“Very happy customers”

Bolton Whites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here as we met for the first time at the stadium. I told the receptionist on booking, when we arrived and went to our room we found a card and bottle of wine from the management, thank you very much, our room had also been upgraded. All in all will book again and great value for money

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TONY K
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. It is always very pleasing to read reviews such as yours. I will pass your kind comments onto our Reservations Team who made your booking.

Once again, thank you for your review, I do hope we can welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the very near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with work and was pleasantly surprised. Staff were very polite and friendly, the room, although fairly standard for a business hotel was of a good size and was clean. The room faced the pitch which is a nice touch for a work trip! My room service burger was very nice and took no time to turn up (was particularly impressed with that) - all in all made a boring business trip that bit more bearable. I would happily stay here if ever I was called to our Bolton site again! (They got my name wrong on the reservation but I can hardly hold that against them- and it was dealt with with no fuss and lots of professionalism)

Stayed: July 2014
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your recent review on Tripadvisor. It is always pleasing to read reviews such as yours. I will forward your comments on to all staff.

Once again many thanks for your review. I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here on business for 3 nights in July while at a conference at the stadium (where this hotel is located).
Overall the stay was great, the breakfast was nice and really good service throughout the hotel.
The hotel bar that we used was good but expensive as you would expect.
My room was fairly tired, but clean and the bed was extremely comfortable!

Room Tip: Asking for a stadium view room would give you a better view than the car park, but I haven't see...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your recent review on Tripadvisor. It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay at Bolton Whites Hotel. I do hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed the night after the wedding which to be fair was decent. Good room.clean and good enough. Our only problem really was the bar staffs attitude on the night of our wedding. Really rude once or twice to our guest who asked for highchairs.. which we asked for the night before..lack of communication between staff.then they lost our chair covers and center pieces. Good but be carefully if booking for a wedding or party. . Make sure you get everything in writing after the cock up we had to which they did well and was lucky we could change day if good time..good but wont be rushing back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased that you found your room clean, I will forward your comments onto our Housekeeping Team.

I must sincerely apologise for the issues you had with the bar staff, this is not acceptable. I will forward your comments onto the Bar Manager who will look into this issue further.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to write a review, I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

A group of us stayed at Whites before Christmas.We all walked to a great Chinese Restaurant around the corner in the retail park. This is a good business hotel with some great rooms that are now good value. The hotel needs a refurb and some modern TV's though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the pitch
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gerry J

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. It is always pleasing reading reviews such as yours. We recently purchased new flat screen televisions which are now in all rooms.

I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

nice hotel just 20 minutes from Manchester based at the old Reebok stadium now renamed Macron as they are sponsors for the next 4 years. Good business hotel as there are plenty of seating areas for meetings. Rooms are clean and tidy. Leisure facilities are also good and included in the room rate. Plenty of eating places on the doorstep if you don't want to eat in.

Room Tip: try and get one overlooking the stadium. the ones at the front are fine, however if you leave the wi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. It is always great to receive feedback such as yours I will share your comments with the team.

I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Location
We stayed at Whites for two nights (Sunday/Monday) as we were attending a business conference at the Macron (formerly Reebok) Stadium. It was the perfect location for the conference and close to retail park, but don’t be expecting nice views or scenic surrounds.

After check in we discovered that we had been given an internal facing room. The only window faced inside – a view of the main staircase from reception. Zero natural light at all, think internal cabin on a cruise ship! We immediately asked to be changed, which to be fair they moved us.

Room and sleep quality
Room was of fairly bland decor, but the bed was comfortable. Slight traffic noise on the main road outside at night. All in all it was acceptable, however, this semi-tranquillity was soon shattered. We had a very early wake up from the retail park lorries (those reversing warning beeps!).

Very poor, mass produced and poor value for money. To be avoided. We decided to eat out for breakfast and dinner the second day.

Staff
Cleaning staff were of a high standard. We called room service to ask for de-caffeinated tea, I even volunteered to go down and collect it. My call was passed through to the bar, where I was told someone would come up and give us some. No one came up. Not what you’d expect from a De Vere hotel on a fairly quiet Sunday night.

Conclusion
Left feeling very underwhelmed. We paid a bit extra to stay here (rather than the cheaper options nearby) so that we could walk to the conference we were attending. We thought that the De Vere brand was of a high standard, but discovered that this isn’t’ always the case. If we are returning to Bolton, I’d be tempted to look elsewhere. It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t great either.

Room Tip: I would not accept an internal facing room. If it was the last room available change hotels.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to review Bolton Whites Hotel on Tripadvisor. Bolton Whites Hotel is now independently owed by Bolton Wanderers Football Club and is no longer part of the De Vere Group.

Firstly I must apologise that you did not like your allocated room but was pleased that our Reception Team re allocated you to a different room. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your meals I will certainly forward your comments onto our Restaurant Manager who I am sure will be as disappointed as I am.

It was pleasing however to read that you found our cleaning staff were of a high standard. Our Housekeeping staff work extremely hard to keep standards high.

At Bolton Whites Hotel we take guest comments seriously and will take all of your comments on board.

Once again, many thanks for taking take to write a review, I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the very near future.