“awful”

Pizza Hut
Ranked #336 of 522 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

bad service, cold and dirty restaurant, lacklustre staff, poor salad bar, curdled mayo (which apparently tasted ok according to the staff!), and poor atmosphere. have been to this pizza hut many many times in the past but this last visit made me realise how much it has gone down hill since my last visit. i have complained but no-one has bothered to reply. won't be going again

• Visited April 2014

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Pleasant but where's the cheese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived after shopping at Middlebrook and were greeted politely and shown to out table.

Service was prompt and cheerful and the meal was good overall although there was very little cheese on my pizza which meant it went cold very quickly. The salad now it is 'free' is a little warm and wilted but overall the meal was fast and edible.
Our server went out of his was to be pleasant and efficient. I have noticed that the cost of the pizzas has inflated over the past year and I'm not sure that the individual pizzas are value for money especially when you can order and large pan pizza for take out for the same price.

“Very rude service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I normally like this restaurant but on Valentines Day we went in the evening. We were eating our starters and we got told our mains were ready so they brought them and we hadn't even finished our starters. Then when we were eating our main meal she came up to us and went 'would you like me to box the pizza up for you?' while we were still eating. They obviously just cared about getting home early! To top it off they then turned the lights off leaving us in the dark! Not impressed. I sent a complaint to Pizza Hut and I got a letter back that was just a standard letter they sent to everyone. Rubbish experience!

“Shocking!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We arrived at the Bolton Gate branch to find the reception area unattended and a family already in front of us and being ignored by staff.
After a few minutes I called a passing member of staff to get some attention, I was told the manager should have been greeting people as they arrived but she had been called away to deal with a complaint, really?!!!!!!
Although the car park was more that half empty and tables were obviously vacant we were told we would have to wait in the foyer for around ten mins, as there was nowhere to sit and it was freezing cold we did not think it was fair to keep our young children hanging about so we left.
Who do they think they are expecting us to queue in those conditions, they are serving fast food pizza, not haute cuisine!
Has to be said last time we went we noticed levels of service had slipped, staff seem to prefer hanging about chatting to each other than serving customers, manager is clearly not able to control her staff and is out of her depth, avoid at all costs!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Boltonbloke
Paris
“Bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Pizza Hut is a franchise so there is an expectation of uniformity. I have eaten pizza hut in many countries such as China, UAE, and America. I can honestly say that in this pizza hut the pizza was at an all time low. It's fast food so expectations are not grand, but it was gross. There was barely any sauce, the pizza was like paper. (I ordered the usual pan pizza) 3/10

• Visited October 2013