“Overpriced and Nothing Special”
Review of The CuriosiTea Room - CLOSED

The CuriosiTea Room
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I decided to come here after hearing some good things about the place, but I left feeling thoroughly disappointed.

The food was expensive for what it was and the quality was distinctly average. You can get more for your money in a supermarket and have food that is just as good, if not better.

I found the staff to be unfriendly. I clearly was not their regular type of customer and they looked down their noses at me.

I will never go here again.

2  Thank St John C
TheCuriosiTeaRoom, Owner at The CuriosiTea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I'm very sorry that you felt that you were being looked down upon. I feel this simply was not the case, as I kindly made you a sandwich that was not on the menu & was nothing but polite. It was fairly busy that day so I apologise for not being more attentive.

As for the food being over priced, I think you are mistaken. Sandwiches are £3.95 they are made from freshly cut bread, & served with salad & crisps. A pot of tea is £1.50, cafetieres are £2.

Our cakes are all handmade and locally sourced which I can assure you are of a far superior quality than the supermarket.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely little tearoom set inside a larger, quirky vintage shop. There are about 30 different types of tea on offer and really good quality coffee. I've been a few times and had various yummy cakes but the salted caramel is my favourite so far. The sandwiches are lovely and come with salad and crisps. Lovely friendly atmosphere x

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I enjoy being here because the staff are very smiley and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. I'm not really a huge fan of cakes, but the selection of traybakes change each week, which is great! I particularly enjoy the brie & cranberry sandwiches which are excellent value for money.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff and a shop full of exciting antiques and a lovely Tea room attached with all sorts of coffees & teas...I've never seen so many types...and cakes of all types..also freshly made delicious sandwiches and cheese toasties .... if you're ever passing ..worth a visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just spent a lovely two hours drinking tea from a beautiful bone china tea cup and eating the most delicious moist salted caramel cake. There is so much to look at and be tempted by in the vintage gifts room. Well with a visit

1  Thank Kittykat1st