I stopped here on a "special corporate rate" of over £160 per night during the Airshow.
On arrival, the reception staff couldn't have been more helpful.
I was disappointed with my hot, dated no ac, fusty smelly room with a flashing light which wasn't repaired until two days later (for which staff apologised).
To the hilarity of my colleagues, my white wine and soda was served in a pint glass - not really what you'd expect in a Hilton.
Breakfast was lovely, really enjoyable with lots of choice - perfect.
The gym is a joke and should not be advertised a facility for a hotel this size, I've seen larger ones in people's garages.
I couldn't sleep at all in my hot, uncomfortable bed as it was noisy beyond belief. After night one, I re-arranged all my meetings for days 3 and four and checked out after a second sleepless night explaining that I really couldn't countenance a further night. No refund was available due to the "special rate". Luckily my expenses picked up the tab but I was disgusted with this response.
Be assured I will never stay here, ever again and I will be asking our Travel people to take this off the list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern hotel located 2 miles from Basingstoke station & 35 from Heathrow Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Basingstoke Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Basingstoke Hotel Basingstoke
- Hilton International Basingstoke
- Basingstoke Hilton International
- The Basingstoke Hotel Hampshire