“Executive suite...! WOW....!”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed for 1 night on the 2nd December before our flight out to the Dominican republic, we arrived at Gatwick about 3pm we were a bit unsure of what to do as regards to getting to the hotel, I was given a phone number for a taxi when I booked the room so I would recomend using it as I went in to the airport and asked at their taxi stand and they said it would cost £16, we paid £10 each way and they were very quick at picking u up. It's only a 5 minute drive from the airport.

Check in was very quick, we were told all the information we needed and given directions to our room, you have to take the lift to the 5th floor then find the lift to the 6th floor, not very clearly marked out but we got there in the end. Before entering the club rooms you have to use your key to get in to the area which we thought was a good idea.

When we entered our club suite we were very impressed, it really is like a small flat, we had a seperate living area with a desk, chair, sofa, big tv, bosewave sound system, tea & coffee making area, safe and fridge. The bedroom was big with plenty of room in the wardrobes, big tv at the foot of the bed, bathrobes, the bed was huge and very comfortable. The bathroom was lovely with complimentary toiletries, it had a bath with a tv, separate shower with a rain forest shower head which was heavenly!

We did eat in the restaurant, the food was nice but we did think it was a little over priced, if u stay in the club rooms you can used the complimentry room downstairs which serves canopies and beverages, we didn't bother with this, you also get a free continental breakfast which consists of cereal, toast, scrambled eggs, Bacon and pastries and such like which I thought was very nice.

All in all we had a very good stay here and we will definitely be using this hotel again, we thought it was very good value for money, its a good hotel with high standards, very clean and the staff are really helpful and friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola B
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was delighted to read your positive feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the suite and the Club Longe access for Breakfast. The suite is very nice and has everything you need for a comfortable stay . I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future .

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,161)

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for his Christmas party.
Lovely hotel and very nice for a overnight stay. The receptionist staff were very friendly when we checked in. The room was lovely very clean and to the standard. Very comfortable bed and had such a good sleep. No problems at all with the room.

We only had one problem which was with the event staff when we were in one of the suites for the party. They were very unfriendly and were in such a rush to get us to hurry up and eat out food. Me and my partner brought drinks and when we had come back after being on the dance floor. Our drinks had been taken away when we had not finished them. We complained to management and they didn't seem to care. But after we explained we received free drinks.

Other than that a lovely stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwck Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback on your room and the reception staff.
I do apologise if you felt once in your function room the service felt rushed. I will pass on your comments to our Food & Beverage Manager so that your observations can be relayed to the staff.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I hadn´t realised when l booked this through BA that it was a way from the airport nearer Crawley and a taxi from the airport to the hotel was going to cost £16, but after calling into the airport found a cheaper local one. The hotel does not have a courtesy bus anymore. I had a quick check-in and up to my room. Adequate for one, but no where to put your case unless you used the floor or the dressing table which l did. As it was only for one night. The room was quiet and cool. Plenty of mirrors, iron and board, dressing gown and fridge. All very clean, nice bathroom with a shower, but l had a job getting the water temperature to stay even. Bathmat supplied. Nice large bath towel.

Room Tip: High would be best
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback and comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the cleanliness and the Bathroom. I am sorry that you found that the location was not as close to the Airport as you anticipated. We no longer have a shuttle bus service, but we do have a transfer by taxi which offers a taxi at £10.00 based on two sharing. This can be pre booked by calling ACE taxis on 01293888888.

Once at the hotel we can book this transfer for you to the Airport. The rates are reasonable and we are finding that our guests like the fact that it only takes 10 minutes instead of the shuttle bus serving several hotels and taking up to 40 minutes.

I do hope that if you are looking to book a hotel near the town but close to Gatwick you will choose to stay with us again we look forward to being able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I booked myself the best suite before a holiday departing from Gatwick. £132 - pretty good value, I'd say. It really is a suite, almost as big as my flat! A bit of a walk - with two lifts - but very comfortable once you find it. My only comment would be that the décor and the disposition of windows made the suite feel a bit dark and even oppressive even during the day.

I expected to arrive quite late and e-mailed them a simple menu I hoped they'd be able to provide. In the end, I arrived earlier than I expected but they were quite happy to provide what I'd asked in the restaurant - and did it very well. (My tomato salad recipe is quite superb!)

