Stayed here before flying to India and when we got back – took advantage of the park & fly deal which was excellent value for money compared to Hotels on the Gatwick Airport site. Our first night before departure was a standard room. Perfectly well equipped, comfortable, warm and clean – no bath just a shower. Bed was super comfy as with the pillows. We had a bit of late lunch & a couple of beers in the bar after checking in – not shocked at the prices as just having arrived from being in London for a couple of days. If you are room only B&B the restaurant in the Hotel does an “early bird dinner “ (5.30-6.30pm) which is excellent value for money. On our return we upgraded to a Club Room. The rooms are very nice and spacious with luxurious curtains & bedding and a nice King Bed and Chaise Lon. The rooms are a long walk from reception, as they are at the far end of the building which is actually an additional building to the side of the main building.
The hotel has a gym, sauna and a swimming pool which is to usual chain hotel standards.
If you have a club room, then you will have access to the club lounge. There are evening drinks / canapés / snacks and breakfast (continental). The lounge is staffed at these times otherwise it is help yourself to Tea / Coffee, soft drinks & snacks (crisps / fruit etc.) all day – well worth the upgrade – just for the coffee and soft drinks.
I found the Staff to be helpful and courteous always happy in assisting with information. Crawley town centre is a 5 to 10 minute stroll away with all the usual high street shopping and eateries (TGI Fridays, Frankey & Bennies, Italian Restaurant, Pizza Hut and a Harvester. The Hotel has excellent links to Gatwick Airport (bus runs every half hour - £3.20 single) with access to the Gatwick Express Train which has you in the City in half an hour non-stop.
Would thoroughly recommend this hotel for those travelling from Gatwick Airport and for those not wanting to be in London City. Will definitely be using it again when travelling from Gatwick Airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A striking, wing-shaped canopy soars above the entrance to the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport hotel. You'll receive a warm welcome from our friendly Front Desk staff, who can direct you to your calming room or Suite. Revitalise and work out in the fully equipped gym, which is complimentary to residential guests. Dark wood and ochre create a stylish setting for business dinners in Cube restaurant, which serves modern English cuisine. Dine with up to 280 guests in one of our 11 vibrant meeting rooms or host board meetings in the chic executive boardroom. Upgrade to access the Club Lounge, where complimentary breakfast & drinks are served as well as canapes in the evening. A pre-bookable airport (taxi) transfer is available for £10.00, Based on 1-3 people in a car. Gatwick Express trains take 30 minutes to London Victoria station from London Gatwick Airport, while Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport is 5 minutes' walk from Manor Royal Business Park. Experience British summertime at the exotic Royal Pavilion and beach-side oyster bars of sunny Brighton, 30 minutes' drive away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, where your stay is worth celebrating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Crowne Plaza Crawley
- Crawley Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex