“Great night sleep” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great night sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here before we went to gatwick . Great beds great breakfast great staff .will stay again even for a weekend with my wife she even enjoined it wich was a bonus .the showers and bathroom was spotless as was the room .the in house restaurant was a little expensive but great food

Room Tip: Upgrade you won't be disapointed
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed staying with us and enjoyed a comfortable night sleep.
Thank you for your comments about our staff and the service they delivered to you.
Your comments are always welcome and help us to continue to deliver good service to our guest's

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Guest Realtions Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed for one night prior to early flight from Gatwick. Room quite small but adequate. Standard quite basic and needs some updating. Staff pleasant enough. Hotel reception area and bar very busy but quiet enough to get some sleep. Didn't use the food facilities.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HEATHER W
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay
at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and comments about your stay. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Colchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

The Crowne Plaza Gatwick is an older hotel. I've stayed there a number of times when it was operated by different brands. The rooms are much nicer now. They've had a recent refurb which left them looking tasteful, bright and cheery. Check-in was simple. The pool looked nice but on this occasion I didn't use it. Nice to have the option though. We paid just £62 for parking and hotel on a room only basis and we used the Toby Carvery just down the road. This was very nice.
We didn't eat at the hotel but some of the food looked pretty good. As you'd expect at an airport hotel the prices were utterly extortionate. Why do this? It's just absurd. One pint of 1664 and one coffee. £7.65 SEVEN POUNDS AND SIXTY FIVE PENCE!!!!! And I had to carry it over to the table myself despite there being three bar staff (two were table waiters). My partner had sat at a table for five minutes whilst I nipped to the loo and had been ignored. I then stood at the bar like a lemon as they all chatted to each other and ignored me. What a shocking excuse for service which added to the insult of the ludicrously unjustifiable prices. I once paid £4.99 for a test tube sized glass of London Pride but that was in the American Bar at The Savoy, NOT at Gatwick airport. Absolutely disgraceful.
Our room was tiny. I do mean tiny. It overlooked the flat roof and the noise from the air-conditioning units was substantial. That's a pity given the fact that whatever we did to our room controls, it was very ineffectual. The lights are mostly halogen and they're the super hot ones which countered the effect of the air con. I had to open the window but the retainer was loose so I had to use card to wedge it open so that we could sleep. It was like a sauna. The bathroom was compact but nice. Can't complain. It did it's job. I can never understand why people who build airport hotels never include a room safe. It's obvious that everyone there has valuables. Weird.
On checking out, staff were courteous and helpful but there was a mobile phone call on our bill which neither of us had made. They removed it without argument but we were left with the impression that things could be better here.
Overall, it's as cheap as chips so I had a good result but if I could pay a few pounds more and choose the Hilton or Sofitel at the airport (I have had good deals at both before now) then I would do that instead.
This hotel is not especially convenient or welcoming and the staff (with the exception of front desk) clearly don't give a toss.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I do apologise that during your stay there were several issues, both with the room and the service in the Bar .

I can address the service issues and will be passing on all your comments with regards to the lack of attention given to you by bar staff to the Restaurant Manager. I am sure that these can be improved apon with additional training.

If you were experiencing a problem with your room had you mentioned these issues to the Reception staff we would have tried to find a different room for you .

I can only apologise to you and if you would like to conact me at the hotel to discuss the issues you had during your stay I would be delighted to hear from you.

United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

One night stay before a flight from gatwick. Hotel is ok but as a platinum member of the priority club, surprised I had to ask for an upgrade. Food was ok, drinks extortionate. Can't understand why I had to pay for a taxi to and from the airport when every other airport hotel has a bus. You need to get your act together.
Not rushing back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

Unfortunately we no longer have a shuttle bus from the Airport as the Bus Company no longer operate this service which served several hotels in the area, the cost was £3.20 per person but took 45 mins to get to the Airport because it picked up at several hotels.

We have now got the Taxi Transfer which is £10.00 and although a little more expensive it is quicker and can be booked at a time that suits our guests.

