Stayed here for one night whilst attending a show that was held in their tennis court area. Being a very light sleeper, I asked for a quiet room and was assured that the one I was given was quiet. The first thing I noticed when entering the room was that it was like a sauna, and, amazingly considering the price and the fact that it's a 4 Star Hotel, there was no air conditioning, just a fan. The room was clean and nicely decorated. In terms of the room, all was well until about 3:30AM when what sounded like a fan on the roof started up and woke me. I then got hardly any sleep, and around 6AM what sounded like a pump behind the walls in the room started up, accompanied by clicking and banging of pipes. Probably the worst night's sleep I've had in a hotel this year.
In terms of decor, the place seemed OK. Modern and fairly basic, probably about the same as a decent Premier Inn. Breakfast was passable, but a little bit undercooked for my taste.
The smaller of the two TVs in the bar had an annoying image retention fault that meant that any captions stayed on screen for 30-60 seconds after they should have. This made watching the world cup games rather annoying. I'm amazed nobody had noticed and fixed this.
I guess I'll have to come back if the show I was attending is held there again next year, but I certainly won't be staying in room 141.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern well presented full service hotel boasts a unique and broad range of facilities that make it ideal for guests travelling on business or for pleasure. Ideally located in the quiet Chineham area of Basingstoke, making it convenient to both the M3 (J6) and M4 (J10) with easy travel to Newbury, Reading, Andover, Winchester, Farnham and Farnborough. The Hampshire Court is nicely designed around a courtyard garden with an terrific feeling of space. There is Complimentary wifi throughout the hotel and the Coffee Lounge, Bar and Restaurant areas are well served by an established and excellent kitchen and service team. Perfect for business meetings or weddings and other social events, the Hampshire Court has function rooms to suit any size of event from 2 to 1500 people. The superb leisure facilities include 5 indoor tennis courts and both a kid's pool and an adult only pool. The well-equipped gymnasium is also supported by a comprehensive range of studio activities. The luxury Spa offers a full range of body & beauty treatments featuring Jessica nail and ESPA products. For families with younger guests, the separate kid's pool and a brilliant games room makes it easy to have a fun and relaxing break without typical concerns of disturbing other guests. The games room includes a new Ipad Station and a Wii stand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel Basingstoke
- Hampshire Court Basingstoke