“Long weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Long weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

myself and a couple of friends stayed here a few weeks ago to attend a wedding , i asked that our rooms be on the same floor if possible and it was done .. i have only 2 little niggles about this place and the first one is about the wifi, when you check in you are asked if you want it and then there is a printout for you to read about how to go about logging in .. its not straightforward like normal where you click on to the Hotels server and then you are just asked for the passcode .. and due to the tiny writing on the printout which i couldn't read even with my glasses, i couldnt get on the 1st evening .. i got reception to get me on the following day , it runs out after 24 hrs so you have to go through the whole rigmarole again ..
my 2nd niggle is that our room had a musty smell which i have to say you get used to after 5/10 mins but every time we came back in the room after a day out it was there ..other than that the staff are very attentive and nothing is too much trouble... well worth the money we paid for 3 nights .. yes i would stay here again
ps parking no problem as there is another car park across the road from Hotel and reception will give you a ticket to put in your car ..
pps we decided that breakfast was too expensive and 5 mins car ride away is a lovely Toby Carvery where we went every morning for Breakfast for half of the price ..

Room Tip: we were at the front of Hotel and did not experience any noise at all ..
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback following your recent stay. I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our staff to be attentive and nothing was too much trouble. I have passed your kind comments on to all the Team as I know that they will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay.

The Hotel has two cars parks which are complimentary to our guests and as you rightly mention we also have an overflow car park facility should both our car parks be full which Reception can offer at no cost to our guests.

I have noted the two niggles you had and have taken the issues you experienced with logging on to WiFi on board. I have also passed the room issues you had on to our Head of Housekeeping to be addressed. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future. Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to write your review.

Dieter Koch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We received a warm welcome at the hotel and service was good. The rooms were clean and bright and comfortable and i was given a room opposite my elderly parents, which was very helpful. The breakfast was varied and seved with hot drinks and the breakfast area was bright and airy. The bar area was comfortable and the hotel didn't mind when we had a small family get together on the Sunday morning. We were made to feel very welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your review and kind comments from which I was delighted to hear that you received a warm welcome, good service and that you found our rooms clean, bright and comfortable. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you were able to hold a family get together. I have passed your comments on to all our Team Members as I know they will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and once again thank you for taking the time to write.

Johnstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Booked at last minute and paid way too much but thats my fault. Room was Ok for an exec room, room service food looked pre packed rather than made by a proper chef.
Parking a nightmare on site so ended up on a side road but beware of meter checks starting at 8am.
Would stay again but at a sensible price.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback from which I was pleased that the room and service was OK but I was disappointed to learn of the food issues you experienced which did not meet your expectations. All of our food is freshly prepared on the premises and I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef and his Team for further investigation. With regards to parking the Hotel has two complimentary car parks available to guests one is to the left of the Hotel and is underground the other is to the right and is above ground. If both of these car parks are full we also offer our guests an overflow car park facility at no extra cost. For any future bookings you may be considering if you would like further information please contact our Reservation Team who will be happy to go through the various packages available and arrange the best package which suits your requirements.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and once again thank you for your feedback.

South Shields England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just spent 1 night at the Bolton Centre as a customer of National Holidays. The hotel is bright, clean and the staff very helpful. Breakfast was hot, plentiful and a good variety. The only minor grouch was that we had to ask for tea and coffee. It would have been nice if we had been asked when we were shown to our table.
The receptionist was very helpful, giving us directions to the local pubs and advising which ones to avoid.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and kind comments from which I was pleased that you found the hotel bright, clean and our staff very helpful. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your comments on to them, especially to the Reception Team. With regards to breakfast tea and coffee I have passed your comments on to our Breakfast Team as you should have been asked if you would like tea and coffee, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We returned to the hotel after a pleasant stay earlier this year and the fantastic staff remembered us. We had a great stay just a shame about the rain. The food was good, worth a little wait. Thanks again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Tinajane026
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and kind comments. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your return visit to us and that our staff members were fantastic and remembered you. It is always pleasing for me when our Team has made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them as I know they will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future perhaps when we have some sunshine. Once again thank you for your comments.

Kirkby in Furness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent room, we stayed in family room very large with double and single bed with settee and full bathroom. Staff very polite and full buffet hot breakfast gave a good start to the day. Free parking availability on site at hotel for the duration of stay very useful with being in town centre.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank denise r
Thank you for your review and kind comments from which I was pleased you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the room to be excellent, staff very polite and breakfast good. I was also pleased that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary parking facilities. I have passed your kind comments on to all the Team as I know that they will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and thank you once again for taking the time to write.

manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

All 3 of us had the" recommended" battered fish. I joked with the waitress "is that a fish finger? " I m not a big eater but my god it was half of a very small fish. Tasteless. Frozen chips and peas. No problem if it was £5-£6 but at £13-95 we were done !!!!! £42 for 3 very poor fish and chips
..I asked to speak to the manager but was told he was busy with a wedding.
Guess we were nt important enough.
Left feeling quite disgusted.

Room Tip: Don't eat here. There are a number of good restuarants nearby.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and constructive feedback which is very much appreciated as it helps us to keep focused on what is important to you. I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef regarding the food issues you experienced for further investigation and action to be taken where necessary. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience which may have been caused. This was certainly not up to the level of service which should have been afforded to you. I would like to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

If you would like to discuss any matter further with me please email me on Dieter.koch@hibolton.co.uk with a note of your contact number and a convenient time for me to contact you.

We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times and hope that you will continue to choose Holiday Inns in the future.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Dieter Koch

Travellers are raving about these Bolton hotels