“Amazing night at De Vere's”

Bolton Whites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing night at De Vere's”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Me and the wife booked here for an anniversary night on 12 May, and there wasn't a thing I could fault.
There are a lot of special deals once you get on their mailing list, so keep an eye out for those.

Check in was fast & friendly, in fact the reception staff couldn't do enough for us.

We requested a pitch view room by email, and after a small mix up we were given a number in the 300's (can't remember the exact number, but request this and you wont be dissapointed)

I'm a United fan so 'this isn't exactly Old Trafford" were the words coming into my mind. How wrong I was when we were given the room along from the restaurant, and I could almost touch the seats from our window!

The room also had a large double bed, Iron/board, tea/coffee making facilities, and a large bathroom with shower. A few people have commented about the TV size, but we don't go to a hotel to watch tele, and just wanted to let our hair down without the kids - so no problem for us.

There is the option to use the gym/sauna/pool but we just didn't have the time to do this,

We got ready and went to The Harvester across the road for a drink, then over to Scots Sports Bar next door.
After coming back and getting ready, we were booked in the restaurant for 7.30. My wife ordered the steak (£21) and I the lamb (£20), they were both cooked to perfection and came with all the trimmings. We ordered a lovely Chilliean red to go with it (£21) and had a very peaceful meal overlooking the pitch. Again the staff were great and came to speak to us now and then, asking was everything OK and commenting about Bolton's big relegation game the following day.
Some of the deals with the hotel include the meal and it works out a great price.

After tea we went back to Scots and had a great night, there was a disco on and the bar was chocca, met some very colourful characters in this place as well!

We'd pre-booked breakfast in bed the night before, and this came at our requested time (10 o'clock) and was again fantastic.

We will certainly be booking De Vere's Whites again, 10/10 for everything!

Room Tip: Pitch view - excellent
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Dear Young-Mostonians,

Many thanks for the fantastic feedback which you recently left on Trip Advisor afer having celebrated your 12th anniversary with us at De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

I am delighted to learn that you experinced an amazing night with us and received a warm and friendly welcome, that you were allocated a nice room and you enjoyed your meal in our Reflections Restaurant.

My team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and until then remain with.

Gordon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Very nice hotel the only down side the in-room TV was very old and the picture quality was awful. Top brand hotels you would expect flat screens

Room Tip: inner rooms are better gets noisy in the morning if road facing
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Daisy1096757,

Thank-you for the nice feed back which you recently left on TripAdvisor.

I note your comments regarding our TV's being somewhat dated and that the quality of picture which you experienced was poor.

Whilst our bedrooms do not have flatscreen TV's, the broadcast picture quality should still be of an acceptable standard.

As a result of your feedback, I have today spoken with my maintenance manager to ensure that all of our TVs are re-programmed to ensure we offer our guests a good standard of picture to view on our inhouse televison sets.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with.

Reading
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Another day another De Vere offer. This hotel is actually in the Reebok stadium (home of Bolton Wanderers football club), and apparently some rooms have a view of a pitch although the norm is Tesco's car park. Hotel is not too soul-less but is definitely aimed at the business market, with Sky Sports on TVs in all public areas. There is an award winning restaurant (apparently) with sweeping views over the stadium however the bistro serves more than adequate fare and there's even a set menu if you're really hungry. The pool is quite small but sufficient for a pleasant dip. Very friendly and happy staff throughout.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear rw2497,

Many thanks for the fantastic feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you found our hotel to be terrific value.

My team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I paid less than I have done to stay in a travel lodge but that is where the comparison ends. It is unusual being part of the stadium but that added to the interest. The room was very comfortable with a view over the car park but being away from main roads means it is quiet. The phone did not work in the room and so several visited the room to try and solve it which they eventually did. Although it meant the stay was a little less relaxing because of this all those who visited were very nice and helpful. I had room service in the evening and enjoyed my club sandwich. The leisure complex is great and was quiet on the bank holiday Sunday evening I was there. Breakfast was excellent the usual hotel fair but well down in a nice setting with real trees. As I say for the price it was so much better than other bargain hotels.

I had checked if Bolton were playing at home and discovered that when driving to the hotel. This made parking difficult but I was fortunate to get a space. Although very busy there was no noise in the room. The game did mean the hotel bars were busy after the game but it did not stop me from enjoying my stay. The area has lots of eating and entertainment places if you don’t want to stay in the hotel and good road and rail connections.

One thing to note is that if you put the hotel post code in the sat nav you arrive at the Tesco’s car park with no access to the hotel. I had to ring and they gave me the post code for the football stadium which got me closer and I was able to find it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear leedsutskin,

Many thanks for the recent feedback whcih you have kindly taken the time leave on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you found our hotel to be a bargain in comparison to other hotel chains.

I do wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused in that the telephone was not functioning properly in your room but I note that my maintenance team were able to repair the telephone for you in a prompt and efficinet manner and that you were happy with the service that they duly provided.

My team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and thank-you once again for leaving such positive feedback on TripAdvisor.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed last weekend. Very nice 4* hotel situated within the Reebok Complex with a perfect view of Bolton Wanderers stadium from the restaurant windows. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. King sized bed for us. Don't know if all are that size
Roomy, clean bathroom. Liked the fact there was an ironing board and iron in the wardrobe, as well as a trouserpress in the room. Didn't avail ourselves of the spa, swimming pool etc. because we had a wedding to go to.

Room Tip: If you are a football fan the rooms overlooking the stadium would be fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear SophieSlater,

Many thanks for taking the time to comment so positively on your recent stay at De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us in our "Great Hotel" and that you found my team members to be very pleasant and helpful and that you also enjoyed the standard of facilities that we offer to our valued guests.

My team and I strive to deliver exceptional levels of customer service at all times and we all sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton in the very near future and until then remain with,

Warm Regards,

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is the 2nd time my family and I have stayed at this hotel.The hotel amenities are excellent,love the leisure complex.The staff are very friendly and helpful.The breakfast was value for money.Will recommend to others and if we are back in the area will stay again.Thanks to everyone for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Jayne S,

Many Thanks for the excellent feedback which you left on TripAdvisor regarding your recent return visit to De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

I sincerely appreciate and very much value the fact that that you will recommend the services that we provide at De Vere Venues Whites to your friends and colleagues.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back in the very near future and until then remain with.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed with. my wife on cold wet Friday.As soon as we walked in the staff were happy ,smiling. Full of facts,information.

Everywhere we went ,the bar ,the resterauant,the pool,the gym,next day at breakfast all smiling and happy ,what a nice group of people,well done and thank you for a wonderful stay.one little moan update the tvs in the roooms

Stayed May 2012
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear StuartMackinlay,

Thank-you so much for the amazing feedback that you have recently left on Trip Advisor.

My team and I are delighted to learn that you and your wife had a wonderfuly stay with us and that you further complimented the team at De Vere Venues Whites as the "Best staff ever", which i have to say we are truly humbled by!!

We all sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back to De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton in the very near future and until then remain with,

Warm Regards,