“basingstoke hilton”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Basingstoke
Burghead, Scotland, United Kingdom
“basingstoke hilton”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

fantastic friendly hotel and staff they could not have been better,the breakfast and bar meals were of great quality, and the dinning room experience was brilliant and the waiter could not have helped us more, i am disabled and the staff were most helpful and friendly

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Keith911
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at Hilton Basingstoke on our on-line guest questionnaire and also on the Trip Advisor website, which is very much appreciated.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable break with us and thank you for choosing Hilton Basingstoke again. I am so glad that we always exceed your expectations and my staff will be so pleased to learn that all their efforts enhanced your stay.

It is our pleasure to be of service to you and your family and thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to give your feedback.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for your next stay at Hilton Basingstoke.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Tadley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We were staying as it was our daughters wedding reception .
Our room was ok ,but not what you would expect from a Hilton hotel,the mattress has definitely seen better days ! With two distinct dips in it from old age & over use...
The carpet has humps in it which could almost be a trip hazard !
The rest of the room was ok , nice and tidy just what you would expect. A big plus point for it is that you are able to bring Man's best friend with you .
The conservatory leaks which is not good when you have decorated wedding tables . There were some other issues with the smooth running & organisation lost items but that's not for me to really complain about.
Overall the service was good and the staff very helpful .

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MATT7159
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on the Trip Advisor website.

Your feedback regarding your room is noted and I am pleased that you appreciated the fact that we are a dog friendly hotel.

The leaks in the conservatory roof, were caused by an extremely heavy downpour of rain that came through the window joints and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We do value our guests feedback, as it is in this way that we can continue to improve our customer service standards and we do hope that we can welcome you back at some point in the future.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff were efficient and the room was clean and pleasant, the breakfast was full English; very freshly cooked with good quality ingredients. Unfortunately on the Saturday night most of the bar/restaurant was occupied by a large, noisy private wedding. This meant it wasn't a very comfortable place to be as a guest; otherwise I'd have give in four stars.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Simon M
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor and our on-line guest questionnaire which is very much appreciated.

I do apologise for the maintenance issue with the bedside lights in your room and my Head Housekeeper will address this matter with the team and my Maintenance Manager has also fixed the fault and they wish to be associated with my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I am glad that you enjoyed your 'Hilton Breakfast' and thank you for your positive feedback regarding the choices and presentation.

Thank you once again for your comments as it is in this way that we can improve our customer service standards and I do hope that we can welcome you back to Hilton Basingstoke, at some point in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Hilton Basingstoke
Blackpool
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel was to an expected standard apart from an odd odour in the room on arrival and bedside lights not working. Only had breakfast and found the choices good and the standard and presentation good

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor and on our on-line guest questionnaire which is very much appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,

Hilton Basingstoke
cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The level of service was excellent,along with the price.The location is also very good being only a few minutes from the town centre.The decor of the room I stayed in was looking a little bit tired,but overall I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Paul I
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Trip Advisor website.

I am delighted to learn of the excellent service that you received and that you found the price was good value.

Thank you also for your personal recommendation and I am so glad that the hotel is ideally located for you.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Basingstoke in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

An average and functional hotel in pleasant surroundings, close to the M3 junction but far enough to have no motorway noise. Nothing exceptional, but nice friendly staff and to the point service. Not a place I'd like to spend a vacation in, but a thoroughly pleasant and comfortable experience for a one-night stay. Being nearly half-way it is very good value if one needs to drive from the south coast to London and must spend a night at one end or another.

Room Tip: Hotel is in a secluded park area, so all fronts are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Hilton Basingstoke.

I am pleased to learn that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay and found my staff were
nice and friendly to the point of service.

I am so glad that you found the location of the hotel was ideally situated for your purposes and we look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Staff were very helpful. However, my room was not worth the £125 which was paid. The lights sounded like a generator starting up every time you turned them on, and also when you flushed the toilet it sounded as it the whole plumbing system was going to explode. Would not recommend for the price.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on this website, which is appreciated.

I do apologise for the maintenance issues in your room and I have discussed the points raised with my Maintenance Manager who will investigate this matter and wishes to be associated with my apologies.

I am pleased to learn that you found my staff were very helpful and thank you for your positive comments in this regard.

Thank you once again for your very valued feedback as it is int this way we can monitor and assess the service we provide our guests, so that we may improve our guests experience.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.