“Amazing service”

Apollo Hotel Basingstoke
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Basingstoke
“Amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a lovely week-end at Apollo hotel with access to all the facilities at a bargain price.
The experience has been incredible: flawless service, good cuisine and a huge studio for us.
I was particularly impressed by the quality of the service, the waitresses were always available for every kind of enquiry and everybody was kind and polite.

Room Tip: the studios are huge and bright
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gaia r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was at the Apollo hotel 19/7 and had a wonderful time the minute I arrived! I was greatest by a lovely man at reception who told me the way to the spa, which to everyone else's comments below I thought was good value for money. I had some treatments booked in with my friend, we had about a hour in the pool before these. We came out for our treatments 5 minutes before as the man on reception had said to us, and the two younge therapist were already waiting for us with smiles on there faces! Myself had a young blonde therapist I didn't quite catch her name and my friend had another lady with mouse brown hair, we went up for our massages and couldn't of been more happy with the results the girl I was with did a brilliant treatment and had abit of a chat with me to! My friend said the same about her therapist. I wouldn't fault the spa at all! For the value and the treatments we receive it was A**! I couldn't of been more happy!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Emmaadams123
Thornaby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

the room was ok but the bed was like tring to sleep on a camel the evening meal was very basic fish fingers and chips or chicken in some kind of sauce no tea or coffee with the meal desert was ok if you like cheesecake . the breakfast was sub standard i e raw sausages bacon that was covered in fat congealed baked beans, cup of tea was disgusting the nearest shop is over one mile away if you are staying here with national holidays take you own teabags brilliant pool open at 7am till 9pm closes at 10pm .

Room Tip: ask national holidays if you are staing here if you book lego land
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shane F
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of girl friends for a spa weekend. Great value, 2 nights B&B, 2 three course meals and 2 treatments for £150 each. Spa was nice and well organised. Food was good, main restaurant better than the brasserie. Drinks quite expensive. David from reception extremely helpful, brought ice and glasses to our room. All staff friendly. Rooms a little dated but clean and useable. Easy 20 mins walk into Basingstoke which has decent shops.

Stayed July 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We got a really good deal on a package for 4 people - Full use of the Spa and sparkling afternoon tea for 4 people at £39. I booked well in advance as I knew the weekends would fill up quickly. I also booked in a treatment of a pedicure at the same time.
When we arrived at the hotel, we went straight to the spa reception. I mentioned our booking, in which they could not find on their system at all, the gentleman working on reception kept asking me whether I had got it wrong, and if I had come on the wrong day, which I found to be very rude.
I also told him that I had booked a pedicure at the same time, again this was not logged into the system, it was by chance that they had a slot free that I could have the treatment done.
I then said that afternoon tea was also included in our voucher, he called the bar reception, who again didn't have a record of us coming.
This was around a 10 - 20 Minute delay before we could even get into the facilities, or lack of.
The pictures on the website paint a very different atmosphere to what you get. The pool is very small and not deep at all. The sauna was good, as was the Jacuzzi, however the steam room was just a warm room with seats in it.
Once the time arrive for my pedicure, there were two other ladies waiting at reception, they seemed to have had the same experience of not being recognized in the system, however they had paid for their treatments. By this time the beauticians were fully booked.
I went up to the room, in which you have to walk through the gym, so if you're conscience of walking in your dressing gown, I would get changed. The room was tiny and not a very nice or relaxed atmosphere.
At the end of the treatment, I was very disappointed and deflated in what had been done. It was no different to having someone else paint my toenails, and for £29.50 I would expect either shelac or gelish nails for this. By this point I was so disappointed with the whole experience, I didn't think it was worth complaining as I did not think they would take me seriously.
Would not recommend and will not be returning.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Hoody90

Travellers are raving about these Basingstoke hotels

Uckfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We needed to stay in Basingstoke for a do at Oakley Hall, booked it as it was only £20 more than a Travelodge, not the most glamorous looking on the Outside but nicely finished inside.

Staff were so helpful, we parked up mid-day (before book in) and walked into town, (got bus back ) they gave us directions on a sheet (15 min walk), made use of the Spa - (only comment is the Chlorine was strong!) - Room was clean, décor was fine (not too dated) great to have a separate power shower.

They booked us a taxi for the venue, comfy beds and not too hot or noisy, breakfast was buffet style, it is, what it is, not how I would do it but perfectly fine. Wouldn't have paid £180 per night, but bargain at £90 B&B plus spa facilities - Lazlo Assistant Manager was a diamond - Great weekend

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

hotel room could do with a bit of a Makeover - if your looking for a 1980s hotel room then Pick this hotel. Breakfast was a bit of a let down. Food was not that warm and I had to keep asking for things like coffee. nice big Car part and close to the Hospital and town centre good Wifi for both my Phone and Laptop

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business