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again, and we will be able to be of service to you in the future.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

A brief overnight stay before a very early flight the next morning. A friendly welcome at reception. Room perfectly adequate although small. Bed comfy enough. No aromatherapy sleep pack offered this time. Did not eat in the hotel but it has a nice restaurant. A good deal with parking so maybe would stay again in future.

Room Tip: Large hotel with long corridors. If you have lots of luggage you may wish to be nearer a lift.
1 Thank takemoretrips
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback onto TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us all be it a short stay because you had an early flight.

If you found the room comfortable but on the small side you may wish to book one of our Club Rooms if you choose to stay in future. These rooms are large and offer a more luxurious experience with added access to the Club Lounge maybe if you have more time you might like to book this type of room.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We arrived at the hotel in the early morning after an overnight flight from the States. We were staying for one night prior to another flight the next day. Normal check in is at 2pm, but the receptionist said that he would speak to housekeeping when they arrived to see if we could get a room earlier. We went for breakfast, and before we had finished, the receptionist told us that a room was ready for us. Perfect to catch up on some sleep.

We thought that there was a shuttle from the airport to the Hotel, and went to the shuttle collection point at the airport. There was a phone number for the hotel, and we were told that they had stopped the shuttle, and there was a taxi transfer. The taxi arrived after about 10 minutes. They charged us £15, but there is a notice in the hotel that says the transfer is £10. We mentioned this to the receptionist, and he arranged for the £5 refund - again excellent customer service. The taxi firm used is an independent firm. It takes around 15 to 20 minutes to the airport.
The breakfast was great, and they cook pancakes, waffles and kippers was well - you have to ask the waiters for this.

We used the pool a couple of times, which was nice to have. The water was really warm - almost too warm. There is a bubble area in the pool, and a shallow kids' area.

We chose the hotel because it has a pool, and it served our needs perfectly. If we were just needing somewhere functional next to the airport, I would chose somewhere closer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and comments onto TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport.

Thank you for mentioning our staff and the customer service they delivered to you when you checked in. I am pleased we were able to offer you a room pre check in time as you were tired after your long journey.

The Taxi company we use offer a special rate for our guest's I am sorry that the driver did charge the incorrect amount ,I am pleased that our reception staff were able to offer a refund from the taxi company to correct this error.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Tenerife, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

To anyone who is reading this I will be putting a review on various sites.
We came back from USA , California a 11 hour flight approx checked in to a hotel we have used before some years ago staff were excellent then. Could it get any better YES IT HAS hotel as had refurbishment to rooms and restaurant and bar areas in our opinion.

Bed in rooms were very comfortable great sleep for our flight next day to our home in the Canary Islands. Room also has great abundance of coffee , tea, iron and ironing board ( very needed when you are as vane as me LOL )
Swimming pool indoor heated fantastic as we like to swim every day, supplied towels and changing rooms with saunas, and steam room by pool.
Staff in our opinion make you feel very welcome through out all departments in hotel.
Garbor ( Gabriel in English)( restaurant manager could not do enough for you and his staff. The food was excellent by the way very comprehensive menu and bar menu
Francis the duty manager we spoke too ( lovely Lady ) I mentioned how refreshing all the reception staff are pleasant and helpful and how much we have enjoyed staying .

Summing up we will not be using any other hotel only the CROWN PLAZA when catching flights from Gatwick Airport.

Big thanks to Francis and her staff at the hotel you are a credit to the CROWN PLAZA GROUP and to the hotel industry in general . Keep the BAR high well done

Room Tip: They have special new rooms now ( suits ) so ask when booking if there any available for extra cost...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us . I remember you and your wife checking out and it is so nice when our guest's take the time to mention our staff I will pass on all your comments to our team members.

I did mention to you that you might like to try one of our Club Rooms when you stay again, as these rooms are very nice and offer that little extra luxury as well as access to our Club Lounge.

We look forward to being able to welcome you and your wife back to the Crowne Plaza hotel when you travel into Gatwick Airport in the future.