We were traveling from the airport to Santorini for our honeymoon very early morning. We decided to stay at the Crowne Plaza after reviewing each hotel clearly. We wanted a hotel where we could leave our car at and get to the airport easily and quickly. When we checked in we were told the shuttle service had infact finished and now have to pre order a taxi. This cost us £10 going out and return £15. This is something we would have considered more whilst booking. As my husband collects the award points we were upgraded to a a higher spec suite. It was lovely. A nice big room to a high quality, however very far from reception. The hotel was quite large. On 2 of the occasions we got lost as you need to use different lifts to get to certain areas of the hotel. We found the signage very bad and extremely confusing. The morning of our flight it took us 10 minutes to get back down to reception after leaving our room causing us to be late. When we informed the receptionist we felt the signage was insufficient she just Said "oh". My husband did comment that the service at reception each occasion he used it was very slow. With the cost of the taxi services we had to use we would have paid the extra money to be closer to the airport. Not really all it seems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A striking, wing-shaped canopy soars above the entrance to the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport hotel. You'll receive a warm welcome from our friendly Front Desk staff, who can direct you to your calming room or Suite. Revitalise and work out in the fully equipped gym, which is complimentary to residential guests. Dark wood and ochre create a stylish setting for business dinners in Cube restaurant, which serves modern English cuisine. Dine with up to 280 guests in one of our 11 vibrant meeting rooms or host board meetings in the chic executive boardroom. Upgrade to access the Club Lounge, where complimentary breakfast & drinks are served as well as canapes in the evening. A pre-bookable airport (taxi) transfer is available for £10.00, Based on 1-3 people in a car. Gatwick Express trains take 30 minutes to London Victoria station from London Gatwick Airport, while Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport is 5 minutes' walk from Manor Royal Business Park. Experience British summertime at the exotic Royal Pavilion and beach-side oyster bars of sunny Brighton, 30 minutes' drive away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, where your stay is worth celebrating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Crowne Plaza Crawley
- Crawley Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex