“Nice room, bar not so good”

The Basingstoke Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Basingstoke
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice room, bar not so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff were efficient and the room was clean and pleasant, the breakfast was full English; very freshly cooked with good quality ingredients. Unfortunately on the Saturday night most of the bar/restaurant was occupied by a large, noisy private wedding. This meant it wasn't a very comfortable place to be as a guest; otherwise I'd have give in four stars.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Simon M
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor and our on-line guest questionnaire which is very much appreciated.

I do apologise for the maintenance issue with the bedside lights in your room and my Head Housekeeper will address this matter with the team and my Maintenance Manager has also fixed the fault and they wish to be associated with my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I am glad that you enjoyed your 'Hilton Breakfast' and thank you for your positive feedback regarding the choices and presentation.

Thank you once again for your comments as it is in this way that we can improve our customer service standards and I do hope that we can welcome you back to Hilton Basingstoke, at some point in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Hilton Basingstoke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Blackpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel was to an expected standard apart from an odd odour in the room on arrival and bedside lights not working. Only had breakfast and found the choices good and the standard and presentation good

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor and on our on-line guest questionnaire which is very much appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,

Hilton Basingstoke
cannock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The level of service was excellent,along with the price.The location is also very good being only a few minutes from the town centre.The decor of the room I stayed in was looking a little bit tired,but overall I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Paul I
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Trip Advisor website.

I am delighted to learn of the excellent service that you received and that you found the price was good value.

Thank you also for your personal recommendation and I am so glad that the hotel is ideally located for you.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Basingstoke in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

An average and functional hotel in pleasant surroundings, close to the M3 junction but far enough to have no motorway noise. Nothing exceptional, but nice friendly staff and to the point service. Not a place I'd like to spend a vacation in, but a thoroughly pleasant and comfortable experience for a one-night stay. Being nearly half-way it is very good value if one needs to drive from the south coast to London and must spend a night at one end or another.

Room Tip: Hotel is in a secluded park area, so all fronts are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Hilton Basingstoke.

I am pleased to learn that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay and found my staff were
nice and friendly to the point of service.

I am so glad that you found the location of the hotel was ideally situated for your purposes and we look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Staff were very helpful. However, my room was not worth the £125 which was paid. The lights sounded like a generator starting up every time you turned them on, and also when you flushed the toilet it sounded as it the whole plumbing system was going to explode. Would not recommend for the price.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on this website, which is appreciated.

I do apologise for the maintenance issues in your room and I have discussed the points raised with my Maintenance Manager who will investigate this matter and wishes to be associated with my apologies.

I am pleased to learn that you found my staff were very helpful and thank you for your positive comments in this regard.

Thank you once again for your very valued feedback as it is int this way we can monitor and assess the service we provide our guests, so that we may improve our guests experience.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Paignton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights 2 weeks ago on a Legoland visit for our daughter's 6th birthday. The room was ideal for the three of us, yes it was warm but the fan helped with that. Maybe air conditioning might be considered in the future?
The staff were fantastic and couldn't have done more for us. Everyone was really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. When we arrived back at the hotel after our first day at Legoland, there was a balloon and banner on our door, plus a card, more balloons, birthday sprinkles, a bottle of orangina and a jar of choc raisins on the birthday girl's bed. She was bowled over by that - thank you team!
The food was fine, nice restaurant area with garden outside. I agree the limit on window opening is a potential concern if there was a fire but would also be a risk if it opened wide so hotel can't really win with that.
A great place to stay, would definitely return.

Room Tip: No tips needed from our point of view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on the Trip Advisor website.

I am delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay for your daughter's sixth birthday.
My housekeeping team are so pleased that she enjoyed the birthday decorations in the room
as we especially like our younger guests to enjoy their experience at Hilton Basingstoke.

Due to Health & Safety Regulations, we do have to fit restrictors on our bedroom sliding windows preventing them opening more than six inches, however in the warmer weather we can remove them on a guest's request subject to them completing a disclaimer at Reception.
These are then replaced on the guest's departure.

Thank you opnce again for such positive feedback and also for your personal
recommendation. It is a pleasure to know that you will return to our hotel in the future and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

If visiting Hampshire, the Hilton at Basingstoke is a must to stay. Located close to the M3, but far enough away not to be disturbed by the motorway noise, it is well connected on the road system. Light, Bright staffed with very friendly people, a pleasant night's rest is guaranteed, followed by a breakfast to die for. Whether visiting on business or for pleasure - it's great value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on the Trip Advisor website.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially enjoyed the Hilton Breakfast that is always a popular start to the day with our guests.

I am so glad that you found my staff friendly and the hotel is ideally located for you enabling you to have a good night's rest.

Thank you once again for your very valued feedback, as it is in this way that we can continue to improve our customer service standards and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back, in the not too distant future.