Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
  • Pool
Grange Hotel(Crawley)
  • Breakfast included
2,198 results
All reviewsclub roomcube restaurantgatwick airportsteam roomaph parkingpurple parkingcar parkan upgradestandard roomnext morningstayed here for one nightbooked this hotelholiday extrasan early flightparking packagepre flight stayan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

It was only £50 to stay a Friday night, cheaper than the nearby Holiday Inn so I gave it a try. Of course I'd failed to take into account having to park, so another £10 for parking. I've paid more for worse so I was not that put out. I had room 130, which I think was an executive room. Slight a strange shape bed, more square than normal, but ok. The bathroom ran along the side of the room, which was unusual, with the toilet behind the door - a bit odd but ok. It had a shower over the bath, which was very good. The basin was large with towels on a rail below, which sounds a good idea, but it was a bit too low as they almost touched the floor. Luckily there was another rail on the wall behind, which was more useful. There was some noise from Gatwick airport, but nothing major. The only down side was the older Philips TV, which had a smaller screen than usual. When sitting up in bed the picture was a bit too small. There is a pool on the ground floor, but its not my thing so I'd didn't try it. Other than that, a very nice hotel. Which I would recommend for anyone in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback and comments following your recent sta at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found a very good deal when booking with us.

I was also pleased to read that you would recommend the hotel to others and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Kind Regards

Janice Puddephatt
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a family room with my wife and two daughters. The reception staff were polite and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable and was big enough for the four of us. We had an early flight so we chose this hotel. I am very pleased we did and will definitely stay here again .The location is ideal as it is a 15 mins walk to Crawley town centre and 10 mins from the retail park. We did not use the bar or restaurant as there are so many to chose from nearby.

Stayed: August 2014
Janice P, Duty Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Glen121,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found the Reception staff pleasant and helpful and that you like the size, cleanness and comfort of the family room. I am glad that the hotel location was very convenient and you were able to enjoyed the facilities available in the area.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Sindarmy Vingadassalom,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed in the hotel for a night before catching an early flight at gatwick airport, everything went well and the food was delicious, if your catching the train there I would recommend getting the train to Crawley station not Gatwick, as it's only a 10 minute walk rather then 10 minute taxi journey, I can't comment too much as we only there for one evening however everything went as planned and I would recommend for anyone in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Captain_joshyb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel and found the food delicious.

I hope that you we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back and that you have the opportunity to enjoy the hotel facilities.

Sindarmy Vingadassalom

Reviewed 18 August 2014

One of best breakfasts ever from a CP - excellent freshly cooked omelette and the first time I can remember being offered vegetarian sausages in a CP. Room was a good size for a family of four - a slight shame a previous guest's knickers had not been spotted by the cleaning staff.
Free wi-fi worked well.
Parking was also good.
Only real downside was unhelpful, offhand manner of Georgia on Reception. However, having said that, all of the other staff we encountered were very pleasant, especially those at breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear EricOttershaw,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had an overall good experience and that you like the breakfast and the service offered by the staff in the restaurant. I am glad that you found the size of the room adequate and convenient.

I am very sorry about the issues you have mentioned. I have passed on your comments to the relevant departments and I am sure that this will be addressed.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Sindarmy Vingadassalom,

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a club room and it was great! Beautiful pool and expensive but acceptable prices for bar in a hotel. Staff were efficient and courteous. Loved it. Great start to our holiday! Thankyou! Crowns plaza team. By the way, have stayed in lots of holiday inns as a club member and you are definitely the best!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments and feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found that the hotel met all your expectations. I was pleased to read that you found both the staff and the facilities here at the hotel offered you everything you expected from a Crowne Plaza hotel.

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Kind Regards