I called the day before arrival to make sure that the reception would be open at 11pm and was assured it would be. When we arrived the place was buzzing, with residents relaxing in the foyer and on the ground floor. Checking in with the cheerful staff took about 5 minutes and when we got to the bedroom we were surprised at the size, not to mention the size of the bathroom. There did not appear to be any air conditioning in the room, but windows did open and although we were on the front door side, nothing disturbed our sleep.
Breakfast was in a high ceilinged room that was light and airy. The choice was excellent with a variety of cereals, cold meats and cheeses and the full English breakfast. Few residents seemed to want the black pudding, so it was somewhat crusted over, but inside the taste was fine.
One carp - as with all hotels, was that the napkins and the toilet paper were all single layered. False economy, as everyone takes more than they actually need, so waste more than if they were double or triple layered in the first instance.
This stop over was en route to Norfolk from Dorset, so we actually only spent 10 hours in the hotel, during which we were asleep for 8 hours, but I would have no reservations in recommending it to anyone, be it a one night stop, or for a few days while exploring the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Basingstoke is a modern hotel boasting air-conditioned bedrooms of which 4 are accessible. Located within easy access of the M3, M4, Basingstoke Town and Festival Place Shopping Centre, the Holiday Inn is ideal for both Business travellers and Leisure visitors. Business travellers will find the Holiday Inn Basingstoke located close to the business parks of Viables, Daneshill, and Chineham. ( Motorola, Sony, Huawei). We offer free car parking. Leisure visitors can find easy access to attractions in all directions. To the East are Legoland, Windsor, Thorpe Park and Ascot Racecourse. To the South are Jane Austen House, Winchester and Marwell Zoo. To the West is Newbury Racecourse and Stonehenge. In Basingstoke are the Anvil and Haymarket theatres and the aquadrome leisure complex to which we have complimentary passes. The Bar has a relaxing atmosphere in the evening especially after dining in the Restaurant which offers dishes from around the world. Our lounge provides the ideal location for informal daytime meetings. The Academy Conference and Training Centre has 6 air-conditioned suites with Wireless internet access the rooms can accommodate from 2-140 delegates. The hotel also offers a specialist events organiser to plan your function with a personalised touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, IHG, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Basingstoke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Basingstoke Hotel Basingstoke
- Basingstoke Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Basingstoke Hampshire