“Perfect stay”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Carlisle, Cumbria
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights, but honestly wish it could have been longer. We travel around Europe with our business, and are frequent IHG users. This hotel is one of the nicest we have stayed in in a long while. We had a beautiful club room - spacious, clean, well decorated. The bed was literally the comfiest we've ever slept in! We failed in hatching a plan to take the bed home with us... ;) Had we figured out a way I'd be fast asleep now rather than writing this review at 2.20am!

On a serious note we honestly couldn't fault it. Perfect stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Janice P, Guest Relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Cathandpete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers on Trip Advisor.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and comments about your stay. I was pleased to read that you found this hotel was one of the nicest you have stayed in in a long while and that you enjoyed the Club Room.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Marcella Tempra
Guest Relations Officer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed overnight before going on holiday but have stayed here several times before. Food in the bar & restaurant is lovely and the staff can't do enough for you. Nice pool but we were very disappointed that the steam room was non operational as we were looking forward to using it. Comfortable room & nice and quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Duty Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Libwithattitude,

Thank you for sharing you comments and feedback with other travellers on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you have stayed on many occasions with us and is satisfied with the quality of food and service provided in the Cube restaurant and the Bar lounge. I am glad that you liked the quietness and the comfort of your room.

Thank you for your lovely feedback about the staff. Such comment is always welcomed and very encouraging for both staff and Management.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Kind regards,

Sindarmy Vingadassalom
Duty Manager
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed for 1 night as a part of a work conference.

The business facilities are good, enjoying their own small reception area and facilities for toliets, tea, coffee etc. Meeting room was a good large size, with plenty of space for our purposes.

Room was a bit small but adequate for a one night stay.

Food in the main restaurant was average. Our evening meal was served in one of the business centre rooms. It too was all right, but food quality could have been better.

The hotel has a decent leisure facility but I didn't have time on this visit to use it.

The unfortunate fire alarm about 6pm evacuated the hotel for over an hour causing a delay to dinner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Belmores,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the business facilities and the meeting room.

However, I was disappointed to read that you found the food quality average and I understand that due to a fire alarm, you had to wait over an hour to get back inside. The fire alarm system is in place for the safety of our guests and staff alike. The fire brigade did a full inspection of the entire hotel which was necessary to ensure your safety.

Fortunately this type of incident happens rarely, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel.

Kind regards,

Sindarmy Vingadassalom
Duty Manager
Copenhagen
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We booked a family room with 2 queen beds and subsequently received a very spacious room. It was clean and comfortable, but could use a decor update. We had chosen this hotel in the area because of their indoor pool facility, and it was large and enjoyable for our family, which we used each day of our stay. We are IHG Rewards members, so the wifi was free of charge. That was a big plus! The location was convenient, and we were able to walk into downtown Crawley, where we found restaurants and a supermarket. Breakfast wasn't too impressive, but was standard for an airport hotel. We didn't want to pay for the airport shuttle and took the public bus that conveniently stopped close to the hotel. Overall, it was a fine stay that served our needs for that trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoy using the leisure facilities, and find the Hotels location convenient for going into town to expolore the surrounding area.

I do hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future .

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend checked in today, and if I'm not mistaken it is 2014 right? The hotel was booked under my name and yet the female receptionist barely acknowledged me and continued to talk only to my boyfriend. How utterly rude! Especially as it is under my name. Continuing this she then asked for my partners credit card for the room (although the room was pre paid for) she was vague on what she actually needed it for. Didn't even explain until she tried to take £50 from the card before my boyfriend had to probe her for answers. She has no concept of customer service and to make matters worse she was actually dealing on the side of premium customers. I would be disgusted if I had her serve me and I had paid a lot. Given all that. The room is perfect for the one night, very modern, comfortable bedroom and clean bathroom, very clean and well maintained. Great for those using it to go to Gatwick. Perhaps the cleaners should be on reception as they obviously know how to do their job right!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for posting your comment and feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport.

I would like to offer my sincere apology if you felt that the service from the receptionist on check in was not professional and friendly towards you both. I can assure you that we will look into this and discuss the deficiencies you mentioned with the individual person.

We will implement more training so as to avoid this happening in the future. Your feedback and comments help us to make the improvements needed.

As you have not left us you contact details we are unable to contact you directly but if you feel that you would like to contact us with regards to your stay we would be happy to listen to you concerns.

I do hope that you will accept my apology . I can assure you that this was very unusual as we try our best to deliver a high level of customer service throughout the hotel .

We are constantly looking for ways to deliver better customer service to our guests. I do hope that your experience will not prevent you from staying with us in the future. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Brecon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were last here in September of 2103 and were disappointed with several things then, mainly the spa. This time we had a perfect short stay. We were en route to Malta and staying just one evening. The pool was far warmer than last time and everything much cleaner. After the last visit we had considered trying a different hotel, but thought we would give this place one last chance. We ate at the hotel in the evening, in the bar and whilst the food was not cordon bleu, it was certainly very edible and filling and given the location, reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ask to be put on the "quiet side"
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you decided to stay at the hotel despite previously having some reservations. I was pleased that your experience during this stay was much improved and has restored your opinion of the hotel. Your feedback and comments are important to us and enable us to continue to improve the service we deliver to our guests.

I do hope that you will continue to choose to stay with us in the future we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Average airport 4* hotel. Rooms a bit tired but serviceable. Good pool. Not very attractive bar which was typically overpriced. Helpful staff. Plenty of parking.
We got a very good deal on this hotel combined with 9 nights parking at APH Snowhill. So overall good value for one night stay. APH Snowhill is about 10 min drive away plus the bus ride into the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to read taht you found the hotel convenient and good Value when booking a Parking Package.

I am sorry that you found other aspects of your stay a little disappointing. We do have many different types of room here at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport ,perhaps ask about the possibility of an upgrade on your next stay. We have some very attractive deals when booking a Club Room which are very comfortable with King size beds and walk in shower and seperate bath ,Large flat screen TV and access to the Club Lounge exclusive to our Club Room guests.

These rooms are very nice and get any holiday off to a good start. I do hope that you will choose to stay at the hotel again. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.