Bolton Whites Hotel
Travelodge
US$86
PremierInn.com
1,361 results
All reviewspitch view roomfootball pitchpenthouse suitepitch sidebolton wanderersretail parkde vere whitesleisure facilitieslovely hotelfootball matchbusiness tripmatch dayssteam roomgood sizereception staffexcellent staybar area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2012

we stayed Saturday 28 April and i had emailed the hotel to request a room with a pitch view which was confirmed straight away.all the staff we dealt with from the reception to the bar staff were all polite and courteous.our room 333 was clean and tidy with a pitch view as requested but my only gripe would be that in this room the sound of the heating was very noisy and from 6ish Sunday morning the heating/boiler would fire up every 3 minutes or so and last for the same time.we used the pool,steam room,sauna and jacuzzi and although they are not the biggest they help to enhance the hotel over other hotels.we pre-booked the breakfast at £9 or its £10.50 on the day but unfortunately it was not to the standard you would expect for that money,certainly compared to De Veres other hotels the village.all in all its a good hotel that offers good value for money with good facilities with an excellent bar and lounge.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear nigel s,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton. My team and I are delighted with the positive feedback that you have so kindly provided and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I have looked into your comment regarding the noise from the heating with my maintenance manager and we are somewhat at a loss to explain where the noise was coming from as we have checked both the room that you stayed in and the adjacent rooms as well, both in the early hours of the morning and were unfortunately unable to hear and adverse noise that would have disturbed you at 6am in the morning?

As mentioned above I sincerely value and appreciate yor feedback and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with,

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My Wife and I stayed here recently whilst spending some time relaxing in Manchester.

We drove from Preston and the hotel couldn't be easier to find. We planned to park up, take the train from Horwich Parkway (3 minutes walk from the hotel, turn right from the main entrance and cross the road in front, it's just down past the Harvester. £3.75 return for an adult, takes about 15 minutes to Oxford Road, 5 more to Piccadilly) for a spa treatment day at Banatine's.

We popped in quickly to ask if we could park up whilst in Manchester, and cheekily asked if the room was ready. Wonderfully it was, and at 10am (officially check in is 3pm) we were in our room! We went into Manchester and back without any issue.

There are ASDA and Tesco stores on the retail park which we used, and also Pizza Hut, McDonald's, KFC, Nandos, a Chinese, a bar and a couple of Italians. We took pizza back to the room with no comments from staff.

The restaurant has an amazing view of the ground and pitch, steak was £23, other staples were around £13 per main course.

The room was big (we had a suite) with a sitting room, bedroom, and huge bathroom. Everything was clean and well presented. The sofa bed was in poor condition and the tellies were terribly outdated! But the staff and bed and general standards in the hotel were excellent.

We used the health club. A nice pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. All clean and free for guests. Think there was a gym but can't remember for sure.

Finally we were able to get a late check out at no extra cost to really top off a cracking weekend.

Dear BillyMcBeard,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with such fantastic feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at De Vere Veneus Whites, Bolton. My team and I are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future!!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had intended to stay at this hotel next week, but after initially emailing them to ask which room I should book to get a pitch view room (as the website is truely aweful and has no information what so ever) I had a reply back saying there are rooms available and I had to book it directly through them. So I emailed back asking for a price and to book the room but after 2 days I still have had no reply, I guess business is that good that they don't need to fill there rooms.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear adampettifer,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide me with your feedback regarding your upcoming reservation at De Vere Venues Whites. I have now fully investgated the e-mail correspondence that you have sent through to my team and wish to apologise for the confusion surrounding the specific room type that you had requested. As mentioned in our correspondence with you today I am delighted to confirm that we are holding a pitch view room for your booking next week and that my team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in Bolton.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

we booked this hotel for £79 for 2 nights B & B, cheaper than most Travelodge or Premier Inns, we have stayed in a few De Vere venues and resorts and always look for a special offer. The hotel is easy to find and just off the motorway, lots of free parking and an easy check inn, receptionist pleasant and friendly, she informed us of breakfast times, location, leisure facilities and everything we needed to know. We asked for a pitch view room, my husband was delighted with this and it was quite a pleasant view with access to the terrace outside. The room was quite small but adequate, complimentary bottles of water, bath robes were a nice touch. The toiletries are a let down, again that horrible green soap was supplied and the purple shower gel, please change this De Vere! Breakfast was very nice, well cooked hot food, a nice selection of fruit and delicious pastries, good service and a pleasant restaurant in which to eat. Across the road from the hotel is a Harvester pub next to the Premier Inn, this seemed popular and had a good selection of food on the menu. Scott's is a bar serving food similar to Wetherspoons, burger,chips and a drink £5.95, ok if you just want a quick bite, 2 meals for £6 and other reasonable priced meals. The pool was clean and warm, the sauna was out of order but the steam room was nice and the spa pool was lovely, the gym was small but had a good selection of equipment. Within walking distance is a retail park, very good shopping, cinema and bowling, the Abacus Cantonese restaurant is very good, clean and good food. Manchester is about 30 minutes drive, the Trafford Centre is easy to find. The hotel is a good base for shopping and we would us it again, we had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: ask for a pitch view, very quiet rooms
1  Thank KarenCountyDurham
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear KarenCountyDurham,

Many thanks for your kind feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor. I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to provide us with such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at De Vere Venues Whites and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I stay here a few times a year, as its a nice treat and quite close to home. We have always found the rooms to be lovely, clean and spacious. The leisure facilities are adequate... depending on the time of the day you use them, they can get busy as its only small but still very good. And last but not least the food... WOW... its always delicious... especially the lamb shank! We have told everyone about it :-)

Will be returning :-)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel F,

Many thanks for the amazing feedback which you so kindly left on Tripadvisor. This means so much to my team and I, especially from such a valued and returning customer of De Vere Venues Whites. My team and I sincerely look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with,

Best Regards,