I had a very positive experience at this hotel when I stayed for two nights over the Easter weekend with my two young children. We were visiting friends and family in the area and I booked based on the location and the good value advance rate.
I found the rooms to be very clean and have good bathrooms with baths (essential for me to be able to bathe my kids). The receptionists and staff in general were lovely, and there were nice touches such as the soda and lime drink you can help yourself to on arrival at the reception desk, and, as it was over Easter, they left some chocolate eggs in the room. Even though it is a chain hotel they made an effort to give us a personal and friendly experience.
There was one small problem on our second day which was my fault entirely; I spilled some water from a bunch of flowers on a bed and once I'd alerted the staff they immediately gave me the keys to the room opposite (which was vacant) so that we could move there, as this was the quickest/best solution for everyone. They could not have been nicer about it, even though it was my fault.
Breakfast was excellent; at £9.50 for an adult I think it's good value with plenty of choice - including a pancake machine! - and the food looked fresh and nicely cooked. We would stay there again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Basingstoke is a modern hotel boasting air-conditioned bedrooms of which 4 are accessible. Located within easy access of the M3, M4, Basingstoke Town and Festival Place Shopping Centre, the Holiday Inn is ideal for both Business travellers and Leisure visitors. Business travellers will find the Holiday Inn Basingstoke located close to the business parks of Viables, Daneshill, and Chineham. ( Motorola, Sony, Huawei). We offer free car parking. Leisure visitors can find easy access to attractions in all directions. To the East are Legoland, Windsor, Thorpe Park and Ascot Racecourse. To the South are Jane Austen House, Winchester and Marwell Zoo. To the West is Newbury Racecourse and Stonehenge. In Basingstoke are the Anvil and Haymarket theatres and the aquadrome leisure complex to which we have complimentary passes. The Bar has a relaxing atmosphere in the evening especially after dining in the Restaurant which offers dishes from around the world. Our lounge provides the ideal location for informal daytime meetings. The Academy Conference and Training Centre has 6 air-conditioned suites with Wireless internet access the rooms can accommodate from 2-140 delegates. The hotel also offers a specialist events organiser to plan your function with a personalised touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Basingstoke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Basingstoke Hotel Basingstoke
- Basingstoke Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Basingstoke Hampshire