“A pleasant stay overall” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Bolton Centre

Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
hampshire
“A pleasant stay overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here for an away football match. We arrived late and on arrival when we tried to get in via the car park, a man said "who is it" in a rough unwelcoming manner.
The reception staff were pleasant enough though and the room was of a satisfactory standard.
The food was very good and I would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your review and comments from which I was pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you would stay with us again. I have passed your kind comments on to the Reception Team who I know will be pleased to have made a difference.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in the Bolton area.

Dieter Koch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
Bourne End, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

A great stay at the Holiday Inn Bolton. Thank you for making it so comfortable.

The team are first classed could not do enough to help. The hotel is conveniently placed and offers everything required in an HI.

The converted church at the back makes an amazing venue for weddings and functions.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review and kind comments from which I was delighted that you had a comfortable stay. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them as I know they will be pleased to have made a difference.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not to distant future.

Redditch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Quite a good city centre hotel. Everything you would expect - good rooms and nicely located for the Town Centre. Typical Holiday Inn features and restaurant, so quite a good standard.

On the negative side, the carpark is beneath the hotel and the spaces are not really large enough for modern cars. I found if I arrived after 6 pm then it could be difficult to find a space.
I wasnt charged for Wifi, but initially a very snooty member of staff told me the rate was £5 per hour. This meant that I basically avoided doing anything in the hotel for the first 3 days of my stay as I thought I was being ripped off.

Dont expect too much from Bolton Town Centre either - it's dire.....

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased to hear that your stay met with your expectations. The Hotel has two car parks one as you rightly say is beneath the Hotel the other is above ground and is situated to the right of the Hotel entrance. We also offer an overflow car park should both car parks be full at no extra cost to our guests. With regards to WiFi we do currently offer complimentary WiFi to our IHG Reward Club Platinum and Gold members, which is free to join. Complimentary WiFi can also be obtained in the main lounge area with any purchase from the main bar. We also offer rooms rats which include 24 hour complimentary WiFi and if you would like further information regarding the package which best suites your requirements please contact our Reservation Team direct who will be happy to make any further reservations you may wish to make.

Once again thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Dungannon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

When one thinks of Bolton what comes to mind? Most likely for those unfamiliar with the area, an industrial or post industrial landscape comprising of Victorian buildings.

This is the wrong image to have in mind when visiting this hotel. I found it to be a very convenient city centre hotel, complete with its own car park, that was easy to find in town.

The facilities are what one would expect from Holiday Inn, with comfortable rooms, a hearty breakfast and in this case even a gym in the basement.

What really makes this hotel stand out is the welcome you receive from the staff. Although it was late when I arrived, the welcome from Alicia was genuine, and she came across as really caring about whether or not I would have an enjoyable stay. The welcome was such that it was based on the caring disposition of the member of staff and this is not something that could have been achieved with training.

Credit to this hotel, with the warm welcome received it was worth the trip.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your review and kind comments following your recent stay which are very much appreciated. I was delighted you found are rooms comfortable, that the location was convenient for you and that you enjoyed a hearty breakfast.

It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them, especially to Alicia as I know that she will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and once again thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Wigan, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Arrived Friday evening to a very friendly welcome by the reception staff. The room was very comfortable and warm. We went to a wedding reception and arrived back at 12-10am and had a drink in the bar, lovely staff again. Well done for customer service. Had breakfast the next morning, one of the best breakfasts we have had. Well Done Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Within Bolton centre, but never heard any noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your review and kind comments from which I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to all the Team.

Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
Bourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

or the purpose of my review bias, for the last 12 years I have stayed approximately 100 nights a year in the Intercontinental / Holiday Inn Group chain.
Date of stay 13th May 2014
My ongoing experience of the hotel is as follows:

1) Arrival was NOT straight forward using the Sat Nav (TOM TOM) instructions as the city now has many bus only areas that the Sat Nav tried to take me down. After a couple of circles of the town the hotel was finally located
2) On arrival at the hotel the check in staff (Natalie) was extremely pleasant and friendly. However it was noted as a Gold Priority club member I did not receive a free upgrade (which since Holiday Inn changed their membership programme this year has sadly becoming the norm). I did receive my free wifi voucher and choice of a 500 points voucher (most other Holiday Inn’s only offer 300 points ) or if you wish you may choose the option of a free drink at the bar instead.
3) All area’s including the bedrooms where always well kept, tidy and clean
4) As other travellers have commented this hotel is starting to show some area’s of wear and tear, but I understand a renovation programme is in the planning. My room (room 312) was clean and well maintained.
5) The rooms are what you would expect from a branded Holiday Inn. SEE the photos. As a Gold member normally I receive a free bottle of water and some biscuits or a chocolate bar, but neither was available here.
6) There are two on site free car parks, my advice is to use the outside car park (to the right of the hotel as you enter) as the underground car park to the left is quite tight.
7) Breakfast is an additional fee (£14.95 on the day or £10 booked in advance or voucher purchased at check in) The quality of the breakfast was better than your average Holiday In ; catering from the full English option to fresh fruit salad and yoghurts, sliced cold cuts and cheese, pastries and & fresh un-sliced artisan bread rather than the frozen sliced stuff served elsewhere in the chain
8) I did not use the evening meal service.
9) I used the gym facilities, which where clean, well maintained and air-conditioned but smaller than other Holiday Inn’s( I did not use the pool or the spa)
10) Location, The hotel is located just off the town centre, which was ideally located for my visit
11) Check out, was straight forward and hassle free. (Natalie once again)
In summary the hotel scores 7/10 for an average to good Holiday Inn that just needs some tender loving refurbishment and a few updates.

Room Tip: There are two on site free car parks, my advice is to use the outside car park (to the right of the...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your comprehensive and constructive review following your recent stay which is very much appreciated as it does help us to keep focused on what is important to you. I was pleased that your stay met with your expectation and that you had a good check in experienced but note that we have room for improvement.

It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them, especially to Natalie in the Reception Team.

Whilst we do not have a full refurbishment programme in place at the present time as you rightly mentioned we do update and replace items on a regular basis.

I have noted all your comments and would like to take this opportunity to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times and hope that you will continue to choose to stay with Holiday Inns in the future.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hi All, Just wanted to say a massive thank you to the Holiday Inn in Bolton. I was booked in to stay the weekend of the UK Ironman on the 20th July. Unfortunately due to injury i wont be able to compete. Full refund on my booking. Could not be happier. Strictly speaking it was a pre pay but the management realized the value of great customer service. You have kept a customer and i will be telling everyone what a great decision you made and you are definately top of my list for future bookings. Excellent customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review and kind comments about our Customer Service. You are quite right in that normally our prepaid rates are non refundable and non transferable hence they are our cheapest rates available and payment is taken in advance of your stay. In exceptional circumstances such as the Ironman Event and due to your injury we made a decision that on this occasion we would make a refund to you as the next Ironman event will not be held in Bolton for another 12 months. As you advised us well in advance of your stay we were able to resell the room, however had you advised us nearer to the date unfortunately we would not have been able to make a refund.

Hope you make a full recovery from your injury and that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hotel next year for the Ironman Event if not before.