“CONSISTENT”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Quick and efficient check in.
Nicely decorated room,very comfortable beds and well appointed bathrom.
Breakfast was ok but nothing special.
Room service was expensive.
A taxi from the airport costs £16 or £3.50 on the bus.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

It was very nice to read that you had a good experience at the Hotel and liked the room, comfort of the bed and the bathroom.

I have taken your valuable comments regarding breakfast and room service up with my Food and Beverage Manager.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

When we arrived at the hotel we though "uh-ohhhhh" as it looked fairly awful.... but as soon as you step foot inside I'm sure you'll find that it is really lovely. The reception is smart and well laid out, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the service is good.

Our room was on the 7th floor, it was small but very nicely decorated. The bathroom was very nice, with a good powerful shower (so important!!!!). The bed was comfy, we had tea and coffee facilities, and a television. My only slight complaint is that the air con is very noisy, we had to switch this off as it kept us awake (and then things got very cold!).

Breakfast was a generous buffet, with tasty fresh food and good service in a lovely setting.

All in all - a great hotel. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear radiodave102FM

It is always encouraging for both Staff and Management to receive such positive comments.

I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that I have taken your valuable comment regarding the air con unit with our maintenance department.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I thought the hotel was ok. - we only stayed one night as part of an inclusive stay and park deal with airparks.
The hotel is clean and staff friendly. our double room was fine
I was not impressed however when buying a meal at the bar, I was automatically charged a 10% service charge, and especially peeved considering it was in the bar and I was paying up front. Needless to say I insisted this was removed!! If I hadn't queried the bill this would have been automatically charged irrespective of any service I received. I just think tactics like this are just a bit naughty especially when you know you are already paying over the odds for your food and drinks!! I aint having none of it!!. be aware..

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JangoFettl
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your room, the cleanliness of the hotel and the staff.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise that you were not told about the service charge on your bill. I have taken this up with the Food & Beverage department and they have assured me that retraining will be given where needed.

I do hope that this does not deter you from booking to stay with us again in the future and we can look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We booked into the Crowne Plaza Hotel for 2 nights and we were pleasantly surprised with the accommodation they offered us. The room was not too large but clean, the bed very very comfortable and I loved the bathroom. The cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be close to the airport and the shopping centre.

Room Tip: We got a room on the 5th floor.
1  Thank VickiHamburg

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We always enjoy staying at this hotel, either the night before or night after our holidays, and I have previously written a review. However this time the Crowne Plaza really came through for us.

I had booked to stay 1 night after our trip to the Carribean, our flight arrived in Gatwick at 5.30am we arrived at the Crowne Plaza at 7.00am very tired and I was quite unwell. Check in is not until 2.00pm, but we hoped reception would take pity on us.

We were told that our room would not be ready for and hour and a half, so we settled down in the lounge to wait, forty five minutes later our room was ready much to my relief.

We had a very comfortable day catching up on sleep and relaxing before enjoying a very good meal in the restaurant, the food and service had improved since our last stay.

I would like to say a big thank you to the staff who went out of their way to let us check in so early.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. It is quiet, very comfortable with good food and great service and the staff are always polite and helpful.

1  Thank Anna5
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

I was delighted to read that you always stay with us before you fly from Gatwick. It is always welcomed by both Staff and Management when we receive such positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

got a great deal via holiday extras including parking at airparks.

Hotel is clean and modern - room was a bit small but had everything.
Bar / restaurant was efficient.
Check in / out was good.

Easy to find, large car park and convenient for the airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pomsontour
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and your experience in the bar/restaurant and at Reception.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to flying from Gatwick the following day.
We had an amazing package which included one night's stay at the hotel & parking at the nearby "Airparks" parking facility. We were more than happy with the service of both the hotel & the "Airparks" experience.

The hotel itself is very clean & modern & we were welcomed at the reception desk & checked in with ease.

Our room was small but adequate for an overnight stay. The room was modern, comfortable & very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable as it had a lovely soft topper on the mattress.......how lovely to have a soft bed in a hotel as opposed to the normal rock hard varieties! The bathroom was modern & clean with a very good shower. The usual toiletries were supplied & we actually used them as they smelt lovely & seemed very good quality.

The hotel had a lovely indoor pool which I made good use of. The pool area was very clean & inviting & it was lovely to have a warm swim in a very pleasant pool.

The hotel is located in a very convenient position close to the town centre of Crawley. If you walk out of the hotel & turn right there are many eateries within walking distance. A Toby restaurant is a very short walk away when turning left out of the hotel.

We would certainly stay at this hotel in the future if ever we were flying from Gatwick again as our stay was very comfortable & the hotel was convenient for all our requirements.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jillyanna

It is always encouraging to both Staff and Management to receive such positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back.