“Overnight”

Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Basingstoke
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed overnight to break up a journey with our two young children. The staff were the friendliest I've ever encountered in a hotel and the facilities were excellent. One of the kids was ill in the night and staff couldn't do enough to help and change bedding etc. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear matt g. Thank you for writing a review following a brief stay with your family. I am really pleased that the team made such a good impression on you. I hope your youngest is well on the way to a full recovery. Hopefully we will see you all again in the not too distant future. Regards Dan.

There are newer reviews for Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We have just done a surprise 35th wedding anniversary. For my wife at the Hampshire Court Hotel and we had three rooms for the family and grandchildren we had a pool to use and found the staff very helpful , the two young men on bar we're very attentive to our needs ,as were all the staff during our visit , the whole place is squeaky clean ,and well set out we will return ,
Apart from being a little pricey this hotel has it all ( you only get what you pay for) VFM
Thanks
Timblick family

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Thisadoo. Thank you very much for your posting your review. I am delighted to hear the celebrations were a success and that you were all so impressed by the hotel. I look forward to you returning soon I hope. Regards Dan

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Having just returned from a spa break (9/10 Nov) at the hampshire court, I cannot praise it enough!
The hotel itself is lovely, spotlessly clean, beautiful courtyard, rooms spacious and spotless, facilities are excellent!
The lunch was buffet style with hot food (incl.vegetarian option), salad, fresh soup, deserts and always being replenished so nice and fresh. The dinner was incredible, with so much choice, very reasonably priced, presented beautifully with a service to match. Waiters attentive, polite and incredibly helpful.
Breakfast again buffet style with full continental and full cooked too with a choice of fried eggs..hard soft and turned. Available to order was smoked salmon or veggie sausages (there were other items available but cant remember) and once again everything was regularly changed so always fresh and hot.
Spa was lovely, facilities good, therapists excellent and very knowledgeable.
What really makes this hotel, apart from it being modern well presented and spotlessly clean..is the amazing staff that are so cheery, friendly and helpful! I've had worse stays and worse meals in top notch 5 star hotels..well done Hampshire court you got it spot on!!! cant wait to come back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear julia s. Thank you very much for your review following your spa break with us. I am thrilled that you had such a good time with us. I agree that the team here are really what stands out and they will be really chuffed to receive your feedback. I look forward to you visiting us again soon. Regards Dan.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Spent the weekend here for our son's wedding reception. The whole experience was delightful from checking in on the Friday evening to the checking out on the Sunday. The staff were very friendly and helpful and our room was large and comfortable with an excellent bathroom. We ate dinner in the main restaurant the 1st evening and the meal was superb as was the service.

Breakfast on both mornings could not be faulted and the choice was excellent.

Then came the main event, the wedding breakfast in the Highclere Suite, a very memorable occasion. The service and attention to detail was 2nd to none and the food lived up to expectations, as did the evening buffet and disco. Thank you Hampshire Court and your staff for providing such a wonderful time for us all.

Room Tip: The Balcony rooms overlooking the courtyard were excellent. Ours overlooked the carpark but suited u...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear LIZANNLeicester. Thank you for review following your stay for your son's wedding. I am really pleased that everything went so well for the big occasion and that you were so impressed with your stay. The chefs will be delighted with the feedback about the food and the rest of team will also be chuffed with their feedback. I hope you will come an visit us again in the not too distant future. Regards Dan

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed at the Hampshire court Hotel with my husband and lots of other family members on 9th November 13 for our nephews wedding and everything was superb.the staff worked so hard to ensure a perfect reception and evening party. The reception staff were amazing and , let us check into our rooms mid morning . The rooms were very clean and comfortable and had disabled facilities in my very elderly mums room. The food was excellent too. I had read one or two negative reviews on here prior to our stay, but I really couldn't find a single fault.what some people expect is truly beyond me. Thank you to all for making our stay so very memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Christine F. Thank you for writing such a positive review following your stay for your nephews wedding with us. I am delighted that all went so well and the team will be really chuffed to receive your feedback. I hope you will visit us again some time soon. Regrds Dan.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We spent a weekend at this hotel with my daughter and her family for her 40th birthday. The hotel is modern within easy reach of the motorway and the centre of Basingstoke. It is two minutes walk to the little shopping precinct of Chineham. The hotel is build in a square with many of the rooms having a balcony looking out onto the centre patio area. This made it very light and airy. We had an upgraded room which was excellent with a fridge with free wine, beer, water and milk and a jar of peanuts. There was also a free safety deposit box.

Our daughter had a suite which was two large rooms with plenty of room for a double bed and two beds for the children. This suite also had a very large balcony. It was excellent value for £279 for two nights including breakfast for all four of them.

The main reasons we selected this hotel was for the spa and for the tennis courts. Unfortunately the spa was fully booked although we could use the swimming pools. There are two pools one for adults using the spa and one for families. This had lots of floats and while we were there we almost had the pool to ourselves. We played tennis on the Friday. There are five nice indoor courts (none outside) with netting between them. This means irrespective of the standard of your play you cannot annoy the people on the other courts. Rackets and balls can obtained from the sports reception.
We had hoped to play tennis again on the Saturday however the whole tennis area was being used for a large wedding. When we complained about this we were given the tennis for free on the Friday and two bottles of wine to go with dinner on Saturday.

The food was very good and the service friendly and efficient although it was a little stretched on the Sunday morning during the busiest time. All in All a very nice hotel and one I would recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: Upgraded rooms (suite for family if possible well worth the extra)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear fgwilson. Thank you for your review following your stay with us in September. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were suitably impressed by the rooms and service. Your advice to book spa treatments early is very sensible as the treatment rooms do tend to become full at the weekends. I'm sorry you had an inconvenience with the tennis courts on the Saturday and I am glad the team were able to sort this out for you. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Regards Dan.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed here overnight at the end of september. Its looks like a conference / sales rep type of hotel. The bedrooms are sapcious and modern. lunch and dinner were included along with two spa tratments.

We went down for lunch and I felt like we were at a confernece. We ate in a small room after choosing from the buffet and it felt like being at school with a dinner lady looking over us. We then went for our spa treatments and they were 30 mins long. However by the time you filled out the form and got ready in the room it was more like 15 minutes long. The spa was like a conveyor belt of women getting treatments. It was all very rushed.

The is no real bar area. More like a coffee and tea with seats which is disspointing. We had a drink here and headed into dinner. The room was a huge conference/ ballroom type with seats and tables randomly placed around the room. The food was lovely but there was no ambiance .

Overall this hotel is fine to use as a base but I would not stay here for a girly or family or romantic weekend.. very much a reps hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Hardy1969. Thank you for your review following your spa break with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed certain aspects of the hotel including the bedrooms, food and service. I'm sorry though that you found the bar and restaurant areas so underwhelming. Clearly we still have some work to do to get these areas 'right' and I will use your feedback to try and achieve this. I hope we might tempt you back to the hotel in the future. Regards Dan.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Basingstoke
Norton Park - A QHotel
#4 of 13 in Basingstoke
Tylney Hall
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick

Been to Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel? Share your experiences!