“My crafting weekend”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Boness scotland
“My crafting weekend”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked into this hotel and made a big mistake because it was not situated near the craft venue I wanted to attend over three days. Having to take taxis back and forward added to my expense significantly.
However I was very happy with the hotel. Staff were pleasant, efficient and attentive. The hotel was clean and the facilities were great. The beds were comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. The room was cold for my liking and there was a bar on the temperature that could be reached in the room. The bar menu was a bit limited but the portions and quality of the food was good. A bit expensive for bar meals.
I would use this hotel again and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back from the road and so noise levels in the room was not a problem. I was on the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased that you were happy with your stay and that had a good nights sleep. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them. Your constructive feedback is very much appreciated as it helps us to keep focused on what is important to you and has been passed to the relevant departments for further investigation and action where necessary. Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in the Bolton area.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Dieter Koch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We held our wedding here and then stayed for two nights. The rooms were very clean, not the biggest we have stayed in but we were not disturbed by the noise from the other guests or outside. We were on the second floor and some of our guests did mention that they could hear the party from the 1st floor. I was worried about the breakfast because I had read some bad reviews but it was lovely and I could not have asked for more the selection was one of the best I have seen.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor or above
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your review and kind comments from which I was delighted that everything went well for your Wedding. Congratulations from everyone at the Hotel.
I have noted your comments regarding noise issues that some of your guests experienced and have taken them on board. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. Pleased that our breakfast was the best you have ever had, and I have passed your comments to our Head Chef and his Team.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

hull
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from spending 3 days here on business and felt that I had to write about the service from all the staff. Apesh looked after us and is a credit to the company, the restaurant staff could not of been more helpful and the reception staff always polite. Having stopped in lots of holiday inn's this hotel is Definitely the best and that is down to the staff

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and kind comments from which I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and received excellent customer service.

It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them, especially, Alpesh, the Restaurant and Reception Teams. I know that they will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in the Bolton area and once again thank you for your review and kind comments.

Milnthorpe
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel for an event which took place there, had an executive room £75 breakfast not included, but they gave 2 bottles of water, 2 orange juice cartons and a chocolate bar free, along with this was a voucher for different rewards, chose the house wine, Merlot, fantastic, but at £19.45 way over-priced. Breakfast ordered on arrival cost £10 each (£14 if you decide in the morning - a bit dear !) breakfast food was OK, quite pleasant surroundings. At our event the bar in the function room was choked most of the evening with only one person serving, needed more staff. £4.95 for a regular wine to me is way over-priced (£6.80 for a large one - let me sit down !!) Staff very friendly, would stay again but maybe not drink in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and constructive comments which are very much appreciated as they help us to keep focused on what is important to you. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our complimentary gifts and the event you were attending. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference to your stay and I have passed your kind comments on to them. With regards to our prices, we do monitor them to ensure that we keep parity with similar establishments in the area but I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Manager for further investigation. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Once again thank you for your review and hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Rushden
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice and clean. Room was a family room very large and spacious. Polite reception. Good breakfast. Problem with air con in room, reported and got apology. Only had one night visting family, good value for the four of us, beds much better than premier inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and kind comments. I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and found your room spacious, clean and comfortable. Hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting family if not before, thank you again for taking the time to write your review.

Bolton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've been sending our clients and major suppliers to this local hotel for some time and recently I had to stay as part of a wedding party.

The overall facilities are great, location is ideal for walking out into the centre of town and the duty manager has an excellent attitude.

The cherry on the top is the unlimited English Breakfast - wow!

Room Tip: Always book early and ask for a quiet room near the elevator!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HoughtonCR
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your review and kind comments which are very much appreciated. I was pleased that you found the Hotel in a convenient location, everything met your expectations and that the unlimited breakfast put the cherry on the top. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comment on to our Duty Manager

hampshire
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here for an away football match. We arrived late and on arrival when we tried to get in via the car park, a man said "who is it" in a rough unwelcoming manner.
The reception staff were pleasant enough though and the room was of a satisfactory standard.
The food was very good and I would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your review and comments from which I was pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you would stay with us again. I have passed your kind comments on to the Reception Team who I know will be pleased to have made a difference.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in the Bolton area.