“Outstanding”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff were fantastic, they were very friendly and they go the extra mile to make sure your stay is enjoyable. I had not stayed in a Q hotel before, but they are now on my favourite list. Well done, they definitely deserve all the awards they have won.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Annfzm
dankelly_9, Operations Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Annfzm,
Thank you for your excellent review. It is always great to hear our staff made such a positive impression and were able to go the extra mile for you. I hope we can welcome you back for another relaxing break soon. Regards, Luke.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I spent an excellent two day break at the Hampshire Court Hotel. Check in was smooth and our room was excellent. We made full use of their sporting facilities and used the gym and swimming pool on three occasions. Our late check out time suited us ideally. The gym equipment was excellent. We also made use of their indoor tennis courts (an extra charge was required to play tennis).
Our 'superior' room was large and had everything you might expect, Two free in house movies were included in our Travel Zoo offer.
We enjoyed two dinners and two breakfasts and the quality and service was excellent throughout.
I would certainly recommend this hotel and will probably visit this hotel again, when next in that area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Trevor W. Thank you for writing such a glowing review following your stay with us over the weekend. I am delighted to hear you had such a good time. Well done on making use of so many of the facilities. I'm sure it made dinner taste all the better. We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Regards Dan
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

i have stayed in a number of hotels but were possible always return to the Hampshire court. The reason for this is the attention to detail and the staff, all staff that I encountered were friendly and always trying to help but not in a over bearing or false manner a total credit to the hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear gareth h. Thank you so much for writing such a positive review. The team here at the hotel will be delighted with your kind praise, so thank you again. We hope to see you again soon. Regards Dan.
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Approaching this hotel you get the impression it could be either a Tesco Supermarket or a crematorium. As it is situated next to a supermarket I assume that the same architect designed it. Set around a courtyard, often full of smokers , which meant don’t open windows, we were given a room which looked out upon the roof top of the building next door, while might be acceptable in Florence, in Basingstoke a definitely not.
Very small room and smaller bed. While everything was clean and well appointed
There is a complete lack of soul or atmosphere in the hotel. The yapping of a lap door along the corridor raised concerns over cleanliness. If we had known pets were allowed we would have chosen another hotel. Evening meal was of very poor quality, my wife had salmon which was very dry and tasteless while I choose Caesar Salad thinking they could not ruin it, they could.

Room Tip: Ask for one either overlooking the courtyard (20 pounds extra) or overlooking the car park. Not muc...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear GhentPilgrim. Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I too wish we had views similar to those over Florence, but I am confident the hotel has never made any pretence to. Clearly the architecture and surroundings are not to your taste for which I am sorry. It appears that your concerns over cleanliness were averted given you scored this section 4 out 5. I am sorry and surprised to hear that you did not enjoy your evening meal. We will certainly take this feedback on board and as ever try to improve what we offer to all of our guests. Regards Dan.
England
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We recently stayed here for one night whilst celebrating a friend's wedding. The area the wedding party had for the duration of the celebrations was most adequate, the function room was perfect in size. The food and service on the day was excellent, right down to the evening buffet and the Wedding Co-ordinator (James, I think) did an outstanding job.

The room we had was most comfortable, it was a double overlooking the carpark, which was not a problem as we didn't hear much, if any, noise from outside, we did order room service early evening, which was promptly delivered.

You are spoilt for choice at breakfast and special requests are also accommodated, all in all I would definitely recommend this hotel if you were looking for a conveniently located, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LNCUK. Thank you for your review following your weekend break with us. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here and that the wedding celebrations all went down so well. The team will be very happy with your feedback also, so thank you for going to the trouble of mentioning them personally. I hope we will see you again in the not too distant future. Regards Dan
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We took advantage of an Travelzoo offer, not expecting to not expecting to receive the "five star" treatment we received. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Valter, who made us feel special, until the moment we left we were treated extremely well by all members of staff and I can't speak too highly of them.
We ate in the hotel morning and night and the quality of food was very good indeed and my wife very much enjoyed the "pampering" she received in the Spa.
We will definitely be returning here not only for the service but also its location for family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Robert B B. Thank you writing such a lovely review following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed your time with us so much. The team will also be thrilled with the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Regards Dan
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We used this hotel for a business meeting. There was more than enough parking. The location is convenient from the motorways.
Staff was extremely friendly throughout, from the reception to the meeting room helpers, catering, restaurant, cleaners and pool. It was really remarkable how welcome everyone made you feel. Half the time I went through a door someone was running to keep it open for me, very special.

The room was good, spacious and the window could open.

I used the pool which was lovely. I heard the gym is good to.

The meeting room was very good, in terms of temperature, coffee breaks served without any disturbances and with nice quality snacks (fresh fruit and biscuits). Everything worked. Internet was free and worked well.

The food at breakfast, lunch and dinner was very good. The restaurant served us quickly and in a friendly manner.

I would definitely come back here and would recommend you to stay here if you are visiting Basingstoke for business or leisure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear squizz20. Thank you for your review following your conference stay with us. I am very pleased to hear your event went so well and that the team and food made such a positive impression on you. I hope we will be able to host an event for you again in the not too distant future. Regards Dan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basingstoke
Norton Park - A QHotel
#4 of 13 in Basingstoke
Tylney Hall
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick

Been to Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel? Share your experiences!