“A Stay in Paradise”

Copper Beeches Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Basingstoke
Copper Beeches Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Basingstoke
basingstoke
“A Stay in Paradise”
Reviewed 24 January 2010

this hotel nis reaaly a five star, and one of the best bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in. one of the best rooms 101 was really cosy, warm and comfortable, staff that i met are really helpful, jai at the reception was really welcoming, Mark the polish chap in the hotel was entertaining. The room tarrif was really value for money. The double bed was really comfortable, heating , shower facilities were excellent. the room was well lit and very cosy. i will really recommend it to my friends and collegues, and i rate it as a five star. once again thanks to the staff member specially Jai , for his warm welcome and impeccable service. I felt its a home away from home and i will be back soon. really a five star****** pleasure

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Hampshire
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I stayed in this hotel with a colleague during the snowy weather. It was extremely convenient for work and the town centre. The hotel was very warm and cosy. The room I had was a little on the dark side and the furnishings a bit dated. There was an area of the carpet burnt in the shape of an iron. The bathroom was clean, but the heated towel rail was not working and I could not get the shower to provide hot water, just tepid.

The service received was good and the staff welcoming and friendly. Breakfast was hot and delicious. The price for a single room was £70 which I feel is a little on the expensive side when compared to a travelodge or similar.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 30 December 2009

The Staff Mary and Gio made me feel right at home while I stayed at the hotel. There was free Wi-Fi, fantastic made to order breakfast and a lovely room overlooking the garden. I would absolutely recommend staying here for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I used the Copper Beeches on spec and without reading any reviews ahead of time. Just rocked up and checked it out. It is 2 x Edwardian Buildings, joined together in a fairly suburban environment not far from town. My first re-action was the gentlemen who runs the place offering me a cup of tea while I waited for a call to determine whether I was staying with him or a friend down the road. The boss was very attentive and could not do enough for me. There is one lovely room upstairs with very nice garden views but wedding guests had used it so I went to another room which seemed fairly dark but was bright as a button in the morning. If you are looking for new, shiny and spotless then this may not be your thing, but for me it was perfect. I spent the morning doing some work in the living area downstairs and even took breakfast outside in the garden and while I was wandering around discovered a hedghog on the lawn. very cute. Nothing was too much trouble and it has earned my recommendation. It felt more like a home stay in a stately old home, than a hotel, which to me which was just fine.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Aldershot
Reviewed 19 November 2008

The Positive:
As I was to be at a meeting the following day in the town centre I was pleasantly surprised to find it was only a ten minute or so stroll away which gave me plenty of time to enjoy my full english breakfast. (some places I have stayed in offer only continental or its not included in the price). My room was brightly decorated, warm & the bed very comfortable . ( I believe the Hotel is having many rooms refurbished).Cleanliness was of a high standard.& the staff to be very helpful & friendly.
The Negative:
I needed to turn the radiator thermostat down as it was a little too warm .

• Liked — Comfortable room & Very comfortable Bed
  • Disliked — No evening meals though reception had many menus for takeways to order in & town no tfar for restaurants
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mysore
Reviewed 3 April 2008

Very small rooms... small shower area... oldish building... far away from the market places and city centre... not value for £70

provides kitchen during the nights to prepare dinner... in case somebody wants to cook and save money from eating out

Stayed March 2008

Travellers are raving about these Basingstoke hotels