We booked into the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick because it was close to the airport but not at the airport. I was leaving on a business trip early on a Sunday morning and the other half decided to come with me for the night before I flew out.
Located about a 10 minutes drive from the airport this was the perfect spot.
Check in was fast and easy. I was very impressed that after I mentioned that I had an early flight we were but on the top floor which is designated as the quiet floor (and was). I was also offered a breakfast box to take the airport with me. As I have lounge access I skipped the breakfast box.
The room was very modern and nicely decorated. It had clearly had a complete refurb fairly recently. Spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed, good flat screen television and free wifi.
The bathroom was shower only but that works fine for me. At 5am there was tons of hot water and nice toiletries.
The Other Half did stay for breakfast and said that it was very good. He mentioned that they had veggie sausages which is a very nice touch.
We used the gym and pool and were happy with both. The health club includes a pool, steam rooms and sauna as well as a Cybex equipped gym. All very clean and not too crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A striking, wing-shaped canopy soars above the entrance to the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport hotel. You'll receive a warm welcome from our friendly Front Desk staff, who can direct you to your calming room or Suite. Revitalise and work out in the fully equipped gym, which is complimentary to residential guests. Dark wood and ochre create a stylish setting for business dinners in Cube restaurant, which serves modern English cuisine. Dine with up to 280 guests in one of our 11 vibrant meeting rooms or host board meetings in the chic executive boardroom. Upgrade to access the Club Lounge, where complimentary breakfast & drinks are served as well as canapes in the evening. A pre-bookable airport (taxi) transfer is available for £10.00, Based on 1-3 people in a car. Gatwick Express trains take 30 minutes to London Victoria station from London Gatwick Airport, while Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport is 5 minutes' walk from Manor Royal Business Park. Experience British summertime at the exotic Royal Pavilion and beach-side oyster bars of sunny Brighton, 30 minutes' drive away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, where your stay is worth celebrating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Crowne Plaza Crawley
- Crawley Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex