“Okay for Business Travellers !!”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Okay for Business Travellers !!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the property in January for a couple of nights while on business .

The property is a bit dated and in need for refurbishment. The rooms are a bit small. Also lighting in the room could be better for business travellers as it is very dim. Also, the hotel uses a system whereby either all the rooms are heated during winter months or on cooling system during the summer months . I really like my room to be cool for a decent sleep but was unable to get the temperature right and had to leave the windows open at night , which is not ideal and leads to noise.

Now the good bits - Convenient location for people flying in and out of Gatwick. Also hotel close to a leisure park with a good spread of restaurants.

The bathroom in the room was great and a fantastic size which I like.

Should mention here that the staff are really polite and that does help.

To summarise, an okay experience owing to the reasons mentioned above.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Janice P, Guest Relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Kapil M

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport.

I am sorry that you had an issue with the room being too worm, and I apologise that the AC was not available in your room but unfortunately like you said we do not have a dual system here at the hotel and we change over to AC in June. However we do have fans available so in future please do not hesitate to contact Reception or the Duty Manager if you are not happy with any aspect of your stay and we will always try to offer a solution.

I was please to read that you found the staff was very polite and that you were happy with the size of the bathroom.

It seems that you stay here because your Company organize your bookings for you so I hope we can look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Guest Relations Officer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here last September the night before flying off on Honeymoon. Booking over the phone was easy and I mentioned it was a special occasion on booking. On arrival we parked easily and told reception we had pre booked parking so to ensure we wouldn't be charged again as they operate system where your number plate is read on arrival and a notice is sent if you don't pay for parking.

As it was our honeymoon we were congratulated at the reception desk and upgraded for free. Including use of the lounge for inclusive drinks and breakfast. We were given a huge corner room and there was a card congratulating us. Really nice touches when your on Honeymoon that really made us smile. We ordered room service and chilled out in the room for the rest of the evening. The food was good and relaxing in the bath with a tv in was nice. The room was clean and modern and the bed very comfortable.

Following a quick breakfast the next morning we took the car to Gatwick where it was picked up and parked. So much easier than dragging your luggage on a bus. It was waiting for us in the same spot when we returned. The last thing you want to do after a long flight is wait ages for a crowded bus and have to drag your luggage around.

I was very impressed with this hotel the staff were friendly and we were looked after and made to feel special. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Michelle S

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you found the service you received from our staff was efficient and that you were satisfied with the room upgrade. I was also please to read that you found a conveniente parking package and that you enjoyed the food in the Restaurant.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We booked the hotel in a package with parking which was extremely reasonable. The bar was lovely with a relaxed atmosphere. The food was good but very expensive for what it is, considering two moussakas with garlic bread and two desserts came to £70.00 and that wasn't even in the restaurant!! The beds were comfy even if the room was noisy. We had a slight issue with breakfast, staff taking my plate before I was finished, but this was handled fantastically by the duty manager-all credit to her(WELL DONE). Overall a good stay and the manger is doing the company proud!

Thank you.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Yumtum1971

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am really sorry that you experienced a problem with the service you've received in the Restaurant and with the noise in your room. Please do not hesitate to contact reception in the future. We are always happy to arrange a room move for you if availability allows.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and comments about the Duty Manager that dealt with the issues you have experienced. I have passed on your comments.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, I hope we can look forward welcoming you back in the future.

France
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a regular hotel for me, as my company have a contract with them. This stay was good, staff always very friendly. My only concern for my next visit are the rooms. I requested to move after the first night as my room was extremely close to the service area, and the noise from lorries was too much, even with earplugs. I was then moved to a different room, which was better, but was still noisy outside. I was working nights, so was finding this challenging especially as i needed piece and quiet during the day for sleep and study. If anything the noise you normally get from customers was OK, it was the outside noise which was always the problem. Food in the hotel is good, and breakfast was good too. I just need to be sure my next visit gives me more peace and quiet, as this can make the stay quite hard going.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Purdyp

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and comments about the staff being friendly and about the food served in the Restaurant.

I am really sorry that you experienced a problem with noise in your room. I would like to put a note on your profile that you prefer having a room in a quiet area. Can you please email me your name and the Company you work for so that next time you book with us we will allocate a quiet room for you in advance. Email address: guestrelations@cpgatwick.com

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Doncaster
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business with my partner. the rooms were lovely, the staff were very friendly and helpful and always smiling. the food was to die for! But I must say this is reflected in the price. The breakfast was lovely but I would have thought in a four star hotel you would have it served not help yourself, there was also a long wait in the que for the food to come out. Nether the less I would still recommend this hotel.Would stop here again if in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Janice P, Guest Relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Harriet M

I am delighted that you found the rooms were lovely, the staff were very friendly and helpful and always smiling. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the food in the Restaurant. I am sorry that you had to wait to get a place to sit for breakfast.

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was a really good arrangement. An overnight stay at the Crowne Plaza with two weeks parking at Airparks in May (£104). On arrival the check in was really swift, efficient and the Receptionist was pleasant and helpful. Our room was easily accessible using the lift and we heard very few people passing our door. The bed must have been comfortable because I slept really well and needed the pre arranged room call to wake and dress for the journey to Airparks. There was a smart looking swimming pool at the hotel but we didn't have time to use it.The morning journey to Airparks took around fifteen minutes following the satnav. We experienced another swift and well organised check-in. Therefore, no complaints - we'd definitely use this service again.

Room Tip: I doubt if the view from any of the rooms is anything special and, as the double glazing seemed to b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear

I would like to thank you for sharing your lovely feedback about the Staff and the Room Upgrade you received with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that you found the service you received from our staff was efficient and that you were satisfied with the room. I was also pleased to read that you were satisfied with the parking package you have booked.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

England, Essex!
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

A perfectly good place to spend a night, the room was clean and comfortable. Also within walking distance of many restaurants and bars, somewhere to have a nice meal to start the holiday. I found the service to be good and check in / out was quick and efficient.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback about your sta at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the efficiency of the Check in and Check out I will pass on your feedback to our reception team.

I am pleased that you enjoyed staying with us and found that the hotel location made it easy for you to walk into town and explore what was on offer.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel when you are travelling out of Gatwick in the future.

Janice Puddephatt