“Extremely Welcoming and Courteous Staff”

The Basingstoke Hotel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Basingstoke
Colorado Springs, United States
“Extremely Welcoming and Courteous Staff”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The staff at this hotel and restuarant make you feel exceptionally welcome. They are helpful, kind and prompt. They are what makes the stay at this hotel memorable. The only drawback is the lack of air conditioning in the room. The hotel is an older one, and when it was built, the UK rarely was hot enough to need air conditioning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of Hilton Basingstoke which is very much appreciated.

Thank you also for your very positive feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, despite the heat and our lack of air conditioning.

Whilst we do not have air conditioning we can only provide electric fans to assist with cooling the bedrooms, however with the continuous and very unusual high temperatures that we have recently experienced, it is difficult to achieve an optimum ambient temperature and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am delighted that you found all the staff were very considerate, welcoming and "extremely nice". The team will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyment of the hotel during your stay which was a memorable one for you. Praise indeed and please be assured your comments will be passed on them.

We do value your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hilton Basingstoke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Crewe
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Poor poor hotel and will most certainly not be staying again. The rooms are like sweat boxes with no air com and the fans they do give you are absolutely useless. Mind you at least you can open the windows...... Oh wait they only open slightly so that's not been an option. The restaurant service is slow and the menu is very limited. The staff also fail to tell u all options available as the they have a cheaper bar menu available but are keen to push you towards the pricey restaurant. We are so disappointed with this hotel that I'm fact requested to move on day one with the holiday company we booked with only for the hotel manager to deny the request. The hotel is also the same cost as other chains like premier inns etc but not even in the same league. Would me and my family return to this hot, warm, muggy hotel?? Nope

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Andyo2982
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor and i am concerned to learn of your disappointment with your stay.

I do apologise for our shortcomings on this occasion and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Wedo value our guests feedback, whether positive or negative and please be assured our guests feedback is reviewed by the Hilton executive to improve the guests experience.

I do hope that at some point in the future, we can welcome you back when hopefully we can restore your faith in Hilton.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Basingstoke hotels

Plymouth, England
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Read a number of not exactly complimentary reviews on the hotel prior to booking it, however having stayed here about five years ago thought we would give it another go. Check in was completed in two minutes by a professional and cheerful young lady, proceeding to our room we noted that the foyer had had a paint job since our last visit and didn't look bad. The room was found to be clean and tidy with a fan plugged in ready to go due to there being no air conditioning in the rooms. The beds and pillows in the room are definitely an area of concern, the mattresses are sat on a large sheet of wood (i.e. the bed) not springs as you would expect and are exceedingly uncomfortable, pillows are beyond the end of their useful life and could do with being replaced (woke up with sore necks each morning). Breakfast buffet was not very hot on our first morning of a 3 day visit, it was "cosy" but filled with the standard choices, as usual the toast machine had a mind of its own, you either got "hot bread" or if sent through twice "burnt toast"! The restaurant had also had a make over, however it is showing signs of wear and tear, in particular the carpet - staff were pleasant and attentive. Wifi is rather expensive in the rooms but free in the lounge although a bit of hopping around was required to get a good signal.

All in all the Hilton Basingstoke provides a room/bed for the night with no frills attached, staff are pleasant and attentive and the premises are kept clean and tidy. However the "Hilton" name/ image is let down by a long overdue refresh of the layout/decor of the public areas and updating of rooms/beds/bedding to give this provincial hotel a chance to earn the (Premier!) name of quality which is supposed to be associated with the Hilton group.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel on our our on-line guest questionnaire and also for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and thank you for your positive comments and also the not so positive comments regarding some aspects of your stay. I am delighted that you found my staff were pleasant and attentive as well as the premises that were "clean and tidy".

Our Executive Team will review your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back, in the not too distant future.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Staff very helpful, room smelt, standing fan running flat out when entering the room, window open for ventilation. I usually like to stay at the Hilton as a chain however I will avoid this Hilton and stay somewhere else if in Basingstoke.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our on-line guest questionnaire to which I have responded and and also post a review on the Trip Advisor websitewhich is very much appreciated.

Your comments regarding WiFi are noted. However we have just upgraded our broadband width to increase connectivity especially at peak usage times in the hotel and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. Your feedback therefore will be useful when reviewing the service with BT.

I am pleased to learn that you found my staff were very helpful.

We do not have air conditioning and can only provide electric fans to assist with cooling bedrooms. With the continuous and unusually very high temperatures recently experienced, it is difficult to achieve an optimum ambient temperature.

We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton Basingstoke on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th of August. Check in was extremely professional and we were lucky to have first class service from all staff that we interacted with during our stay. The cleanliness of the room exceeded expectation and nothing was too much trouble for the happy and friendly staff. Our rooms were booked by my friend who I was invited to a wedding with so the fact that we had a fabulous stay, meant we could relax.
I plan to return heresy well done guys, keep up the good work!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jarrard C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on the Trip Advisor website.

Thank you also for sharing your experience of your stay with us and I am delighted to learn that you received first class service from my team.

It is a pleasure to know that cleanliness of your room exceeded expectations and there was lots of inter-action from all my staff and nothing was too much trouble.

We do value our guests comments and opinions, as it is in this way that we can monitor and assess the service we provide our guests so that we may continue to improve and your very positive feedback sets a very high benchmark for us.

I am so glad that you will return to the hotel in the future and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Basingstoke.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We checked in rather late and we were told that although the Restaurant was closing we could obtain bar meals at the Bar. We "dumped" our bags in the room and hurried down to the bar arriving there at 9.50. Our first drinks (a bottle of water!) arrived some 45 minutes alter with the rest arriving in a further ten minutes (childrens fruit drinks and a bottle of wine!).

Our meals took 1 hour twenty minutes to arrive and considering that they were bar meals we considered this far too long to prepare seven very simple bar meals from the relativley restricted menu. The children's meals were served after those for the adults. Altogether this was a poor show.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our on-line guest questionnaire to which I have already responded personally and for placing your review on Trip Advisor.

I am most concerned to learn of the service issues experienced in the restaurant, which clearly are unacceptable. Please be assured I will be carrying out a full investigation into this lapse in our service standards with my Food & Beverage Manager, who wishes to be associated with my apologies.

Mr. Regal, please be assured I have taken this matter very seriously and thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. and I do hope that we can welcome you back at some point in the future, when I am sure we can restore your faith in our hotel.

Hilton Basingstoke
Dymchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Staff where extremely helpful, welcoming and friendly. Hotel was lovely and clean in all areas and room was really comfortable. Breakfast was lovely and lots of choice. Evening menu was limited for choice and was quite dear for Adults, kids ate for free however it seemed like it was put in the Adult meal prices.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you also for such positive feedback regarding the hotel and I am delighted to learn that you found my staff helpful, friendly and welcoming. I am so glad that you found your room clean and comfortable during your stay.

Hilton menu prices are the set standard for all guests, however children up to the age of 12 eat free when accompanying their parents. Thank you once again for your comments and observations as it is in this way that we can continue to improve our customer service standards and I do hope we can welcome you back at some point in the future.