Yet another poor example of a UK hotel. I do travel a lot and see many hotels but it seems that the UK just can't get it right. The quality is just not of this time anymore (they might call it "vintage" or "traditional"). But there's nothing vintage about moult in the bathrooms, dirty carpets everywhere and towels steam washed in vinegar. As this goes for the majority of the UK hotels let me review some items for this one:
Next to a 60's service elevator which needs some serious amount of WD40 as it squeaks throughout the night/early morning.
Small bathroom with moult on tiles and shower head just sprinkling droplets on you.
A/C: Does not do what is says on the tin and makes noises even when it's off!
WIFI signal not found (I got a free voucher as part of the company deal so not sure if you have to pay for the use of WIFI)
Doors that slam shut making sure you wake up as when your neighbour leaves!
Typical British. Bacon, beans and eggs, the usual.
Stay away from the Orange juice. It's just water which has been in the same room with an Orange.
Friendly and helpful
Close to airport so convenient if you are connecting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A striking, wing-shaped canopy soars above the entrance to the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport hotel. You'll receive a warm welcome from our friendly Front Desk staff, who can direct you to your calming room or Suite. Revitalise and work out in the fully equipped gym, which is complimentary to residential guests. Dark wood and ochre create a stylish setting for business dinners in Cube restaurant, which serves modern English cuisine. Dine with up to 280 guests in one of our 11 vibrant meeting rooms or host board meetings in the chic executive boardroom. Upgrade to access the Club Lounge, where complimentary breakfast & drinks are served as well as canapes in the evening. A pre-bookable airport (taxi) transfer is available for £10.00, Based on 1-3 people in a car. Gatwick Express trains take 30 minutes to London Victoria station from London Gatwick Airport, while Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport is 5 minutes' walk from Manor Royal Business Park. Experience British summertime at the exotic Royal Pavilion and beach-side oyster bars of sunny Brighton, 30 minutes' drive away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, where your stay is worth celebrating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Crowne Plaza Crawley
- Crawley Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex