“Good stop before flight through Holiday Extras”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Good stop before flight through Holiday Extras”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was a really good arrangement. An overnight stay at the Crowne Plaza with two weeks parking at Airparks in May (£104). On arrival the check in was really swift, efficient and the Receptionist was pleasant and helpful. Our room was easily accessible using the lift and we heard very few people passing our door. The bed must have been comfortable because I slept really well and needed the pre arranged room call to wake and dress for the journey to Airparks. There was a smart looking swimming pool at the hotel but we didn't have time to use it.The morning journey to Airparks took around fifteen minutes following the satnav. We experienced another swift and well organised check-in. Therefore, no complaints - we'd definitely use this service again.

Room Tip: I doubt if the view from any of the rooms is anything special and, as the double glazing seemed to b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear

I would like to thank you for sharing your lovely feedback about the Staff and the Room Upgrade you received with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that you found the service you received from our staff was efficient and that you were satisfied with the room. I was also pleased to read that you were satisfied with the parking package you have booked.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Marcella Tempra
Guest Relations Officer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
England, Essex!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

A perfectly good place to spend a night, the room was clean and comfortable. Also within walking distance of many restaurants and bars, somewhere to have a nice meal to start the holiday. I found the service to be good and check in / out was quick and efficient.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback about your sta at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the efficiency of the Check in and Check out I will pass on your feedback to our reception team.

I am pleased that you enjoyed staying with us and found that the hotel location made it easy for you to walk into town and explore what was on offer.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel when you are travelling out of Gatwick in the future.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed for 1 night prior to flying out from Gatwick. We got a good late deal and did the upgrade to club room.
The Hotel itself is nicely decorated, the check in was excellent. The club room was really very nice although it was quite a trek to get to. The views from most rooms is not very good overlooking all the pool roof, a/c and other workings. The pool was quite small as were the changing rooms. The jacuzzi is no longer in operation and is now covered up. The club lounge was very nice and relaxing. Dinner was not very good. We had it included in the deal and when we went in the staff member asked us for a voucher which we had not been given. She sent us away to reception to get it. There was a long queue and we had to stand for quite a time until I asked someone to sort it out. The manager on duty did so and was very apologetic but it should have been sorted by the restaurant. The food which is pretty expensive was not that good and If I'd had to pay the menu prices I would have been very disappointed. Breakfast buffet was fine. I would stay again and hopefully dinner would be better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and comments following your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for our positive comments about the service from our reception staff and delighted to read that you took advantage of upgrading to one of our Club Rooms and enjoyed the facilities on offer in the Club Lounge .

I am sorry that you had a problem in the restaurant as you were not issued with your voucher for your meal. I am pleased that the Duty Manager was on hand to sort this out for you.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future and welcoming you back to the hotel.

Shrewbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Liked the location, room is average, easy for getting to gatwick or parking. Restaurant seemed nice, I ordered bar food and it was awful - however, I did tell the duty manager who was very understanding and refunded the price of bar food. Staff are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you found the location of the hotel suited your needs and was close to the Airport .Overall you seemed to have had a pleasant stay with us apart from your experience in the Bar with your meal. I would like to apologise that you found the food you ordered did not meet your expectations but pleased that the Duty Manager was able to resolve this for you at the time.

We very much hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

On a week long business stay we needed a meeting facility on short notice. The staff response to provide an available room and amenities was notably quick and smooth. The included lunch was excellent. When we had a small it problem the response was immediate and very professional. For those of us who stayed at the hotel, the rooms were spotless, the gym excellent and the pool relaxing

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your week long businees trip.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and comments about the hotel accommodation and the Meeting and events team. I am delighted that your meeting went well and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel for any future events you have planned in the area.

c
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed the night before our flight and parked our car for 16 nights.We booked through the hotel website. Excellent facilities for disabled guests. Roll in shower and plenty of grab rails. Wish all hotels had this standard pf accessible room. Staff were pleasant. Enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant. Had a comfortable nights sleep. Will stay here next time we fly from Gatwick. Shame there is no shuttle bus. We took a taxi instead.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am delighted that you found the facilities catered for your needs . I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will choose to stay with us in the future when travelling out of Gatwick.

We look foward to being of service to you on your return.

Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was unfortunate enough to stay earlier this week when the fire alarm went off and the hotel was evacuated for well over an hour - not the hotel's fault really. However, the building is ugly and cramped. The car park is too small and finding a space at peak times is a challenge. Inside, it has the charm of a multi-storey car park - ceilings are low, corridors are narrow and dark, and the rooms, if the one I stayed in are typical - are cramped and dark, with views of air conditioning/pool plant on the roof below. Everything seems to be dark beige. The windows don't open, so it's no place to stay if you like fresh air. Bed was comfortable though.
Bar prices are outrageous, but the bar area is pleasant enough.
To end a bad evening, I was trapped in the lift for 15 minutes - despite seven calls on the emergency button, no-one came to attend. It eventually opened after repeated violet kicking.
When I made my complaint the next morning, I was advised by the duty manager that she thought it was trapped at a different floor, hence the no-show. She told me it jammed occasionally - this is a known problem, therefore inexcusable as it confirmed inadequate maintenance.
My advice to prospective visitors is look elsewhere. It's definitely the worst 4 star hotel I've ever stayed in, and an overall poor experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank lee05
Janice P, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Lee05,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.
I was so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay, and found the hotel and the room not to your liking.
I understand that due to the fire alarm, you had to wait over an hour to be able to get back to your room. The fire alarm system is in place for the safety of our guests and staff alike. The fire brigade did a full inspection of the entire hotel which was necessary to ensure your safety.
I was pleased to read that you found the bed comfortable and the bar area pleasant. I would like to confirm the bar tariffs are in line with other hotels in the area.
Please accept our apology for the issue you experienced with the lift during your stay. I understand you had a poor experience being stuck inside the hotel lift for 15 minutes. Unfortunately we had to reset the lift, and this can take this amount of time to be resolved, as two members of staff must securely access a higher floor, and manually reset the lift. I can assure you that, as soon as you pressed the emergency button, we took the matter very seriously. After you were released from the lift, the Duty Manager looked after you to check if you were fine but did not find you. The safety of our guest is primordial to us and call was placed to the Lift Company on Wednesday morning and an engineer sent onsite to check the lifts.
Fortunately this type of incident happens rarely and I do hope that your experience will not deter you from staying with us in the future. I have sent an email to you and please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss the issues you experienced further.
Kind regards,