This is a good hotel located in the town of Crawley, next to Gatwick. It is a few blocks away from Crawley's downtown which is not crowded yet and has several decent restaurants, shopping centers and history. Beautiful English town with all the services available. Banks, movies, a largevpost office, supermarkets, hardware stores etc.
The rooms are extremely clean and the service staff works hard to accomplish their duty successfully. The hotel has a decent swimming pool and a gym. The restaurant is good also and the staff is excellent.
A couple of things could be improved though: safety deposit boxes should be installed in the guest rooms, because this service is only provided at the Front Desk.
I am not sure of the hotel's age, because some areas are very modern; but there are two extremely narrow elevators that should be upgraded with larger ones (it also has a third one of normal size) that makes me suspect this is an old hotel that was completely renovated not too long ago. You cannot tell by looking at it from the outside.
The interior decoration is typical of an English hotel but not to modern standards. Yet I would still stay in the hotel again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A striking, wing-shaped canopy soars above the entrance to the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport hotel. You'll receive a warm welcome from our friendly Front Desk staff, who can direct you to your calming room or Suite. Revitalise and work out in the fully equipped gym, which is complimentary to residential guests. Dark wood and ochre create a stylish setting for business dinners in Cube restaurant, which serves modern English cuisine. Dine with up to 280 guests in one of our 11 vibrant meeting rooms or host board meetings in the chic executive boardroom. Upgrade to access the Club Lounge, where complimentary breakfast & drinks are served as well as canapes in the evening. A pre-bookable airport (taxi) transfer is available for £10.00, Based on 1-3 people in a car. Gatwick Express trains take 30 minutes to London Victoria station from London Gatwick Airport, while Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport is 5 minutes' walk from Manor Royal Business Park. Experience British summertime at the exotic Royal Pavilion and beach-side oyster bars of sunny Brighton, 30 minutes' drive away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, where your stay is worth celebrating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Crowne Plaza Crawley
- Crawley Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex