“I wouldn't bother staying here if you want some sleep.”
Review of Tramways Hotel

and 1 more site!
Tramways Hotel
Ranked #15 of 17 Bolton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2013

After a mix up with our booking we checked into our room. Very small room but I suppose that's what you get for the price, small double bed, small tv, kettle with tea and coffee provided and a sink. The appearance of the room was ok, however, there were no curtains in the room, just a flimsy blind that let the light from the car headlights into you room each time a vehicle drove past, the noise from the traffic also kept us awake. The walls are paper thin and our noisy neighbour decided to keep their TV on all night which also kept us awake. Overall our stay was awful, pretty much no sleep at all and although we paid £34 we expected to be able to get a few hours sleep in our room. Will never be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank PeteShell8889

Reviewed 16 June 2013

For the price, I was expecting an out of town hovel, a run down building someone had tried to spruce up with a coat of paint. This would have been ok, as I only needed a bed for 1 night while working away.

Instead, I found a lovely old building. Clean, brightly decorated, comfortable.

The bar/check-in area was spacious and bright, with good quality, modern furnishings. The staff were helpful and friendly, they even apologised for not being able to give me a double room even though I'd only booked a single!

I ended up in a twin room. A bit small, I think 2 people might find it a bit cramped. The room was clean, comfortable and easy to relax with a flat screen TV on the wall with good Freeview reception. There was no chairs or table, just the 2 beds, a small coffee table and a sink. But for what it was I was very impressed. A proper kettle, not one of those poxy 1 cup things that takes an hour to boil that you find at Travel Lodge, plenty of cups, tea and coffee.

The shared toilets and shower facilities didn't disappoint either, all very clean, modern and cubicles were spacious, plenty of room to get in there with all your stuff and plenty of room to get dry and dressed afterwards.

The surrounding location left a little to be desired, the only sit in restaurant within walking distance was McDonalds, although there was a lot of takeaways and, since they didn't serve their own food they didn't mind me bringing food in to eat in the bar area.

Would definitely stay again, thankyou Tramways!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TravellingDabr0wski
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Needed to stay in Bolton for an interview at the hospital, early the next morning. The Place is disgusting. Bed sheets dirty, noise was a major problem from the main road, didnt sleep at all. I Was under the impression tea/coffee was provided along with towels. Well how wrong was I. No table in the room, kettle sitting on the ground with no cups tea or coffee provided and no towel. I asked downstairs and was told they don't provide this.

The television hand no control providing ITV only.

Shared bathrooms, shower was dirty and roof leaking.

Stay away I have stayed in student halls in better condition

Room Tip: Dont book at this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 921redbull89
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Five Star customer service - really outstanding! Clean, efficient and well managed; you will be looked after here. Thank you all at Tramways. Would recommend to anyone visiting the lovely town of Bolton.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tom M
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I needed to stay in Bolton and was looking for a Budget Hotel. I chose Tramways as it was just what I was looking for, and it wasn't to disappoint. If you're looking for a clean, friendly hotel that's low on cost then this is it!....next time I need to stay in Bolton, I need look no further!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Jeremy F
Reviewed 10 July 2012

had a fantastic stay here/the staff were superb..this hotel is spotless&kept clean to a very high standard/thanx Sonya&Andy..I will certainly be recommending this hotel..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank lee h
Reviewed 30 September 2011

This is not a hotel!! It's a hostel with shared bathrooms!! Should be called Shamways Hostel!!

The noise from the main road is loud, whether you shut the window or not!! The room is so warm with no fans or air conditioning - is it any wonder I can't sleep?!!!

The reason why we stayed here, they told it was a 10 minute walk from town when it wasn't!! More like 45 mins!! My fiancé had a job interview in Bolton town and we'd have been more rested had we stayed at home and drove up first thing!!

The place is more like a hostel and other people staying here have no consideration when talking loud in the corridor outside your room at 2am!!!

You do pay for what you get in this case!!

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Boofbeam
andrew c, Owner at Tramways Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

totaly inaccurate and never recieved a complaint from this person