Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
US$175
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$217
US$196
  • Room Service
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$132
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
2,198 results
All reviewsclub roomcube restaurantgatwick airportsteam roomaph parkingpurple parkingcar parkan upgradestandard roomnext morningstayed here for one nightbooked this hotelholiday extrasan early flightparking packagepre flight stayan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Used the Hotel recently for a fly and park deal (where you stay in the hotel but then use the gatwick on-airport long stay).

Hotel was great, parking at the hotel also included in my deal. Effectively between 2 of us we paid £20-£25 for a night in a hotel and zero stress ahead of a holiday. Not sure how I can't rate this 5 stars.

Rooms not massive, but well kept and not dull - a nice twist, and the bar area also nice. Drinks may be slightly expensive, but this is a hotel near one of the world's busiest airports! Overall, couldn't fault it.

Pool area looked nice as well, although didn't use.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
guestrelations4, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, we were delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay.

It is always encouraging to both Staff and Management to receive such positive comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Robert A Grosze Nipper

Reviewed 19 December 2012

I stay in Gatwick often with work and out of all the hotels within the area Crown Plaza is my favourite. Location wise it works out perfect for me, but even location aside, the cost is very reasonable (Business Rate that is), the rooms are nice and homely; as much as is possible when staying away from home in a hotel. Food and room service has always been top notch, and the buffet breakfast is one of the best i have experienced.

The hotel has an excellent pool and has a reasonable gym, not great but certainly in comparison to other hotel gyms is more than good enough.

Staff have always been helpful and polite, although i have never really had to have any dealings with as have never had complaints.

Only negative is the TV is a bit hit and miss, few channels and often fuzzy and not working, for some people this might be a big draw back, but thats down to taste.

My favourite hotel in the area and my first choice when available.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
guestrelations4, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and for your positive comments, which are always welcomed by both Management and Staff.

I was very pleased to read that the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport is your favourite location.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Robert A Grosze Nipper

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed at hotel for one night on 16th December
Booked it on line as called gatwick crowne plaza when in fact was 6 miles away
When we checked in reception could not find our booking when they did it was in the name of someone else
Rooms are badly designed ,on one side of the bed the gap between the bed and the wall was just enough for a child to get through
Was going to order room service they wanted £6 for bowl of Tomato soup out of a can
Overlooked booking breakfast but when we enquired was told it was £16.50 per person -decided to skip it and have breakfast in airport for half the price.
Would not recommend this hotel if you want a stay by gatwick airport as there are a lot closer ones than this.

• Stayed: December 2012
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am sorry that the location of the hotel was further away from Gatwick than you had anticipated.
We are about 3.5 miles from Gatwick and there is a regular bus transfer service .

I was disappointed to read that you would not stay with us in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Stayed here one night before our flight as part of a deal which included airport parking. We arrived early and asked if we could leave the car but were checked in immediately. The staff were very helpful, polite and professional. Check out was equally fast, and again, they let us leave the car there for an extra hour.

Room was small but very clean, comfortable and warm. Tea,coffee and biscuits were supplied and there was a fridge. The towels and bed linen were of good quality and the bed and pillows very comfortable. Bathroom amenities were provided.
A short walk to Crawley centre and a Sainsburys a few minutes walk away if you need anything.
An easy drive back to the parking around the airport.

I would happily stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingirl58

Thank you for your comments and feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and level of customer service was met your expectations.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel due to it's close proximity to Gatwick airport and the fact it was on the airport bus shuttle route; paid for but the £3.20 single fare represents good value if you are a single traveller. Not as great if a family.

On arrival it was clear that this 1960s style block had been given a cosmetic makeover with a modern entrance. Car parking (chargeable) was plentiful.

On entering the hotel I was pleased by it's modern appearance in the public areas.

I had taken advantage of a Club room, which must be remembered when considering this review.

The Club room provided free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel together with access to the Club lounge serving free nibbles and drinks during the evening; plus a complimentary buffet breakfast.

This was great as the general bar area was lifeless, although the adjacent swimming pool looked quite inviting behind its glazed panel.

I ate in the restaurant, again a large lifeless area however the food was excellent, albeit relatively expensive.

My room in the separate Club section was amazingly comfortable and well laid out. Spacious with wall mounted LCD TV, lots of workspace, Bose CD player, quality tea and coffee making facilities, safe, bathrobes, iron, mood lighting and a modern bathroom with fabulous walk-in shower and separate bath.

The air conditioning was quiet and performed extremely well.

My only gripe was very limited wardrobe space, but for a layover this was fine.

The views from the window overlooking the road and rooftops was not however particularly exciting.

I was glad that I upgraded to the Club floor, however I poked my head into a standard bedroom on leaving, which was equally as modern but less spacious.

In summary, a good experience albeit a bit pricey. I would return if travelling from Gatwick.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback about your stay in one of our Club Rooms .
We are particularly proud of the Club Rooms they do offer that little extra comfort and luxury.

I do hope that we can be of service to you in the future.