Me and my husband stayed for 1 night on the 2nd December before our flight out to the Dominican republic, we arrived at Gatwick about 3pm we were a bit unsure of what to do as regards to getting to the hotel, I was given a phone number for a taxi when I booked the room so I would recomend using it as I went in to the airport and asked at their taxi stand and they said it would cost £16, we paid £10 each way and they were very quick at picking u up. It's only a 5 minute drive from the airport.
Check in was very quick, we were told all the information we needed and given directions to our room, you have to take the lift to the 5th floor then find the lift to the 6th floor, not very clearly marked out but we got there in the end. Before entering the club rooms you have to use your key to get in to the area which we thought was a good idea.
When we entered our club suite we were very impressed, it really is like a small flat, we had a seperate living area with a desk, chair, sofa, big tv, bosewave sound system, tea & coffee making area, safe and fridge. The bedroom was big with plenty of room in the wardrobes, big tv at the foot of the bed, bathrobes, the bed was huge and very comfortable. The bathroom was lovely with complimentary toiletries, it had a bath with a tv, separate shower with a rain forest shower head which was heavenly!
We did eat in the restaurant, the food was nice but we did think it was a little over priced, if u stay in the club rooms you can used the complimentry room downstairs which serves canopies and beverages, we didn't bother with this, you also get a free continental breakfast which consists of cereal, toast, scrambled eggs, Bacon and pastries and such like which I thought was very nice.
All in all we had a very good stay here and we will definitely be using this hotel again, we thought it was very good value for money, its a good hotel with high standards, very clean and the staff are really helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A striking, wing-shaped canopy soars above the entrance to the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport hotel. You'll receive a warm welcome from our friendly Front Desk staff, who can direct you to your calming room or Suite. Revitalise and work out in the fully equipped gym, which is complimentary to residential guests. Dark wood and ochre create a stylish setting for business dinners in Cube restaurant, which serves modern English cuisine. Dine with up to 280 guests in one of our 11 vibrant meeting rooms or host board meetings in the chic executive boardroom. Upgrade to access the Club Lounge, where complimentary breakfast & drinks are served as well as canapes in the evening. A pre-bookable airport (taxi) transfer is available for £10.00, Based on 1-3 people in a car. Gatwick Express trains take 30 minutes to London Victoria station from London Gatwick Airport, while Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport is 5 minutes' walk from Manor Royal Business Park. Experience British summertime at the exotic Royal Pavilion and beach-side oyster bars of sunny Brighton, 30 minutes' drive away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, where your stay is worth celebrating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Crowne Plaza Crawley
- Crawley Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex