“New Year weekend”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“New Year weekend”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We had a 3 night break. The hotel was immaculate, rooms well appointed and very clean. We used the pool and had good treatments in the Espa spa. All of the staff were kind, patient,efficient and consistently excellent ambassadors for the hotel. We enjoyed breakfasts and dinners in the restaurant, the food was good quality, varied and plentiful. The car park was under the rooms but we were never disturbed by noise. Thank you to all staff for your impeccable customer support.Forgot to say how reasonable the cost was....very good value for money.We shall be back!

Room Tip: 101 is a suite, but all rooms were well appointed and large.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear VACrawford. Thank you for posting such a positive review following your New Year break with us. I am delighted that you were so impressed by everything in the hotel. The team will be very pleased to receive such good feedback. I hope to see you again soon. Regards Dan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Swindon
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We held our Company Party at the Hotel on Friday and much to my disappointment and others the food was definately not up to much.
The Roast Turkey Breast was more like a Pork Chop,Chicken Breast looked as though it was suffering from anemia and the Vegetables were hard and under cooked. As for the Coffee and mince pies they were non existant! Not bad for £39.99 per head!!
Pre ordered wine was slow to arrive and when it did it was not as had been ordered. When challenged was told that we had not ordered red wine, finally got it sorted in the end, miss up at the Hotel no less!
The limited Staff were friendly, but clearly under pressure due to the number of people they had to cater for.
Disco was good and made up for the poor start!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Nick G
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Dear Nick G. Thank you for your review and for your comments on our on line questionaire. I am sorry to hear that not everything was to your liking at your Christmas party. As you can see from previous reviews, the quality and delivery of our food is something that the vast majority of people enjoy very much. We will be using your feedback to strive to achieve a consistently excellent level of service and if you do choose to come back again for next year's party we would be delighted to host it for you. Regards Dan
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed a week at the Hampshire Court hotel in October 2011. The primary purpose of my trip was business. I usually stay at the different hotel in Basingstoke, but wanted to give this one a try.

A bit off the main street, the hotel is situated in a quiet, serene area. The check in was quick and I was able to check in earlier than the normal check in time. The rooms were tastefully decorated and modern. The bathroom was a good size with a bathtub and shower.

The main breakfast buffet was okay. If you are a vegetarian, not too much choice, but you can order things off the a la carte menu. We ended up having dinner in the lounge and the food was very good, highly recommend it.

I had two spa treatments when I was there. A full body scrub and massage. The treatments were good and the masseuses were professionals. You definitely felt relaxed after your treatment. The treatments are a bit pricey, but if you are there to indulge, I say go for it.

The hotel is situated about 5 minutes from a main shopping plaza. There is a big grocery store and also many shops, but not many restaurant’s to eat in. If you are a single female, I would not recommend walking to the mall in the night time because it is a bit lonely. While there is a main road, there aren’t a lot of people around.

You have to take a taxi to the main high street area of Basingstoke. It costs around £7 – 8 pounds. There aren’t any hotels in the main high street area, so any hotel you pick will be a taxi ride to the main high street.

I would recommend this hotel again if I stayed in Basingstoke. The added amenities of a spa, swimming pool and gym offer additional options of any type of traveller.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sailorann
Dear sailorann. Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear you spent an enjoyable few days with us. Your positive comments, particularly those about the food and the spa are much appreciated. I will make sure the team are made aware and they will be delighted to receive such positive feedback. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel next time you are in Basingstoke. Regards Dan
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed at hotel with family (daughter aged 3) for a short break. The family room was great in terms of size, facilities, cleanliness etc. The bar/lounge area is far from being cosy and slightly disappointing. The staff there were noticably less friendly than all other members of staff, albeit still polite and efficient. However, the icing on the cake and the reason for an excellent rating rests with the restaurant staff. They were, I have to say, exceptional. They made our stay. They made us all (including our daugther) feel extremely welcome and went "that extra mile". Indeed, such standards are (sadly) so uncommon nowadays that the high standard of service they provided has prompted me to leave this review. Fantastic

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Dear cricketer182. Thank you for posting such a positive review following your stay with your family. I am delighted to hear that you were all so well looked after in the restaurant. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team who I know will be thrilled. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Regards Dan
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed at the hotel over the weekend, We arrived early at 12 and we were able to check in which was great, Our room was amazing, it had a balconey which over looked the beautiful court yard. The swimming pools are great and we couldn't belive the many Tennis courts there, they have brilliant sports facilities at the hotel. We dined in the restaurant, We couldnt not fault the service at all, The food was to die for and wine excellent! I really have no negatives!

Room Tip: Ask for the suites with the balconey
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charliefelstead
Dear charliefelstead. Thank you for your review following your stay with us last weekend. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed yourself so much and that you were able to use so many of the hotel facilities. The team will be very pleased to hear your positive feedback. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Regards Dan
Surbiton
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Wonderful Hotel. Lovely room, great facilities, staff who couldn't have been more helpful.
Loved the food. We had an all inclusive spa break, and couldn't get over how generous the menu was. Both of us so enjoyed the spa treatments. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Thanks for a great couple of days.
Clive & Carol.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clive L
Dear Clive L. Thank you for posting such a positive review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us so much. The ladies in the spa and the team in the kitchen will be particularly pleased to receive such good feedback. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon. Regards Dan
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 November 2011

5 days at Hamshire court was worth every moment indeed!
From the moment we checked in till the time we checked out, everything was great!

My stay was breakfast included and I looked forward every morning for the same...a day's kickstart with an amazing meal is all I wanted!

We had the most amazing waiters in the restaurant, we were a group of vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Our first ala-carte dinner on the night of arrival made such a wonderful impression from the itme we were seated and how wonderfully, the gentleman who was waiting our table treated us, remebered every person's individual order and diet preference.
It was nice to see that they laid a set of tables meeting our group requirements the next morning for breakfast as well.
The rooms and nice, i wish mine had better wifi ( though i had LAN but the cable was short and hence i had to go against my lazy self and sit on the chair/sofa to do any work.)
The bathrooms are a delight too.

The property brags about gym, pool etc but we were too busy even on the weekend to take any advantage.
July summer and I had to open the window to get some air in the room...my room was courtyard facing..which had a nice view...the only flipside was that most people were not on work stay and hence stayed up late and yapped over sips of beer leaving me sleep deprived a couple of times.

It is a quiet place away from traffic and all..well, basingstoke would have little traffic anyhows :-)
24 hr Tesco is a small walk away

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Dear PreetiParti. Thank you for your review following your stay here at the hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us so much. I hope you find the time to come back and visit us again in the future. Regards Dan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basingstoke
Norton Park - A QHotel
The Basingstoke Hotel
The Basingstoke Hotel
#10 of 13 in Basingstoke
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,116 reviews

Been to Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel? Share your experiences!