“Very bland food and lacking presentation.”
Review of Harvey's Cafe Bar

Harvey's Cafe Bar
Ranked #105 of 526 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Very bland food and lacking presentation.”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Called this week with a colleague this week for a spur of the moment lunch.Obviously this is my version as she would not complain but we both had the same starter prawns with leaves, my friend had a bland Thai curry and I had the strangest tapas I have had in my life.A heap of patatas bravas hot chorizo,bits of sorreno ham and on top two slices of very sweaty manchego cheese.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank ian187053

manchester
“Good find”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A nicely decorated establishment with efficient and friendly staff, good food and reasonable prices. Pay and display car parks close by and small number of outside tables available. Would recommend

Visited May 2014
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Harvey's is a brilliant place to eat and have a get together with your friends or even for a family meal. The food is excellent and the prices are reasonable. I especially like their Caesar salad which unfortunately they have stopped making but the Californian chicken burger is also wonderful. The chips are very crunchy and tasty and the service is very good. The only thing that always annoys me is when it is time to pay... you wait for ages, hence the 4 star rating. Apart from this, I totally recommend it as the atmosphere is also great.

• Visited December 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“fantastic food”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

i had been before for cocktails but today had food for the first time - amazing sea bass ! would recommend. its a lovely place well decorated and staff are fab. none alcoholic cocktails good as well (currently pregnant ) overall WOW cant wait to go back and have steak when im not pregnant as I like it medium - rare !

• Visited April 2014
Greater Manchester, UK
“Food was okay but lacked in service”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Dined here with a friend in the build up to Xmas in December 2013 and I'd completely forgotten about this occasion which I think speaks volumes. The food was just okay. Nothing really special. Not too expensive. My friend ordered the chips and I ordered the vegetarian falafel burger because although I'm not vegetarian, I just fancied something a bit different. The burger was average, bordering on bland. It really needed some sauce or condiment to inject a bit of zing into it. Tomato sauce would have been something but the bottle was fresh out the chiller to our table, so that sauce wasn't going anywhere fast. On the subject of service, we had to order twice because we waited 30 mins for food only to find they'd forgotten about us. The beer was good though. Would I go again? Probably not for food. Think it's reputation precedes it

• Visited December 2013