“Good Overnight Stay”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 24 September 2013

A very warm welcome on arrival. Booked through American Airlines where an included breakfast was an added benefit. Just three very minor observations (not intended as criticism): It must be the first branded hotel that I have stayed in during the last 20 years without a pen or clock in the room. Also only one guest ice machine in entire hotel, which had broken down. I called reception and within minutes, a bucket of ice was delivered to my room. GBPounds10 to park overnight but it suited me, as returning hire car early following morning and a BP Petrol Station enroute to Gatwick Airport, ten minutes away, enabled me to fill tank.
Absolutely no hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would stay with us again in the future .
I would like to thank you for your possitive feedback .I do apologise if you did not have a pen in your room there should always be a pen available I am sorry if it was missing.If any items are missing or you need extra supplies our staff are always happy to provide items for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,179)

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 9 nights.

The staff were friendly and very helpful on the couple of occasions I needed assistance.

My room was fine, clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom fine, although the shower had been installed for use by people under about 5'6". One annoyance was the lack of power points at the head of the bed, which these days is inexcusable.

Otherwise the breakfasts were very good and the hotel generally was clean and tidy and the staff helpful

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your room and the lovely comments about our staff.
There are no immediate plans remodel the rooms to add extra sockets but I am sure it will be something the company will consider in the future with the extra gadgets we all seem to carry with us.

I do hope that you enjoyed your stay and we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future .

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed overnigh before flying to Cuba, staff very friendly ameneties good and food good value.I booked a stay and fly rate and found the rate if booked early enough is cheaper than parking alone!!
When in Gatwick again will be staying again

Room Tip: Executive rooms give access to other amenities not available to standard rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you for posting your comments onto TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found that the package you booked represented great value for money.

I do hope that you will choose to saty with us in the future when travelling out of Gatwick Airport.

GuestRelations Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We recently stayed here before a very early flight. The hotel lobby is quite new and modern.
We were greeted immediately and checked in quite quickly.

Our room was just a standard room, but had robes, an ironing board, tea and coffee facilities.

The bathroom was clean and the shower was really good.

We also managed to use the gym which was great it was small but had everything we wanted to use.

The only thing I would say is we ordered room service which we were charge £3.50 for a "tray charge" which I think is a bit cheeky as we have stayed in 5 star hotels and never paid a "tray charge" and also the food here wasn't cheap.

Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to post your comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted that you thought that the Hotel offered great value for money and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 1 night before our holiday & had the parking deal included so the car was parked onsite whilst we were away.

We stayed in a club room & it was very, very nice. Large room with huge TV & a king bed. The bathroom had a bath (with TV in the wall!) & a seperate shower which was the best shower I have ever had! It was very clean.

We didnt use any of the facilities but they looked good.

The club room has a lounge with drinks & snacks included but we did not use this so cannot comment, but a nice touch.

The staff were all very friendly & happy to help with things (they arranged a taxi for us to the airport in the morning)

Would recommend this hotel to all, I don't understand some of the comments on here as we found it very nice, nicer than the hotel we eventually stayed in!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a club room they are well worth it!
1  Thank horselover738

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Club Rooms, they do have everything to help make your stay more enjoyable .I am pleased that you found the experience a positive one.

I hope that if you stay in future you will be able to make use of all the facilities on offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel .

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We booked the hotel the night before my partner's 10am flight back to Australia. My sister from the US was with us. We were booked in a club room and she was booked in a standard room.

Check-in was quick and efficient. My sister, however, was put on another floor - which was slightly inconvenient, but cannot really be helped, I guess.

Our room was nicely appointed and was clean. We also had a very good night's sleep. The extra room in a club room was nice, and so were the little extras. There were some drawbacks like there were things for only one person like one hot chocolate, one cookie, one bathrobe, one coffee etc. However, there were two mugs (which were nice, big mugs - but too big for the hot chocolate/coffee). The french press coffee was really a nice touch. All the amenities were of good quality - even if it was limited.

My sister's room was a standard room, and I would have been happy to stay here as well. Once again, well appointed, clean, and she had a great night's sleep. The offerings were standard, and not deprived.

We went for a drink at the bar, and the bar tender was really lovely. The bar area was nice as well. While we didn't use the pool or spa, it looked clean and other guests were using it and seemed content.

Breakfast was good - and the service was friendly and efficient. There was a good selection of cold meats, cheeses, cooked food, etc.

Now, I didn't find the Club Room tired or dated. I did find the service a bit rude. My partner and I went to the Club Room and were the only ones there, but the staff member cracked on with cleaning without even acknowledging us. She seemed a bit put off that we asked her for a Pepsi (she was planted in front of the fridge.) I don't really see this as a perk.

Check-out was also efficient and friendly.

The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from Gatwick. It's quite an easy drive. I would definitely consider staying here again if we had a flight out of Gatwick.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gtawick Airport hotel.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback about your stay and the friendly staff.
I noted that you said that you would have liked more supplies in your room we will always provide more if you need extra .There is an information folder in ever room to assist you.

I am sorry that you found the Club Lounge did not meet your expectations we are in the process of looking at what ichanges need to be made to provide a better service.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

On arrival we were greeted by a trainee who was very professional and a lot politer that some of her colleagues on reception.

The room was quite large and clean, providing us with a great night sleep prior to a long plane journey. All expected amenities were available including TV, toiletries, choice of pillows etc. We decided to eat in the bar and we were served by an extremely friendly waiter from Eastern Europe, He was chatty and couldn't do enough to ensure that we were enjoying our food and had enough to drink.

We used the pre-purchased park, stay and fly which proved to be very reasonably priced and will certainly look to use again if we fly fro Gatwick.

My only concern - yet to be fully rectified is whether we have been charged twice for our stay as I cannot contact my credit card company yet. When checking out I was advised that I had to pay, and bearing in mind there was a requirement to have purchased this stay 3 days in advance I was shocked but needed to be getting away for our flights. The receptionist was very unhelpful and this reflected poorly on our stay which was very good. She insisted I hadn't paid, although the receptionist at check in was confident that all was OK. The reply from the receptionist was that 'she (check in receptionist) was only a trainee and would not have known.

What a shame that this spoiled my stay and confidence in the IHG Group and will be taking it forward with the hotel directly

1  Thank ywurry

Thank you for posting your comments onto TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gtawick Airport hotel.

Please accept my apology that there was some issues about the payment for your stay .I do hope that this has been sorted out for you. I am sorry if the confussion spoilt what would have been a perfect stay.

I was delighted that apart from the problems with the invoice you enjoyed your stay with us and had a comfortable nights sleep. The Park and stay packages do represent great value I do hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future when travelling out of Gatwick Airport.