“Good hotel”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Basingstoke
Wolverhampton
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a lovely hotel the staff are very friendly and the food is very nice. the rooms are spacious and clean staff only too happy to help with extra pillows only fault i had was the bed was rock hard and creaky not to my liking. Location a little isolated but I would stop here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your guest review on this website.

Thank you also for such positive feedback and I am so glad that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed nice food. It is pleasing for me to learn that my housekeeping staff were also happy to help with your requests and your room met with your expectations.

Thank you once again for your very positive comments and I note that you will stop with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Basingstoke in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

we stayed here last thursday and it was brilliant, staff were very nice and helpfull, rooms were lovely, and beds were very comfortable, kids absolutely loved it, and the breakfast was gorgeous, they had everything we could think of and the kids were in there element with there own pots of tea and as much toast and nuttella and full English they could eat, we didnt want to leave, so thankyou hilton for everything highly recommended

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience during your recent stay on this website.

I am delighted to read such positive comments and I am so glad that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It is very pleasing for me to learn that you found my staff nice and helpful, really loved the breakfast and just as importantly your children were happy!

We do value our guests feedback, whether positive or negative as we are then able to monitor and assess the sevice we provide our guests so that we may continue to improve our guests experience.

Thank you once again for rating us so highly and we look forward to welcoming you back, in the not too distance future.

Richmond, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hotel was 29 miles from Legoland which was not really an issue for travelling to/from, as only took 35-40 mins via the M3 motorway. Quiet out of town location and only took 5 mins to drive into Basingstoke town centre. Good facilities and clean tidy rooms and lovely breakfast conservatory. Plenty of free parking on site.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at Hilton Basingstoke.

I am so glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us whilst visiting Legoland and I am pleased to learn that you particularly liked breakfast in our Conservatory restaurant and our good facilities with plenty of free parking.

We do value our guests feedback as it is in this way that we can continue to improve our customer service standards and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night in April 2014. For the price paid, I expected much more. You could stay in a premier inn, pay much less and receive a much better room. I took advantage of the upgraded room for £12.50 offer after booking and to be honest, i dread to think what the room would have been like if I hadnt. It was small, dingy and stank of cigarette smoke, despite being allocated as a non smoking room. The bed was very hard, springs could easily be felt, and although the breakfast was tasty, the buffet was no where near large enough for the amount of people who needed feeding. Most of the food trays were empty, not really acceptable when we came down at 8:45, especially as its open til 10am. The features of an upgraded room also included robes, slippers and free wifi. We received one distinctly musty robe and a pair of slippers, despite being a room for 2. Also, we received a card at reception for 1 hrs free wifi, which turned out to be inaccessible. Whilst the lounge bar and restaurant make the hotel look very nice, the rooms do not, and give the distinct impression of a refurbished travelodge from the 70's. Will not be staying again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carrie H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed to learn that your room was below the standard expected and I am sorry if the previous guest had smoked in a clearly designated non-smoking room and I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused. My Head Housekeeper has noted your comments regarding set up for one of the robe and slippers which she will address and action with her team and wishes to be associated with my apologies.

Your comments concerning replenishing of food trays are noted and at busy periods there may be a crossover period when new trays are being set up in the kitchen for replacement, as food is available up until 10.00a.m. Please do not hesitate to ask any of our service staff at the time for assistance as they are there to help.

Free WiFi is available in the lounge/lobby area only and we are not aware of any problems with BT Openzone. The reception team are available in the lounge and will be pleased to advise if you are having difficulties with any wifi connections.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback and I reiterate my apologies for our shortcomings on this occasion. I do hope you will give us another try so that we may welcome you back in the future.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Basingstoke hotels

worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

a wonderfully relaxing and comfortable hotel. food really good and staff very helpful and friendly. The childrens play area was very welcome. A good location near to many places of interest. Would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friendls.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful stay with us and found my staff helpful and friendly and that the childrens playroom was really appreciated.

I am so glad that the hotel location was good for you and to know that we will definitely come again. Thank you also for your personal recommendation,

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hilton Basingstoke, in the not too distant future.

Boncath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Front of house were very friendly and helpful but that was the only thing that stopped me from giving this a 'POOR' rating! The restaurant doesn't open til 6.30pm, which for young children is far too late, especially when they've been a LEGOLAND all day! So we had room service which wasn't very nice at all. My husband had a curry which was £16 and he's convinced it was one from Tescos it certainly looked like it! My food and our sons food was very poor too!
We stayed in a premier inn in bagshot the night before and wish that we had stayed there for a second night instead of staying in this hotel!
Would NOT recommend and shall not be returning

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for posting a review on this website.

i am pleased to learn that my reception team were very friendly and helpful but disappointed to note your further comments wirh regard to the restaurant opening times and food quality.

Whilst the restaurant does not open until 6.30 we do have our lounge menu available all day up until 11.00 p.m. which includes childrens menus and would also include the Legoland discount if are booked on the inclusive package. All our food is freshly cooked to order however your comments are noted and have been forwarded to my Head Chef for his information and attention.

Please always let us know if there is any aspect of your stay that falls short of your expectations, which will then give us the opportunity to put matters right before checking out of the hotel and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for your very valued feedback, as is in this way that we can continue to improve our customer service standards and I do hope that we can welcome you back at some point in the future.

Tucson, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel staff was excellent. The hotel is a bit old and you can tell once you leave the renovated lobby/lounge area. Overall I was satisfied with the stay for business travel. I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for modern amenities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on this website.

I am pleased to learn that you used the hotel for business travel and found my staff were excellent. Your positive feedback in this regard is appreciated.

I am so glad that the hotel suited your purposes on this occasion and I do hope that you will visit us once again when you are next in the Basingstoke area.