“Does what it says in the tin”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here before our early morning flight. It is a typical pre-airport stay hotel and room was small. We didn't eat at the hotel we just had a drink. It was close to Crawley Town Centre which had some chains to eat at so we went there.

Good points - it was easy to find and good location and local to airport and was a good price for the room and parking and had toiletries to use which saved us unpacking the case for shampoo and shower gel.
Negatives - nothing as such was pretty average and rooms were hot and the air con did not work and a little bit of traffic noise but nothing that would make me not stay again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Toddydec

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel was easy to find and in a good location. I do apologise that the AC was not available in your room but unfortunately we do not have a dual system here at the hotel and we change over to AC in May. We do have fans available so please do not hesitate to contact reception or the Concierge in the future. We are always happy to arrange a solution.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I had a fabulous one night stay here prior to an early flight. The hotel is perfectly situated for gatwick airport and air parks. The welcome and service is excellent.
A particular and heartfelt thank you to Janice, the duty manager on the night and her staff for organising and accommodating my special request for diet. Your professionalism, warmth and nothing is too much trouble attitude made me feel really at ease.
Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear zaynab_bharuchi

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted that you found the hotel is perfectly situated for Gatwick Airport and Airparks. I was also glad to read that you found the service was excellent. Such comments are always welcomed and encouraging for both Staff and Management.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Duty Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The rooms were incredibly small, the room was far far too hot and the air conditioning was set so low that it made no difference at all. As a result we had to have the window open all night and consequently had to 'sleep' with the humming of various utility appliances outside. On top of this we booked a room with breakfast included. Something that was confirmed on the booking. However, this did not appear on their records and as a result were not allowed to sit down for breakfast. This is something I intend to take up with the chain on return. The final criticism of the hotel was the price of food and drink in the bar and restaurant, £8 for a big standard sandwich is not reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Lich24

Dear Lich24

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers on Trip Advisor.

I would like to offer you my sincere apology that during your stay you experienced several issues. I am sorry that you found the room your stayed in did not meet your expectations and that you were disappointed with the service you received in the Restaurant. Please do not hesitate to contact the Duty Manager in the future, we are always happy to arrange a solution.
Fortunately this type of incident happens rarely and I do hope that your experience will not deter you from staying with us in the future. If you would like to talk about your stay please don't hesitate to contact me at this email address: guestrelations@cpgatwick.com.

I look forward hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My friend and I needed a stopover before an early check in. We got this as a parking deal which was great value. Room clean, staff friendly and had a reasonably priced meal in the restaurant which was good. The room was well equipped and clean, would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel L
Janice P, Guest relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Rachel L

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and comments about your stay.

I was glad to read that you found the room was clean, the staff friendly and had a reasonably priced meal in the restaurant and that you were absolutely satisfied with the room too. I was also pleased to read that the Parking Package you choose met all your expectations.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, I hope we can look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Duty Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on 30/03/14. We got this as part of a hotel and parking deal for our two week trip. Perfectly located, clean and tidy, even offers a small health suite including a pool. The rooms are well equipped and nicely furnished, the bathrooms were modern and clean. We shall definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Parking Package you choose met all your expectations. It is a good way to start your holiday with a comfortable nights sleep and close to the Airport . Please do contact the hotel next time you need a Parking package as we have some very good offers where you can join and get a Parking Membership and earn discounts with a Park and Fly package.

I do hope that you will choose to saty with us again when flying out of Gatwick.

Janice Puddephatt
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here for 1 night as we were flying out early the next day, good location for Airparks to leave your car while your away. Hotel was very nicely furnished and comfortable and very clean. We had a Club room which gave us access to the Club Lounge, worth upgrading for. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear DorsetMarilyn

I was delighted to read that you found the Hotel was very nicely furnished and comfortable and very clean. I was also pleased to read that you were satisfied with the Club Lounge and the Club Room too.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 1 night before a morning flight back in january(26th). Upgraded to a club room,
The room was fantastic. All the staff were excellent, from the moment we arrived until check out at 4am. Food was great in the main bar, and the club lounge is worth a visit too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank burger2701
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking time out to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay in January at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel .I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and the hotel exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Janice Puddephatt