“IMPROVED AND NOW TOP RATE”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Turre, Spain
“IMPROVED AND NOW TOP RATE”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We used this hotel several years ago and it has improved immensely. The staff could not have been more helpful and changed our room type without any problems. The accommodation was first class, clean, modern, tidy and with disabled facilities for those that require them. There is secure parking around the hotel and internet/WI-FI available. Breakfast was a plentiful buffet style and good value. Once again the management should be proud of their ever-helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with other travellers following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that on returning to the hotel you found that the hotel and the facilities have improved and you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am delighted by your comments about the staff and I do hope that you will return to the hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

As usual with CP a clean and tidy hotel with good facilities. Handy for the airport and rail stations both at Gatwick and Three Bridges. Restaurant food was ok, not great just OK.

Room Tip: All I can say is remember it's an airport hotel so there is quite alot of coming and going at al...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that you find the location is convenient for you needs and provides a good location for travelling in and around the area ,with easy access to London and other major destinations.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
West Sussex
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We recently held out school Prom at the Crowne Plaza and I was very impressed by the level of service we were given thoughout the whole time. Paula and team were on hand to make sure that the whole experience was positive. The Ops Manager and his team were also professional and dealt with all our requests immediately.

I have no reservation in recommending the Crowne Plaza for a special event.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your comments onto Trip Advisor following your recent event at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am delighted that you had a wonderful time at the Prom and everyone enjoyed the event.
Our Team work hard to make every event go to plan and I will be happy to pass on your lovely comment to them.

I do hope that you will consider The Crowne Plaza for any future events. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Bromley, Kent
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My flight from Turkey was due in after the last central London train departed, so I looked at getting a hotel for the night. Several guest houses fail oto offer a shuttle service after 11pm so are not of use in my scenario. I got a secret hotel on lastminute which was a very good price for midweek £58 and discovered that I was going to stay at the Crowne Plaza.

I called the reception and asked for the timetable of the courtesy bus. Unfortunately, the timetable she read from had the last bus at 23.10. A taxi was going to be about £16 plus.

When I arrived, my flight was delayed, and after passport control queues, it was after midnight. I asked a hotel bus driver if the Crowne Plaza bus was still running and he assured me it would run until 00.54 - I confirmed this with the timetable at the bus stop in Gatwick South. I caught the next bus at 00.27 which took about 15 minutes to get to the hotel.

Reception gave me room 110, which was very pleasant. I needed the aircon as it was hot and muggy, and the temperature was soon adjusted. As a basic room it was very comfortable, with tea and coffee making equipment. After checking out next morning I was able to access the swimming pool and gym. I enjoyed a class aqua pilates very much.

I am very much inclined to stay here again. It would have given me some peace of mind to get the right details of the courtesy bus; perhaps it had changed since I rang two weeks before?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for your positive feedback following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am sorry that you were given some misleading information about the Hotel Shuttle service times, it has recently changed so I think this is where the confussion happened. I do hope that it did not spoil your impression of the hotel.

I am pleased that you found the hotel provided a comfortable start to your holiday and you were able to take advantage of the Heath Club faciliies and the classes they run.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stopped over at the crowne plaza as airport stopover. Very good hotel and would recommend it for anyone wanting a decent hotel for the start of your holiday.
Friendly staff at check-in, nice clean rooms, very comfy beds and immaculate hotel. There is no negatives I could mention about this hotel.
The hotel is 10 minutes away from crawley where there are a number of pubs, restaurants and things to do.
Top tip - don't book you hotel and parking through the hotel - I originally booked via the crown plaza for the stopover and 15 days parking and was quoted £140.

A few weeks later I found the same deal on purpleparking.com for £77 however the parking is with APH off site and a 10 minutes drive from the hotel. For a saving of £63 I didn't mind this. Plus you need to pay £8 to park you car overnight at the crowne plaza (This however was included within the cheaper deal) So it would have cost me £148 direct trough the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that you found the hotel suited your needs and provided a good start to your holiday.

We are located near to the Airport and the town so it is a good choice prior to flying out of Gatwick. Its nice to relax the night before and not have to worry about travelling long distances to catch a flight..

I do hope you enjoyed your holiday and will return to the hotel in the future.
Cambridge
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Good location, ten minute drive to terminal. Plenty of parking.
Check in very poor. A surly receptionist who failed to explain about breakfast, internet access and car parking all of which were included in the package. Had to ask about each one and kept waiting for ten minutes whilst they found the paperwork about the parking package.
Room very large and comfortable, bed very soft with lots of pillows. Air con unit outside room very noisy.
Club room not open until 8am on weekends so not worth the xtra price if you have an early flight.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay ata the crowne Plaza London Gtawick Airport hotel.

I am really sorry for your check in experince was under your expectations.

I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room, and also would like to let you know that in Club Lounge the breakfast starts at 07.30 on the weekends, however fruits, shortbread or cookies and coffee or soft drinks are available in 24/7.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This was a wonderful stopover before getting a morning flight, Room was lovely and spotlessly clean, lovely modern bathroom, with toiletries and lots of towels. bed was really comfy.
TOTALLY USE THE POOL/STEAM ROOM!!!! Its amazing!!!! After a drive from devon the pool and steam room were just lovely!! Cube restaurant and the bar were lovely too, really good food!! An excellent start to our holiday!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank misspinky3000
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I was delighted to read your feedback about your stay,I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us prior to your holiday
I
t sounds as though it made a relaxing start to your holiday. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.