“Park & Fly Deal”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
glasgow
“Park & Fly Deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed here before flying to India and when we got back – took advantage of the park & fly deal which was excellent value for money compared to Hotels on the Gatwick Airport site. Our first night before departure was a standard room. Perfectly well equipped, comfortable, warm and clean – no bath just a shower. Bed was super comfy as with the pillows. We had a bit of late lunch & a couple of beers in the bar after checking in – not shocked at the prices as just having arrived from being in London for a couple of days. If you are room only B&B the restaurant in the Hotel does an “early bird dinner “ (5.30-6.30pm) which is excellent value for money. On our return we upgraded to a Club Room. The rooms are very nice and spacious with luxurious curtains & bedding and a nice King Bed and Chaise Lon. The rooms are a long walk from reception, as they are at the far end of the building which is actually an additional building to the side of the main building.
The hotel has a gym, sauna and a swimming pool which is to usual chain hotel standards.
If you have a club room, then you will have access to the club lounge. There are evening drinks / canapés / snacks and breakfast (continental). The lounge is staffed at these times otherwise it is help yourself to Tea / Coffee, soft drinks & snacks (crisps / fruit etc.) all day – well worth the upgrade – just for the coffee and soft drinks.
I found the Staff to be helpful and courteous always happy in assisting with information. Crawley town centre is a 5 to 10 minute stroll away with all the usual high street shopping and eateries (TGI Fridays, Frankey & Bennies, Italian Restaurant, Pizza Hut and a Harvester. The Hotel has excellent links to Gatwick Airport (bus runs every half hour - £3.20 single) with access to the Gatwick Express Train which has you in the City in half an hour non-stop.
Would thoroughly recommend this hotel for those travelling from Gatwick Airport and for those not wanting to be in London City. Will definitely be using it again when travelling from Gatwick Airport.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 2-guys-glasgow
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

Robert A Grosze Nipper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Lovely room good facilities all you need for overnight stop. We booked our car in as well short drive to air parks all very easy.Hotel is expensive for drinks and meals fine when you are on expenses we were not so took a short walk into Crawley town and found a nice pub with good food. Our flight was in the afternoon so paid the extra for breakfast at hotel and had a really nice breakfast lovely staff friendly and helpful. Have used this hotel once before good location.

1 Thank Dunwich

Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

Only stayed the one night after landing at Gatwick, but had parked the car there for 15 days prior. There is a bus that runs to the airport calling at some other hotels and the cost was £6 for two and took approximately 25 minutes. The room was what I had expected, but some items were looking a little worn, but the bed was clean and very comfortable.
We purchased breakfast which was self service and cost £12:50 each, there is plenty of choice of good quality food.
I would us this hotel again.

1 Thank Andrew W

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments; it is always encouraging to both Management and Staff. I will take your valuable comments regarding the bus service up with our provider.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

We booked a small conference room for an all day meeting. The room was just what we needed as we needed to show pictures/videos of products and have a meeting. There had been an electrical problem which had caused problems with the heating system. It was a snowy and very cold day, so not good timing. The conference team gave us portable heaters and we were fine. We had a very late lunch in the bar and my Dutch colleague could not finish his very substantial soup and sandwich. he asked if he could take the remaining half sandwich for his plane journey back to Amsterdam. The bar staff cleared our table and said they would wrap it. when we checked out shortly afterwards they could not find it and made him a "goody bag" of sandwich and crisps. My colleague was very impressed with this. the room was also a good deal as i had checked with 2 other comparable hotels before booking. staff in the hotel were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
guestrelations4, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent conference at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments; it is always encouraging to both Management and Staff. I will pass your very kind comments onto our Conference team.

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have stayed here a few times and the experience can be quite variable.
On the latest occasion I was upgraded to a Club Room (thanks to Platinum Status), and the Club Rooms are very nice (although a long walk from reception, as they are at the far end of the building). However the standard rooms look very compact and below normal Crowne Plaza standards.
The hotel has a gym, sauna and a swimming pool, however the gym is very small and was very crowded when I attempted to use it. The swimming pool wasn't actually available due to a fitness class. Judging from the information on the walls it appears that the main users of these facilities are non-hotel guests, to the detriment of actual hotel guests.
If you have a club room, then you will have access to the club lounge, which is quite decent in that there are evening drinks and canapes, and breakfast can also be taken in the lounge (limited selection). The lounge is staffed at these times, it is not help yourself to drinks.
The main breakfast selection in the restaurant is very good.
If you have a club room you are given a free wifi voucher, otherwise you have to pay for internet.
I did not use the Parking, as I understood it was £10 per day.
I also found the customer service to be below the level I would expect at a Crowne Plaza. There was no hot water one morning, and the response I received from reception staff was very poor. However I was satisfied with how my complaint was dealt with by guest relations, and hopefully this will result in an improvement in service from the front desk.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BritBronco
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our Club rooms and Club lounge. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

I was however pleased to note that your complaint was dealt with by our Guest Relations.

I do hope that this does not deter you from booking to stay with us again in the future and we can look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is an airport hotel and as such needs to be seen in that light. Fine for one night before an early morning flight. Obviously used a lot for conferences (which was why I was there) and the service was friendly and very responsive. But, the conference rooms had no natural light, which I found difficult.

Not the closest of hotels to the airport - it was a good 15 minute drive by taxi in moderate traffic and I'm not sure at rush hour how long one would have to give oneself. My room booking was done at the last minute and I ended up in a ground floor room which, whilst spotlessly clean, had an air of being rarely used - a lamp was broken and the other lamp shades were all at odd angles. I understand the rooms on the upper floors whilst not as big were absolutely fine and I would recommend asking for one of them.

Large swimming pool and gym.

Good value if you can get an online discount. I would object if one had to pay the rack-rate, which is as high, if not higher, than many London hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ZetaLondon
guestrelations4, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments regarding the service you received and cleanliness of the hotel during your stay.

I was sorry to hear that you encountered problems with lamp in your room. I do hope that this does not deter you from booking to stay with us again in the future.

Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed here for one night prior to travelling on holiday. We stayed as part of a room only package which included 13 nights car parking through Airparks priced at £61 with cashback.

The hotel is located only a short distance to the town centre and is near a retail park.

The free car park has ample parking.

No noise was heard from the airport nearby.

All the reception staff here are excellent. They were all very helpful and polite. Nothing was too much trouble

The room was very compact, modern, warm, comfortable and clean.

We did not experience the spa, evening dining or breakfast. These were offered by staff at the hotel.

Overall an excellent stay at a very reasonable rate. We will definitely return when travelling from Gatwick as the parking facility is nearby. Staff provided us with a map and directions. Transfer to the North and South terminals were quick and regular.

Thanks

2 Thank TouristsWales
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 20 March 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments; it is always encouraging to both staff and Management.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.