My holiday included transport to the airport so getting to the hotel was no problem at all. The next morning, the hotel arranged a taxi at a standard charge of £10 direct to the airport.

I've stayed here before and seem to remember that on that occasion, there was also a shuttle bus which stopped off at the hotel. Maybe there is still this option? Anyway, the £10 taxi was fine - all very efficient.

I've booked the same room again in March!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was delighted to read your comments and feedbak when you stayed in the Suite. It is a nice size and offers just that feel of having your own appartment with its own lounge area.

I am pleased that our restaurant and Chef were able to deliver all your requirements and you enjoyed your meal.

We no longer have the Shuttle Bus as the bus company withdrew the service from all the hotels it used serve. We now have the Transfer by ACE taxis who we think provide a reliable service, door to door which a lot of our guests find more convenient.

I do hope that we will be able to be of service to you in the future.We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel

Reviewed 18 December 2013

This was a nice hotel. Did however struggle getting the luggage trolley in and out of the lift, the doors opened one way when you got in, then opened on the next side of the lift when it opened. Very hard to get the trolley in and out. So travel light. Also annoyed we had to pay for parking. fine for a nights stay. The room was nice. Breakfast was extremely over priced so save your money and eat at the airport if your leaving.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport.

I am sorry that you found it difficult to find the hotel, I dont know if you rang ahead but we are always happy to provide directions and how to find us.

I do apologise that you had difficulty getting your luggage up to your room we do have concierge if you need help or any member of staff would be happy to assist you if asked.

I do hope that if you stay in future you will let us know if we can help you in any way either before or once you arrive . Our staff are here to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and I do hope we can be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed here 30th November after a work Christmas party. Very enjoyable stay, have to say that the reception staff were very friendly. The room was very well presented, no problems at all.

Our only problem on this stay was not the room itself, but the events staff at the Christmas party. They were very unfriendly and not very talkative. Me and my girlfriend both brought drinks (which were way too overpriced) and we left them about half full on our table when we went up to have a dance on the dancefloor, only for us to come back to find that the staff had taken our half full drinks away! We complained to the waiters who did not apologise or see what they did was wrong, so complained to bar manager who didn't seem to care but offered us two free drinks after we had explained what had happened.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to comment on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry that you experienced some issues when attending on of our Christmas Parties . I do apologise if you felt that the staff could have been more friendly it is avery busy time during service and I am sure that they were trying to serve everyone as quickly and efficiently as possible so that you could enjoy your event.

I do apologise that the staff removed your drinks before you had finished them I am pleased that they were replaced for you. I have passed on you feedback to our Food& Beverage Manager who I am sure will let his team know of your experience.

If you are still unhappy with the service you receicved and would like to talk to a representative from the Conference team then they are always available to take your feedback Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00pm.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Recently booked a overnight stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick airport through the APH parking website, as had an early morning flight to Tenerife.

On arrival, we were very warmly greeted by an extremely friendly and helpful female receptionist and quickly shown to our room - which, it has to be said - was very comfortable indeed. Our separately annexed floor, which contained only about ten rooms, was serviced by its own individual lift, making it light work to reach the reception area. Our room contained a reasonable sized fridge, small bottle of complementary water and the usual tea/coffee making facilities.

Parking for the night was complimentary, due to the fact we had booked through APH and there appeared to be adequate spaces to accommodate the hotel's clientele. Nevertheless, we still had to register our car's registration plate and make/model, at reception - to avoid being clamped.

We requested an early morning wake-up call - which, in the event, overran by ten minutes but this could partly have been due to us changing our minds about the time of our call, after initially requesting a later time?

On checking out, we were again given very helpful and friendly advice on getting to the APH car park at Copthorne.

All in all - a lovely stress-free, overnight stay, with very friendly and informative staff and although we didn't use any of the hotel's leisure facilities (which included a pool) - I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am pleased that you found your Parking package made your stay stressfree and you were able to relax and enjoy the start to your holiday.

I would like to thank you for mentioning our staff and how friendly you found everyone. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel if you are flying out of Gatwick in the future.