“Decent hotel”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business ... Club rooms were nice - although miles away from the lifts. The hotel was a bit of a maze. Gym was nice, and I was a little jealous I couldn't go in the pool because I was working. The meeting room was nice, and the staff really looked after us, going above what I would have expected. We changed our breakfast and lunch plans last minute, and it wasn't an issue at all, the food was decent, especially the cakes :-) would go back again for meetings, and also I'd give it a go per-flight too :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Gee_Monkey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you found the Club rooms and the meeting room very nice and were satisfied with the level of service provided by the staff during your stay. Your comment is very important to us and very encouraging for both staff and management.

I hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy the Health Club facilities on a next visit and we very much look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Sindarmy Vingadassalom,
Duty Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Surrey
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Booked this hotel with Airparks parking which worked out cheaper than booking parking on its own!
Had one night prior to our morning flight.
Comfortable room and very quiet. We had parking for the night included. No breakfast but it was ok as we had to leave early anyway.
They had a gym and swimming pool which looked good but we didn't have time to use.
Altogether a nice hotel about 10/15 minutes from Gatwick.

Dear karenbeanpole,

Thank for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was delighted to read that the package you booked prior your flight to Gatwick was very good value and that you found the room was quiet and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel and hope that you will have the opportunity to enjoyed the restaurant and the health club facilities next time.

Sindarmy Vingadassalom,
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The reception was pleasant, and helpful.stayed overnight here as we couldn't get a room at the Aurora. What a tired hotel. The rooms are pretty scruffy and they are highly overpriced. The bathroom had no vent that worked, and was very small, so all the steam came into the room when showering. Beds were comfortable. The restaurant had very slow service, which was a bit much with a six year old . After two hours the six year old was still waiting for her ice cream dessert, meanwhile, I left to go and lie down since we had a very early morning start. There is no shuttle to the airport, and you can get a taxi for 10-15 pounds, it takes about 15mins to the airport Would I stay here again......no

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank Bryan and Jacqu... D
Dear Bryan and Jacqu...D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided by the Reception staff during your stay, and found the bed comfortable.

However I was disappointed to read your comment about the rooms, and sorry to hear that you experienced some issue with the ventilation in the bathroom, and found the service in the restaurant very slow. I have passed your feedback to the Restaurant Manager.
In the future, if you are not happy with any aspect of your stay, please do not hesitate to contact the Duty Manager, as we are always happy to offer a solution. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if your would like to discuss the matter further.
I hope that you will change you mind and that we will be able to welcoming you back in the future.

Sindarmy Vingadassalom
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I hate to write a review like this but I expect a lot more. It was busy after airline strikes so I went to bed, waking up next morning, I go to use the toilet to find it had already been used! And not clean!. Tried to turn on the water etc for a shower, flush toilet, wash teeth etc. NO WATER. This is unacceptable. I mentioned this at the front desk when I left but was in a hurry to get a cab. Staff were pleasant, but otherwise unclean, unserviced room, no water, not acceptable. Never again.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank BEWAREBEWARE
Janice P, Guest Relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Lumpur

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers on Trip Advisor.

I am really sorry that you experienced a problem with the service you received when you stayed. As I mentioned on the email I have sent you the system didn't show that the room was out of service. It was a genuine mistake, even so we have agreed to refund you stay. We welcome all feedback from our guests and if you are still likely to be staying in the future I would like to see if we can change the negatives into positives.

We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Marcella Tempra
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

A very pleasant looking hotel at the outset. As an IHG Gold a Elite member I was taken aback that an upgrade was not automatically offered. They claimed to be fully booked,but were still taking walk-in customers straight after we checked in! What takes the biscuit however is having to sign/pay for coffees and a snack in their bar BEFORE we received our order. Wow!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plazza london Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am sorry that we were unable to offer a complimentary upgrade to you during this stay . We do our best to offer upgrades when availability allows. We are a very busy Airport Hotel and our Club Rooms are very popular limiting the amount of free upgrades we can offer our IHG members. I am sorry if you felt disappointed.

It is normal procedure in most hotels to ask a guest to sign a docket if they are going to charge anything to their room. This is to protect the guest from anyone trying to charge services to a room that is not theirs. If we have a signature then you as the guest have a record of the order.

I am sorry if you were upset at being asked to sign before your order arrived. I will pass on your comments to the Bar Manager .

I hope that despite your comments you will not be detered from staying with us again .We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Janice Puddephatt
Guest Relations Manager
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Two of us stayed here before flying out fem Gatwick. I paid £47 for a double room including breakfast. We were upgraded to a superior room, which included free soft drinks 24/7 and free alcoholic drinks and access to a lounge area for a couple of hours in the evening.

The room was large, clean and very modern. I can honestly say it was ideal for what we wanted, and great value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Ben K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments and feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to a Club Room and the Club Lounge facilities, and found your package good value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sindarmy Vingadassalom
glasgow
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have and will continue to use this hotel as a base for flying from Gatwick / getting into London (Gatwick Express). Personally I have always found this hotel ticks all the boxes in our requirements. Excellent location, facilities, Staff and rooms.
The Hotel has a deal with the local Taxi firm (ACE Taxis) £10.00 to the Airport. If you phone when you return they will collect you outside the Premier Inn which is located in the Airport. Again £10.00 back to the Hotel.
Found the Health Club Staff particularly helpful this time in suggesting a route for a 5 mile run, Karima from the Club Lounge in checking on our evening Restaurant Reservation & excellent Bar Service and Janice in Guest Relations. Praise due!
Our room was on the 4th floor and a Club Room which I could not fault in anyway. Especially liked the flat screen wall TV in the Bathroom & and the; this works: sleep – 2 mini solutions for a better nights sleep “freebie” – can’t help but pop this in my luggage! Hotel was very busy but the Staff coped well.
I have never found any problems with the Staff - smile and you get a smile back.
The Hotel is located within easy walking distance of Crawley which has ample Restaurants, Cinema, Shopping Mall and two large Supermarkets.
We use Crowne Plaza Stay and Park deal which we find excellent value for money. Cannot stand being confined within an Airport – prefer to have options.
Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Try a club room upgraded - well worth it!