“Really good if you like water”

Basingstoke Aquadrome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Salisbury, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Really good if you like water”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you don't like water, it's rubbish. However my mates grandad had his car keys stolen out of his locker, good job it was a rubbish car and it wasn't mine.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Anthony S

• Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I visited here with my son on Saturday 14th June and couldn't have been more let down. We travelled up from Southampton, mainly for a change of scenery and the website gave glowing reports. I wish I checked here first.
On arrival we was told 2 flumes were out of action, granted they had reduced the price of admission because of this.
The changing cubicles I wouldn't even donate to a charity shop for free, they're nothing short of disgusting. The lockers are close by, if you can find one working with a key available.

The swimming experience, terrible. You can either swim in lanes or use the 'lazy river' that's it. The one chute which was working had such long queues it was pointless. We stayed 40 minutes and my son's exact words were 'Dad, I'm not being ungrateful but I'm bored'.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, save your money and go elsewhere.

Visited June 2014
6 Thank smeeinnit
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“OK”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We enjoy coming here whenever we are in the area, but over the years the standard seems to have slipped and some money needs to be spent fixing the small things. we had to hunt for a locker that had a lock and when we did find out the wrist strap didnt work, then the changing room door didnt lock! Out in the pool only 1 slide was working.... still good value, but I would love to see it back to its prime!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank matt o
Overton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Gym and changing rooms tatty.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have been a member for a couple of years now but am now seriously considering looking for an alternative. The biggest complaint is that there seems to be no desire to get gym equipment fixed when it malfunctions. The number of apparatus that have 'out of order' notices for months is one indication of this, and the tv monitors attached to the equipment of which 5 or 6 work OK out of more than 20 is another example.
Then the changing rooms are tatty, showers frequently don't work properly, and the changing facilities were recently closed for a week for REFURBISHMENT!
The one aspect in it's favour is that it's (relatively) cheap - but in more ways than one.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Allan_Mary_B
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Waste of time ”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Given that myself and my partner do not have a lot of cash, we were very much looking forward to this. We do not drive so paid for the train to Basingstoke and did the rest of the journey by bike.

We paid and got inside and after navigating one broken locker after another.

The swimming arena itself is very small compared to most lagoons, so after going around the rapid (which was more or less at a standstill) we proceeded to the flumes. In my opinion a good set if flumes can make anywhere fun.

We reached the top. Two of the three flumes were closed without the two members of staff chatting being able to give me a reason as to why with the third (slowest) having a long queue of kids because they "haven't turned it on yet".

For me it's simple, to charge full admission everything should be open from the minute it opens until the minute it closes. There was no prior warning at reception. Anybody entering that day was essentially paying £5.60 to swim in a circle on a motionless rapid. The rest was for children.

All in all it was a wasted day off work and a waste of £16 of train fares for us.

5 Thank Lee T