We were welcomed at Reception by Adrian, the Duty Manager. He took a long time patiently explaining all the information we needed to know in order to get to the airport car park in readiness for our early morning flight the next day. He provided local maps and explained about the hotel's amenities which were free to use. All staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was a little on the small side but most importantly for myself (as I have a bad back), the bed was extremely comfortable. There was a good supply of toiletries and the hospitality tray was well stocked with items for drink making. There was also a "Good Night's sleep kit" on the bed which consisted of two items to aid sleep and was a really nice touch! There was a plentiful supply of wonderfully hot water for evening bath. The room itself was really quiet, my only negative point was the heating system which whistled like a boiling kettle at times , this was stopped once we found the heating system's "off" switch!
The next morning we followed our instructions and were quickly at the airport car park used by the hotel. We leaped on a bus and made our flight easily without all the strain of a long journey before a very early flight. I would recommend you allow timing of at least 35mins for North terminal flights and at least 45minutes for flights from South Terminal, to be on the safe side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A striking, wing-shaped canopy soars above the entrance to the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport hotel. You'll receive a warm welcome from our friendly Front Desk staff, who can direct you to your calming room or Suite. Revitalise and work out in the fully equipped gym, which is complimentary to residential guests. Dark wood and ochre create a stylish setting for business dinners in Cube restaurant, which serves modern English cuisine. Dine with up to 280 guests in one of our 11 vibrant meeting rooms or host board meetings in the chic executive boardroom. Upgrade to access the Club Lounge, where complimentary breakfast & drinks are served as well as canapes in the evening. A pre-bookable airport (taxi) transfer is available for £10.00, Based on 1-3 people in a car. Gatwick Express trains take 30 minutes to London Victoria station from London Gatwick Airport, while Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport is 5 minutes' walk from Manor Royal Business Park. Experience British summertime at the exotic Royal Pavilion and beach-side oyster bars of sunny Brighton, 30 minutes' drive away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, where your stay is worth celebrating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Crowne Plaza Crawley
- Crawley Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex