I chose this hotel due to it's close proximity to Gatwick airport and the fact it was on the airport bus shuttle route; paid for but the £3.20 single fare represents good value if you are a single traveller. Not as great if a family.
On arrival it was clear that this 1960s style block had been given a cosmetic makeover with a modern entrance. Car parking (chargeable) was plentiful.
On entering the hotel I was pleased by it's modern appearance in the public areas.
I had taken advantage of a Club room, which must be remembered when considering this review.
The Club room provided free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel together with access to the Club lounge serving free nibbles and drinks during the evening; plus a complimentary buffet breakfast.
This was great as the general bar area was lifeless, although the adjacent swimming pool looked quite inviting behind its glazed panel.
I ate in the restaurant, again a large lifeless area however the food was excellent, albeit relatively expensive.
My room in the separate Club section was amazingly comfortable and well laid out. Spacious with wall mounted LCD TV, lots of workspace, Bose CD player, quality tea and coffee making facilities, safe, bathrobes, iron, mood lighting and a modern bathroom with fabulous walk-in shower and separate bath.
The air conditioning was quiet and performed extremely well.
My only gripe was very limited wardrobe space, but for a layover this was fine.
The views from the window overlooking the road and rooftops was not however particularly exciting.
I was glad that I upgraded to the Club floor, however I poked my head into a standard bedroom on leaving, which was equally as modern but less spacious.
In summary, a good experience albeit a bit pricey. I would return if travelling from Gatwick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A striking, wing-shaped canopy soars above the entrance to the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport hotel. You'll receive a warm welcome from our friendly Front Desk staff, who can direct you to your calming room or Suite. Revitalise and work out in the fully equipped gym, which is complimentary to residential guests. Dark wood and ochre create a stylish setting for business dinners in Cube restaurant, which serves modern English cuisine. Dine with up to 280 guests in one of our 11 vibrant meeting rooms or host board meetings in the chic executive boardroom. Upgrade to access the Club Lounge, where complimentary breakfast & drinks are served as well as canapes in the evening. A pre-bookable airport (taxi) transfer is available for £10.00, Based on 1-3 people in a car. Gatwick Express trains take 30 minutes to London Victoria station from London Gatwick Airport, while Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport is 5 minutes' walk from Manor Royal Business Park. Experience British summertime at the exotic Royal Pavilion and beach-side oyster bars of sunny Brighton, 30 minutes' drive away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, where your stay is worth celebrating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Crowne Plaza Crawley
- Crawley Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex