“Outstanding Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I am currently at the start of a week long stay and within 24 hrs have already noticed how attentive and helpful the staff are. Not just those who are managers either. I have stayed at other hotels where staff appear strained to be helpful, but these guys are more relaxed and genuine. Who ever employes, trains and manages them has done a great job, well done!

The food is really good too! Most important to know. Meals are better than their menu description. :-)

The rooms are very clean and well looked after, guess that is another reflection on staff who look after them. Could I suggest an option of lower tog duvets as I was so warm last night? Rooms are not modern, but comfortable with good tea/coffee facilities. I am a fussy bugger when it comes to beds and this one was great with mattress firm, but comfortable A useful bonus was that the room had an iron and ironing board. Not sure if they all do!

My room was one away from the bar with a door that must open and close when people enter my corridor, but am not disturbed at all. Do hear the odd thud around the place, but not an issue.

On the down side the tv only had a few channels and was old CRT type, not what we come to expect in this day and age, but was adequate. Am I the only person who thinks a radio/clock would be good in a hotel room too?

So well done Bolton Whites a great place to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I firstly would like to thank you for your kind comments with regards to my staff. I will forward your comments to all staff which I am sure will act as a motivator.

It was also lovely to read that you enjoyed your food, I will forward your kind comments onto Mr Heathcote who I am sure will be as pleased as I am.

As for the televisions, these are going to be replaced in the very near future. Once again, thank you for your comments, I will forward to welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here during a confence. Room was pleasant and spacious. Some nice herbal teas included in the room tea making set.

Generally pretty quiet and peaceful but the soundproofing between rooms was not so good. Had a very giggly couple in the room next to me! If you're bothered by noise, bring your earplugs.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you found your room pleasant and spacious. I must apologise for the disturbance you had from the couple next door, I hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Once again, thank you for your review I look forward to welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the future.
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Price not too bad had a good stay and paid for breakfast which was worth every penny infact breakfast was the best part of the stay great view and can't wait too stay again lovely staff and reception was top notch

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lfc962014
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I was extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed your breakfast. I will forward your kind comments onto Mr Heathcote who I am sure will be as pleased as I am. I was also pleased to read that staff were friendly.

I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.
Selby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Nice looking hotel from outside but room was average and dated, and looked similar to old style Holiday Inn Express rooms, food in the main restaurant was excellent and every effort was made by staff to ensure it was a good experience, which is tough when you are a lone business traveller. However the breakfast room is like a service station café, tatty furniture made it look very down market. Staff were all genuinely helpful

Room Tip: Go for pitch view rooms if you can afford it
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to read that you thought your room was dated. I was however pleased to read that you enjoyed your food. I will forward your comment to Mr Heathcote, which I am sure he will be as pleased as I am.

Wirh regards to the comment on the Breakfast service, there are plans for this area to be refurnished in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for our tenth anniversary weekend and it was fantastic. Clean plush hotel, good service, friendly staff. We upgraded to one of the better rooms which was a brilliant size and impressive. I hope the hotel continues to offer rooms at a reasonable rate. We didn't eat here but did use the bar. We will definitely be back. I'm only sorry we arrived too late to use the spa-when I booked the hotel in November it was in the process of changing from De Vere to Bolton Whites hotel so the website was not quite as it is now. Had I known or revisited the website we would have definitely have booked treatments as an anniversary treat. Nevertheless, it was still great. Thanks Whites Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to read that guests have enjoyed there stay. I will of course inform all staff which will act as a motivator.

Once again, thank you for your recent review, I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the very near future.
Sandown, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my nieces wedding. The hotel was set in a great location over looking Bolton Wanders footfall ground, which was the highlight of my husbands stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel, and stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Anne D
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that your room was very clean, our Housekeeping team work extremely hard to have all rooms to a very high standard.

Once again, thank you for your review, I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the very near future.
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had an absolutely brilliant weekend to celebrate my birthday on March 1st, we booked for Fri 28th Feb 2014 until Sun 2nd March 2014, everything was spot on, no complaints whatsoever, our room was excellent (336),a very comfy bed, with bathrobes, thick white clean towels..... we had a pitch view room, we watched the Bolton v Blackburn match from our room, it was awesome to watch and loved the atmosphere of it all (even tho I'm not a footy fan myself) it was well worth the money and would do it all again with no hesitation. A very special mention to Andrew (on Reception) and Sally (waitress in the Restaurant) THANK YOU for making my Birthday extra special......see you next time, also to all staff, who do their job efficiently and courteously

Room Tip: room 336 is an excellent room to watch the match,
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I was extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to read positive comments about staff members, I have thanked them personally for your kind comments.

Once again, thank you for your review. I will look forward to welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the very near future.