“Just what we needed”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Just what we needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We spent one night there prior to a flight the next day on a Hotel-parking deal.

If I had realised that it had a pool and gym, I would have tried harder to leave work earlier to get there earlier.

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I cannot say much more as we did not use any of the facilities or even ate there but it seemed all fine.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us .It was a shame that you did not arrive early enough to take advantage of the Leisure facilities as the pool and Gym are a great way to relax when staying with us.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Guest Relations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
gloucestershire uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed here for one night on the 27 Sept prior to our flight the next day. On checking in using the priority club desk there was no welcome in fact i was made feel more of an inconvenience and when i pointed out that i had a car in the car park i was told rather sternly "I WILL COME TO THAT IN A MINUTE". There was no offer of any help with our bags to our room 257 which was a real trek from reception. The large club room was great though with a fantastic bathroom and a supremely comfortable bed, large screen tv , plenty of tea and coffee supplies. However this hotel does not have an Executive club floor it seems they have a few club rooms on each floor at the farthest end of each corridor with the club lounge on the ground floor near reception, The whole point of upgrading to club level apart from having a nicer room is the convenience of having the club lounge on the same floor as you so if you fancy a coffee or cold drink it is just a few paces away. Believe me there is nothing convenient or special about schlepping your way though the endless corridors just to get to the lifts to get down to the lounge it sort of puts you off bothering (which might be the idea behind it) it just does not feel special. We did call into the club lounge on the way to dinner and had a couple of pre dinner drinks however the so called canapés on offer were just abysmal, dry tired boring well i am not sure what they were but just awful. Had an excellent dinner in the Cube restaurant and for an airport hotel the prices were surprisingly reasonable. Then returned to the club lounge at 9.00pm for a night cap before having an early night to find the alcohol cabinet firmly locked and the tables all ready made up for breakfast (At 9.00pm at night ????) So to sum up excellent club rooms, Great restaurant, Very poor club lounge experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank steve1503
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments on TripAdvisor .

I would like to apologise to you from your comments your overall experience was not as good as other Crowne Plaza Hotels that you had used in the past.

We do have Concierge so you should have been offered help with your luggage I am sorry if he was not available when you checked in or that you were not asked if you would like help.

I am pleased that you liked the Club room our Club Lounge is under revieiw at the moment following feedback from our guests we are looking at ways to improve the service and the items we serve in the lounge.

I do hope that despite your experience in September you will return to the hotel in the future we look forward to welcoming you back.

Arundel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed just the one night prior to flying out of Gatwick, £63.00 including 7 nights parking. This is a top hotel with great leasure facilities at a budget price. I spoke with the reception and had I walked off the street I would have paid £140.00!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your feedback and comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I was delighted to read that you feel the hotel represents great value for money and includes Leisure facilities and Pool. I hope that if you stay in the future you will be able to take advantage of the leisure facilties.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Gatwick for a few nights recently. It's a nice place, but feels like an expensive Travelodge or something. The rooms were clean and tidy, but the corridor noise was loud, especially when other doors were being closed or slammed. The hotel breakfast was nice, with a good selection of hot and cold options. I had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was also quite nice, and well priced. Overall, there's not much to say other than it's a good, clean hotel and perfect for a business traveler.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

i would like to thank you for your positive feedback and comments about the hotel. I am delighted that you find the hotel offers a good service to our business clients and all the elements for a good comfortable stay are available .

I am pleased that you enjoyed your buffet style breakfast and the meal you had in the Cube restaurant. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Gatwick overnight on no less than three occasions before jetting off on holiday early the following morning. The double sized bedrooms are fairly small but well-furnished and very comfortable. The twin bedded room we stayed in earlier in 2012 was much bigger and in the newer part of the hotel. This 4 star hotel is always busy and there are often cabin crew staying over too. We have always eaten in the bar of the hotel in the evening and every meal has been good. The last time we stayed at the Crowne Plaza was in October 2012 and we will continue to return.

We don't book directly with the hotel as we prefer to obtain a package for accommodation and holiday parking which is much cheaper than booking with the hotel direct. It’s great finding a reliable clean hotel with great rates for just one night which are included in a holiday parking package.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor following your recent stay .

I am pleased that you enjoy staying with us and find the hotel offers good value . I do hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future we look forward to welcoming you back.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed 1 night prior to long haul flight lovely hotel stayed in the club room which was excellent value for money, have stayed in the Crown plaza on many occasions at various different airports and have never been dissapointed.
room was good size clean and spacious, access to .V.I.P lounge for drinks which was included in the price this hotel is walkable to bars if you do not wish to eat in the hotel
Would highly recommed for a good night sleep.

Thank-you

Room Tip: Club rooms excellent value
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments about the Crowne Plaza following your recent stay when flying out of Gatwick.

I am delighted that you enjoyed staying in one of our Club rooms and found that the stay represented great value. I am pleased that you made use of the Club Lounge as part of your package and would recommend the hotel to others.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Christ Church Parish, Barbados
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

A very warm welcome on arrival. Booked through American Airlines where an included breakfast was an added benefit. Just three very minor observations (not intended as criticism): It must be the first branded hotel that I have stayed in during the last 20 years without a pen or clock in the room. Also only one guest ice machine in entire hotel, which had broken down. I called reception and within minutes, a bucket of ice was delivered to my room. GBPounds10 to park overnight but it suited me, as returning hire car early following morning and a BP Petrol Station enroute to Gatwick Airport, ten minutes away, enabled me to fill tank.
Absolutely no hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would stay with us again in the future .
I would like to thank you for your possitive feedback .I do apologise if you did not have a pen in your room there should always be a pen available I am sorry if it was missing.If any items are missing or you need extra supplies our staff are always happy to provide items for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.