“Ideal Package with Parking”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We have used this hotel on a number of occasions and found the staff extremely helpful and friendly.

The rooms are comfortable, good size and considering the location, fairly quiet.

The restaurant was being refurbished when we were there in January, but they had a temporary restaurant which was good value for money.

If you can get a hotel/parking deal, this definately takes the stress out of getting to airport for early flight

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback and comments following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you have used the hotel several times, and have found that we offer great parking packages along with a comfortable nights stay. I do hope that you will continue to choose the hotel for any future holidays you may plan.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Plaza.

Guest Relations Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,179)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Went there for a nice night before we went on are holiday to Punta Cana
After a long day travelling We went down to the restaurant we ordered are meals it seemed nice . Then one hour later are staters haven't even come then they come then our mains turn up 1 hour. I did not like the place I will never go again .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackmur123
Janice P, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you had experienced a deficiency in the service delivered in the restaurant during your stay.

I have passed on your feedback regarding the time it took between your starters and mains to our Food & Beverage Manager. I can assure you that we take your comments seriously and will make every effort to make sure that these are acted upon and improvements made to deliver a better service in future.

I do hope that despite these issues you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

First of all, they told us that the taxi would cost £10 to and from the hotel with "ace cars" . When we arrived at the airport, the taxi cab driver said that its £15. Same price as taking any taxi. So why waste my time calling a cab company and waiting in the cold when any taci would have charged the same amount.
Food is ridiculously overpriced, and the room was so tiny that I was wondering where to store my bags.
Overall, if you need a hotel room for just one night, then get something closer to the airport (this hotel is not as close as you think). For the cost of all the extras, (food, taxi). You eould be better booking the Hilton or any other hotel closer to the airport.
The staff were quite nice, but I wouldn't stay there again. There is no wifi in the lobby we were told. For the cost of the rooms, you would think that you are at least able to get free internet, if not in your room, at least the lobby. But this hotel won't give you ice in the einter.
Disappointed! !! Ohh and the pillows are terrible. My neck hurt the next morning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and that you felt that there were several elemements to you stay that did not meet your expectations.I aopologise if you felt that the transfer price of the Taxi was not explained fully to you.

We do use a very reliable Taxi company and the cost of a normal saloon car from the Airport is £10.00 if you need an estate car then the price as with all taxi companies is slightly higher. The Taxi company who operate out of Gatwick is considerably more expensive,

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is the second time we have been to the Crowne Plaza in Gatwick in the space of 6 months. Both have been part of packages tied up with parking, but with different companies

The hotel is comfortable, efficient and in a good location. We had a good sized bedroom on a highish floor. The bed is big and comfortable. We didn't have breakfast as had a very early start. All is clean and well managed.

The price was superb considering the quality of the hotel. To answer my title, we would only go elsewhere if we needed to have breakfast included, and in that case would go to the Holiday Inn Express, which is fairly similar but nowhere near as luxurious.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed staying with us and find that the hotel offers you a great deal with Parking and accommodation. I would like to thank you for your positive comments and I sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel is excellent in all aspects except once you have checked out. We confirmed with reception on checkout that there were no charges outstanding. I checked my credit card statement a few days later however and found they had put through charges of more than £400. Numerous emails and calls and I am still non the wiser as to what the charges relate to. All of our accommodation and meals had been prepaid. We had a lovely stay over Christmas but the hotel managements inability in resolving the billing issue has spoilt the memories.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am so sorry that you had a problem with your bill I do apologise that you were charged in error and had to spend time trying to resolve this error . I do hope that this issue has now been resolved to your satisfaction and would not prevent you from staying with us in the future ,as it appears from your comments you did enjoy your time with us and it was unfortunate that the billing issue left you felling disappointed.
I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future .

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here as part of an APH parking deal before our flight out of Gatwick. For what we paid we were extremely impressed. We didn't have time to use the pool, etc. but it looked pretty good. We also didn't have breakfast included so we didn't use the restaurant, but it was packed whenever we walked by it. The rooms are small but perfectly formed and we had a good nights sleep. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that the package you booked suited your needs.
I do hope that you will choose to stay with again when flying out of Gatwick.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at start of Jan 14 as we had early morn flight from Gatwick. Was worth the money paid (we got it in a package with on site parking at Gatwick). Good location from airport, and lots of choice for places to eat nearby. Staff helpful enough. Would stay again of travelling from Gatwick.

Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor Following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed staying with us and found that the hotel offered a perfect location, and met your needs when flying out of Gatwick Airport.

I do hope that you will make us your first choice of Hotel when choosing a hotel in the future.
We look forward to being of service to you.