the hustle and bustle of the airport environment. Barriers on the entrance to the hotel say that parking costs £25 for 24 hours but I think this is a deterrent to people using up parking for guests, as reception give you the paid ticket for the barrier. The restaurant and bar area area looked pleasant enough, but we utilised the room service which we experienced no problems with. All in all not a bad hotel, I would definitely consider using it again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found that the hotel offered good value for money ,and the service from our staff was both quick and efficient.

We are well located for both the Town and the Airport so it is a good location and I hope the hotel and facilities met all your expectations of a Crowne Plaza hotel.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here as part of an APH package which included parking at Copthorne, 15 min drive away. Brilliant price and hotel was well located about a mile from the M23 - easy to find. The car park states its £10 per night but we were told it was free on our package when we questioned it.
Hotel reception was large & clean and staff were efficient and helpful with good local knowledge. Our room was on the 6th floor and so very quiet which was great as we had a 4am start the next day. The room had all the usual attributes and a great shower room. Our wake up call was on time. We stayed room only & unfortunately didn't have time to use the facilities - next time perhaps?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at The Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay I am pleaased that you found the hotel offered you a good service and was easy to use for your parking package.

It was nice to read that that the staff at reception completed the check in quickly .

I do hope that if you stay with us in the future you will be able to take advantage of all the facilities on offer, and use our newly refurbished Gym and Health Club.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future if you are flying out of Gatwick Airport.

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Just stayed here again 28th April, very nice room and clean we had room 302 the only thing was to close to the lifts so you can hear it through the night , but what we paid for the room it's not worth complaining about , staff really nice , will be back again very soon :-)

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am delighted that you have stayed with us several times ,I am sorry that during your stay you found that your room was too close to the lift and you were disturbed.

If you ever have a problem during your stay please always be sure to let the staff or the Duty Manager know so that we can try to resolve any issues for you at the time.
It may have been possible to offer you a different room away from the lift.

I am pleased to learn that you will be using the hotel in the future. Please do mention that you
had a problem on your last stay so that we can make sure that you get a different room.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed here for the night before our long flight to have a good sleep and rest but we could not. I had a bad experience from the Inter Continental hotels group. They have air con in the rooms to heat up but non of them are working properly. We complained to reception then we had to move 3 rooms and finally we have given a electric Heater which I believe is not safe and should not be a standard of 4 star hotel. Next day when I woke up I was already tired and sick, so I started my journey very tired. I would never consider to stay in Crowne Plaza's anymore because of that bad experience. If you are not looking for an exhausting night do not stay here!

1  Thank yunver64
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments on trip advisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am very sorry to read that you exprienced a few issues with the heating and had to move several times. I have taken on board your comments and have passed them on to the department managers to investigate and carry out training if needed to improve the srevice we offer to our guest.

Despite the issues you experienced I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.