“Check The Air-Con Setting”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 25 May 2010

The rooms are clean and beds very comfortable, however the doors of a joining rooms are rather noisy. I stayed for a number of nights all of them I had disturbed sleep by guests leaving at 3am or so for flights and banging doors. Apart form this the public areas are great and it serves up an excellent breakfast and dinners. My biggest greavence is with the air conditioning. You get get indervidual room air con units however the whole system for the whole hotel has to either be on Warm air or Cold air. When I was there in Early May it had been about 24 degrees outside for 2 days in a row however they were still on the heating mode so couldnt cool the room down with the air con system. This being said they did provide me with 2 room fans after i questioned why the air con want working.

To conclude a very nice hotel personally i don't think its worth the advertised £200per night however im sure very few pay that price £100 - £150 per night would be my recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
guestrelations4, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2010

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that you had disturbed sleep during your stay; if you choose to stay in the future we have introduced a sleep advantage package, where you can request a quiet room and Housekeeping will not disturb you until 10 in the morning.

Unfortunately our air con system was still on warm air, due to the unusually cold temperatures leading up to your stay. We were delighted to read that you felt we had a very nice hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and remember we have the lowest internet rate guarantee when booking online.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

My partner and I stayed hear for one night in a Suite before flying out of gatwick. Front desk were polite and professional and there were no issues. our suite was on the 6th floor which was hard work to find as there is no direct lift! you have to use a lift to the 5th then walk through a maze then us another lift to go the last floor! the suite its self was lovely and big with large bed room, separate lounge and a well equipped bathroom with Clarins toiletries.
The pool area was "ok" although it did not look as fresh as the rest of the hotel, The Club lounge was a bit of a let down! witch seems to be a issue with all UK Crowne Plazas in my experience, there was a very limited selection of food and drink ( compared to Hilton and sheraton) although the staff were again friendly! Food in the main restaurant was of a good standard and about average in price for a 4 star hotel.
In all for the rate we got it was a good stay but I wouldn't upgrade to Club rooms if you are only doing it for the Lounge benefits!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to put on your review.

I was very sorry to read that you had a problem finding your room, but delighted to read that you found the room itself to be lovely; such feed back is always welcomed.

I have taken your valuable comments regarding the pool area and the Club Lounge facilities up with the relevant Managers concerned.

Reviewed 17 May 2010

Came for a seminar recently and was pleasantly surprised. At check-in I was upgraded to a club room which looked far nicer than the standard rooms. The staff were good and the whole experience made the seminar more enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank DevonEddy

I was delighted to read your review, thank you for your positive comments which are always welcomed by both Management and Staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2010

I recently stayed in a Club Room which was very nice, comfortable bed, large TV and high quality accessories in the bathroom.
I payed £160 on the day of check in for this room, although the high price may reflect the lateness in my booking I felt it was quite high none the less.
The only gripes I have is regarding the restaurant, some of the staff needed prompting, e.g requesting a spoon for my soup, a steak knife for my steak and a gentle reminder that I had ordered a sweet some time ago. Although saying this they were courteous and polite at all times.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to see your feed back regarding the restaurant and I will most certainly bring this up with the Food and Beverage Manager.
Advanced purchase rates are always the best way to book.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and remember we have a lowest internet rate guarantee when booking online.

Reviewed 13 May 2010

Due to missing our connecting flight, we were forced to book a night in a local hotel. We were not too fussy where, so long as the price was OK. We booked this from the Airport not knowing what to expect.

Having stayed at a fair number of hotels around Gatwick Airport, this turned out to be the best hotel by far.
It was clean and tastefully decorated. The staff were friendly and professional.

Only down side is that it is a bit further away than other hotels, but as there is hotel bus to and from the airport, this isn't much of an issue.

Next time I need a stop-over, and so long as the price is competitive, I'll book here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to put on your review.

We were delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay; such feed back is always welcomed by both Management and Staff.

Reviewed 13 May 2010

nice quality hotel
ideal for gatwick stopover
only down side was the industrial cleaning going on at 6 in the morning
while i was trying to have breakfast

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo

Thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to put on your review. We have taken your valuable comments up regarding the early morning cleaning with the head housekeeper and I would like to assure you that this is being reviewed.

Reviewed 25 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza at Gatwick the night before we flew out for our honeymoon and even though it was only one night, it was fantastic! The staff at reception were friendly and courteous and congratulated us on our recent marriage and we were upgraded due to it being our honeymoon. There was a lovely letter from the hotel management and a box of complimentary chocolates. These are little touches, but they meant a lot to us, so thank you! The room was gorgeous and we got a very good night's sleep.

A lovely hotel, with dedicated staff and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
guestrelations4, Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2010