“unfortunate”

Ranked #1 of 17 Bolton B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“unfortunate”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I booked two of my friends in for b and b on 19. 8. 14. This was to round off a successful day in which we gained training and encouragement in professional radio presentation. Upon arrival all was well until the owners decided to interrogate us and then without any justifiable reason refused to let my friends stay. I then discovered that they told the agent that I cancelled the booking and that my friends were homeless. Outrageous! I warn potential guests that if your face doesn't fit then watch out........

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank keith r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very friendly owners, couldn't do enough for you. Rooms very clean & comfortable. Excellent breakfast set us up for the day. Will definitely use again when staying over in the area. 5 star service Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank JulieDowd1
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Thanks for taking such good care of myself and the other crazy triathletes preparing for the IronMan last weekend! It was so comforting having a friendly place to relax, both before and after the race. The rooms and facilities are wonderfully clean & comfortable and you assisted with our every need. It felt like a home from home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Matthew M
maidenhead
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A last minute dash to Bolton. And not knowing the area - I picked this B &B based on price and great reviews. I was only there a night - but it did not disappoint - living up to it's glowing reviews! The room was clean and comfortable with all that I needed. The couple Julie and Bulent were helpful, welcoming and you just knew that here was a decent, hard-working couple who were customer focused. The breakfast was just what I needed for a 200 mile drive back.

I would recommend this guest house most highly to anybody in the area and seeking a warm welcome, helpful hosts and clean,comfortable accommodation. Book it! You won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tinabf
Rugby
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've been working in Bolton 3 days a week for a month. I spent a few weeks at a terrible hotel near Junction 5 and desperately needed to find something better at a reasonable rate. All i need is a comfortable bed, clean room and good breakfast to kick me off for the days work.. I am doing some consultancy work near the Reebok stadium and prefer to work through the day without a lunch, so breakfast is important.

This place is a GEM. The hosts are wonderful, genuine people. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the breakfast is superb. Breakfast is as fresh as you can imagine and just the right amount. Not overkill, and you can choose what you like as need be (yogurt cereal, toast, cooked or all of them), . In the rooms every little aspect has been thought through carefully with high quality tea/coffee/etc and a bottle of water (this may sound silly but after a busy day you really appreciate little things like this). The bed is very comfortable. Much better than most hotels.

If you are working anywhere near the stadium you can also WALK there in 10 minutes. So park near the B&B and walk every day.

I cannot recommend this B&B enough. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MarnieRugby
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a period of 6 weeks straight through,I've travelled this country for 30 years and this is by far the best,friendliest,cleanest and welcoming place I've stayed in, in many years, bulent and Julie are fantastic and couldn't be more helpful and welcoming, I would very highly recommend the wendover guest house whether your working or having a leisurely break, fantastic rooms, excellent breakfast and perfect hosts, many thanks for my stay. Alan room 5

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Alan W
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Me and my daughter stayed at the Wendover recently when we were in the area for a wedding. I can't recommend it highly enough. Julie and Bulent are excellent hosts - nothing is too much trouble for them. The room was very clean, the bed lovely and comfy and the breakfast fantastic. We really enjoyed our short break and I would definitely choose to stay here if ever I am up in the area again in the future. Thank you very much Julie and Bulent. x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family