“Fab overnite break.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Fab overnite break.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I Booked this for my sister 3oth birthday treat, what a fab day and nite we had at this hotel.
Everything was very good and yes i would deffentley come back.
The only one negative was when we went for our evening meal we waited a hour for our meal, we was disapointed as we didn't order a starter so we was starving..... the food quality is good just a shame we had to wait so long.
Overall yes i would recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear nag316. Thank you for your review following your sister's birthday treat. I am delighted you had a fabulous time with us and I'm sorry you had a delay in your food. It is good to hear you enjoyed it all the same, but be assured we will learn from the experience. I look forward to welcoming you both back. Regards Dan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I've stayed here a few times recently and on other occassions had to saty elsewhere as this was booked out - I suppose this says something about this hotel in these days! Main problem I would have is that everytime you arrive you feel like it's the first time you've been, maybe I just don't stay enough to be recognised but a colleague stays there every second week & says the same!! Everything is good without being spectacular with the exception of the spa which is excellent an a class above the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear jande1995. Thank you for your review. I am very glad to hear that you have chosen to come back and stay with us on numerous occasions. Although we have many guests 'coming through the doors' we do aim to acknowledge and recognise any repeat visitors so I am sorry we have not been doing this for you. Please be assured your feedback will be used to ensure we continue to get better at this. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon and if you wanted to make yourself known to me personally, feel free to ask for me and I can say 'hello.' Regards Dan
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I spent a Spa Day at the hotel, and didn;t stay over, so this review does not include the bedrooms / breakfast, etc.
Our spa day was a deal through Bookaspa and was amazing value for money.
My first impression was that this hotel is more of a Premier Inn Type of hotel than an elegant Spa.
The staff from the very start were extremely helpful and friendly.
The changing rooms have plenty of space, and although a little dated, they are very clean.
The pools are lovely, one adult pool, one family pool. However, there is not really an area for "lounging". There are a few chairs arranged at the poolside where space is very limited.
I was a little disappointed that there is not a jacuzzi, but this is more to do with my expectations of a spa.
The Beauty Centre offers eSpa Treatments and products. The treatment rooms are lovely, well equipped, and the heated beds are wonderful. Staff are very well trained and friendly. I had a facial , a massage and a pedicure. All treatments were top notch and excellent value. I was very impressed at the quality of treatments for the price.
The waiting area in the beauty centre needs to be "softened". Lighting is harsh and bright, sofas not comfortable. This could easily be greatly improved to provide a better Spa experience.
Lunch in the restaurant was a buffet, with a big queue at 12. I found out why - at 12.30, when the queue diminished and we decided to "go for it" ... the beef casserole had all gone, as had the chocolate fudge cake and profiteroles. Seems that the regulars know you have to be in the queue on time to get the best food !! That said, the remaining dishes were lovely, and we really enjoyed our lunch :-)
I will come back to the hotel for beauty treatments, I think they are good value and a high standard with very nice products.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear TJW_Woking. Thank you for your review following your spa day here at Hampshire Court. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us so much and that you found it to be such good value for money. I will pass on your positive feedback to the team who will be delighted to receive it. I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Regards Dan
beds
Reviewed 4 February 2012

An ok hotel in a good location for business with adequate rooms however the staff are really good and overall I would recommend as a good value business hotel.
Recommend the bar for a friendly place for a meal. the gymn is well equipped and if you like to run you can pick almost any length of circuit around the residential area surrounding the hotel.
The breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer rooms (right on the second floor)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear jonsBeds. Thank you for positive review following your stay on business with us. I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be good value for money and that you are planning to return. The team will be particularly pleased with your feedback regarding the service in the hotel so thank you for taking the time to mention it. I hope you will be returning in the not too distant future. Regards Dan
Bristol
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for a night last weekend, and had a lovely time.
The swimming pool is fab, and the breakfast was scrummy.
The bar area was a little 'cafe' like, and not classy like the rest of the hotel.
Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: They have a lovely courtyard, so if you can get a room overlooking it, as some of them have balconie...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dear JulieAC. Thank you for posting such a positive review following your stay with your daughter. I am delighted to hear you were so impressed with the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Regards Dan
England
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My partner and I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years, mostly because of it's proximity to my partner's workplace and convenience when on a night out.
It is always clean and well maintained, although it's furnished more like a business hotel and therefore lacks personality (in my opinion). However, the beds are comfy, the bathrooms are looked after and there is fast, free wifi.
The spa facilities are good - far enough away from the rest of the hotel as to be nice and quiet. The staff are friendly and attentive and I really enjoyed my treatment. The gym and pool are also good - the gym is well equipped and free for guests, as is the pool, sauna & steam room.
This stay, we decided to try the hotel restaurant. Unfortunately, this is what lets the whole place down on this occasion. The restaurant itself has no atmosphere - it just looks like a few tables have been put in a large space, and it actually feels really exposed when you're sat down.
The menu reads quite nicely, which was what made us give the restaurant a go in the first place, but the quality of the food served wasn't up to the standard set by the menu. My calamari rings were overcooked and a bit rubbery, and so were the vegetables on both my main and my partner's. The restaurant has the right idea, however the execution simply isn't there at the moment. At just short of £70 for three courses (excl wine), you can find much, much better food locally for the same, if not less money.
This doesn't mean that we won't stay here next time we need a room for the night, but it does mean that we'll go elsewhere to eat.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Katherine701. Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you are planning to come back to the hotel and that you were particularly impressed with the levels of cleanliness and service. I am though sorry to hear your experience of the restaurant was not up to the same high standard. I will take on board what you say and as ever, use it to improve what we offer to our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, next time you are in the area and if you did feel like trying the restaurant again it would be a pleasure to show you how we usually impress our guests there. Regards Dan
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Went for a two night spa break as present to my fiancée, firstly we were very warmly welcomed by the reception staff. There was an error with the booking however and our room was a twin not a double, but by the time we had dumped our case in our room to come back down to have a look around they the duty manager had got involved and given us a upgraded double room and he also offer us free glasses of wine with our evening meal.
It must be noted that not just some but all the staff at this hotel are very friendly and are very helpful.
The facilities are great from swimming pool to the rooms.
The food at this hotel is excellent a lot of attention to detail.
The spa treatment was superb (not that I am an expert on this).
Very relaxing stay. Well done and thank you to everyone.

One very minor point, have someone look at the steam room it is started to smell a bit freaky.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DiscoveryMD
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear discoveryMD. Thank you for posting such a positive review following your stay. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and in particular that the team here made such a positive impression. I hope you will take the opportunity and become an 'expert spa goer' in which case I might be able to tempt you back. Thank you for the feedback re the steam room, this has now been rectified. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Regards Dan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basingstoke
Norton Park - A QHotel
#3 of 13 in Basingstoke
Tylney Hall
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick

Been to Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel? Share your experiences!